[PS4,XB1]Westbridge hills

TURBOSNOOP
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 3:51 am

[PS4,XB1]Westbridge hills

Post by TURBOSNOOP » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:04 pm

sure would like to see this map in FS 17.

canadafarms
Posts: 1291
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:51 pm

Re: Westbridge hills

Post by canadafarms » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:08 pm

I think its out for pc already. Being a giants map maybe it will be released as dlc for console. I wouldn't count on it seems there are more players who don't like it then do. I was one who did so fingers crossed. :smileynew:

Edit:I also miss hagenstadt, so if you are reading this Giants......
PS4

namerifrats
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 5:02 pm

Re: Westbridge hills

Post by namerifrats » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:13 pm

I would too! That's the one map that really resembles american farm land in the mid west. Not cluttered with light poles, trees, and other junk to get hung on all the time. Not to mention large fields and not all these tiny fields the other maps have. I like using the big equipment, so want larger fields without things in the way everywhere for AI workers to get stuck on.

erict43
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:37 pm

Re: Westbridge hills

Post by erict43 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:21 pm

It is available on modhoster.com as a mod map, if you play on PC.

TURBOSNOOP
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 3:51 am

Re: Westbridge hills

Post by TURBOSNOOP » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:39 pm

I'm on the console.

User avatar
manosaurus
Posts: 1111
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:24 pm

Re: Westbridge hills

Post by manosaurus » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:10 pm

Updated with pigs and better graphics and on console I'd be one happy farmer

User avatar
jenna_q
Posts: 698
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:33 pm

Re: [PS4,XB1]Westbridge hills

Post by jenna_q » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:07 am

I like how some of the PC players do not know how to read. They go into a topic and it clearly says in the title consoles, then they just have to go on about how it is available for PC.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War

User avatar
Faelandaea
Posts: 1198
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 7:09 pm

Re: [PS4,XB1]Westbridge hills

Post by Faelandaea » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:34 am

jenna_q wrote:I like how some of the PC players do not know how to read. They go into a topic and it clearly says in the title consoles, then they just have to go on about how it is available for PC.
The point is, if it's available for PC, then it will eventually be available to console.

The only thing I see stopping WH from being immediately approved is the fact that it has chopped straw support, which is considered additional scripting. But the remake is rather nice. It does have the pigs (in answer to another post above that was curious), and all animals are now on FS17 standards. It's also a pretty clean map - no errors at all in the log, so really there is indeed hope that this map may yet come to console. However, it would be up to the map author to decide if he wants to submit it for such distribution.
Faelandaea
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.

Drmattymd
Posts: 1853
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:54 pm
Location: VA, USA

Re: [PS4,XB1]Westbridge hills

Post by Drmattymd » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:38 am

jenna_q wrote:I like how some of the PC players do not know how to read. They go into a topic and it clearly says in the title consoles, then they just have to go on about how it is available for PC.
Totally understand your point but in all fairness, the original post title was edited, it originally didnt have the reference to consoles
Playing on PC and PS4

Tuurboclaw
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:39 am

Re: [PS4,XB1]Westbridge hills

Post by Tuurboclaw » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:14 am

I would love to see this map on consoles. Good, big American map.

Don

User avatar
jenna_q
Posts: 698
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:33 pm

Re: [PS4,XB1]Westbridge hills

Post by jenna_q » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:53 am

Faelandaea wrote:The point is, if it's available for PC, then it will eventually be available to console.
The only thing I see stopping WH from being immediately approved is the fact that it has chopped straw support, which is considered additional scripting. But the remake is rather nice. It does have the pigs (in answer to another post above that was curious), and all animals are now on FS17 standards. It's also a pretty clean map - no errors at all in the log, so really there is indeed hope that this map may yet come to console. However, it would be up to the map author to decide if he wants to submit it for such distribution.
Not necessarily, there are plenty of mods on the ModHub that won't make their way to consoles.Then a lot of if it up to the author, if they don't want their mod map on consoles they won't submit it. So all this talk about people saying they want this, this, and this for mods really should stop because it's up to the mod authors and then it goes through the testing and then if those pass console players can use whatever makes it through.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War

User avatar
Faelandaea
Posts: 1198
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 7:09 pm

Re: [PS4,XB1]Westbridge hills

Post by Faelandaea » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:07 am

That's why my last sentence of that was: "However, it would be up to the map author to decide if he wants to submit it for such distribution." But let's face it. Just like the 50,000,000,000,000,000 Goldcrest clones are flooding the waves now, in FS15 Westbridge was like that for editing as well. Someone out there eventually is going to make a Westbridge that makes it to console. Trust me on that one.
Faelandaea
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.

canadafarms
Posts: 1291
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:51 pm

Re: [PS4,XB1]Westbridge hills

Post by canadafarms » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:06 pm

jenna_q wrote:
Not necessarily, there are plenty of mods on the ModHub that won't make their way to consoles.Then a lot of if it up to the author, if they don't want their mod map on consoles they won't submit it. So all this talk about people saying they want this, this, and this for mods really should stop because it's up to the mod authors and then it goes through the testing and then if those pass console players can use whatever makes it through.
This started out as a nice little thread with a few console players talking about how they would like to see westbridge hills for this version. I didn't see anyone say "I want I want". Console players don't have the ability to make mods so all we can do is hope the modders take pitty on us and submit the mod for consoles but it seems there are some pc players who always make it seem as though we are whining, which if you read back through the topic we were doing no such thing. Also being this was a Giants base map I did not think this would have anything to do with modding. So THANK YOU to any modders out there who are working hard to help us console players out, I really appreciate the time and effort you are putting in for us. To the rest of your comment, if we don't ask for things we wont get it, and I am sorry but Giants did promise us mods for console so just keep your snooty little comments to yourself.
PS4

User avatar
manosaurus
Posts: 1111
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:24 pm

Re: [PS4,XB1]Westbridge hills

Post by manosaurus » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:57 pm

canadafarms wrote:
So THANK YOU to any modders out there who are working hard to help us console players out, I really appreciate the time and effort you are putting in for us. To the rest of your comment, if we don't ask for things we wont get it, and I am sorry but Giants did promise us mods for console so just keep your snooty little comments to yourself.

:lol: and they say Canadians are always peaceful. Who would have thought it would be fs17 that makes a Canadian angry. :lol: *thumbsup*

canadafarms
Posts: 1291
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:51 pm

Re: [PS4,XB1]Westbridge hills

Post by canadafarms » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:27 pm

manosaurus wrote:

:lol: and they say Canadians are always peaceful. Who would have thought it would be fs17 that makes a Canadian angry. :lol: *thumbsup*
:lol: I am just sick of being called a whiner. We don't take kindly to being called a whiner round here! If you watch South Park you will get the reference. :lol:
PS4

Post Reply