Ridge Marker

TrevElvis

Ridge Marker

Post by TrevElvis »

Hi all, can someone please explain how to use ridge markers as I can never stay in a straight line and looking for help

Thanks
canadafarms

Re: Ridge Marker

Post by canadafarms »

On ps4 its L1 and up or top d pad button, Push it once to go down on one side, again for it to switch sides and again for both up. It should be in the help menu at the top lh side of the screen. If that is shut off you just go into the menu and activate it. I think its under help menu, either on or off. hope that helps.
PS4
TrevElvis

Post by TrevElvis »

Sorry I must of explained myself wrong, I know how to lower the ridge marker but what I can't understand is what help are they, what do you line them up with, Thxs
Johndeereman4250

Post by Johndeereman4250 »

You line them up with the center of your tractor some tractors you can see a emblem in the center of your hood and u line that up with your ridge line made.
All Deere All day
FS19 addict. Ravenport XBONE
๐Ÿšœ๐Ÿšœ๐Ÿšœ๐Ÿšœ
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Oh sorry. Just have to line them up with the center of you tractor. Most if not all have sort of a hood ornament type thing on the hood. Its not perfect but it works pretty good. That's why I am hoping for gps. :smileynew:
PS4
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Think about it this way. If you take the full width of your seeder plus add to it half width of that distance. That's the line you need to follow with the center of your tractor to place the next row.
PaulDuPouy

Post by PaulDuPouy »

hun3 wrote:Think about it this way. If you take the full width of your seeder plus add to it half width of that distance. That's the line you need to follow with the center of your tractor to place the next row.

This, and it's a heck of a lot easier to do in real life..... :lol:
mtx95sho on XB1, Oct. '17 convert to the master race :hi:
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

In game the ridge markers are just there so you know where to put the tractor on the next pass and where you could line the center of the tractor. However it still won't help too much keeping your lines completely straight.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
hun3

Post by hun3 »

I now use the GPS...only thing I adjust is to make the width lines narrower so it wont miss area and its prefect.
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

I have been using ridge markers a lot on FS17 for doing planting missions.
It would be nearly impossible to do in cab view otherwise.

In real life we use them while planting maize, in addition to GPS.
I think it makes turning easier as it is easier to see where your next line is on the ground rather than try judge it on the GPS screen. Then we use the GPS to make sure we are going straight once the tractor is lined up with the mark from the ridge marker.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

In the game, if you want to use the ridge markers they work well. Another method to keep straight is to use the GPS.
Al Nixon
When God calls the only correct answer is "Yes Lord"!

Platform PC, Hardware-Dell XPS desktop