Is it slurry or not?

DanL58

Is it slurry or not?

Post by DanL58 »

Is the "digestate" produced at the BGA plant the same as slurry produced at the pig & cow farms? If so, I can't load it with the slurry tanker I use with the animal slurry. If it is not the same, what is it used for and what do I need to load it.

Thank
OnlyMe

Re: Is it slurry or not?

Post by OnlyMe »

They're the same in use. The only difference between the two is that you can sell slurry. Digestate can't be sold.
Playing on PS4
DanL58

Post by DanL58 »

How do I load it then? I can't get the slurry tanker to load it.
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

You can't mix slurry and digestate. Both fit in slurry tank, but it must be empty of one to load the other.
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
DanL58

Post by DanL58 »

Ok, I think I did have a little slurry left in the tanker. I'll try it again with an empty tanker.
Thanks
OnlyMe

Post by OnlyMe »

That's strange.... When I tried to see if I could sell digestate, I was able to load it in a slurry tanker without any problems...

Did you try to load it in an empty slurry tanker? The only thing I can think off is that maybe you can't mix both slurry and digestate in one tanker... Other than that, I'm at a loss as well :confusednew:
Playing on PS4
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

OnlyMe wrote:That's strange.... When I tried to see if I could sell digestate, I was able to load it in a slurry tanker without any problems...

Did you try to load it in an empty slurry tanker? The only thing I can think off is that maybe you can't mix both slurry and digestate in one tanker... Other than that, I'm at a loss as well :confusednew:
Exactly, you can't mix them. Although you can load slurry to the tanker and then set off a worker and tell him to refill from the BGA digestate. That works and the amnout of slurry in you slurry tank is intact. ;-)
TopSoil

Post by TopSoil »

If you look closer, you'll notice the icons are different. Slurry shows a little picture of a slurry trailer - digestate shows a solid circle with a blank cut out of it in the same shape as the slurry trailer icon.
namerifrats

Post by namerifrats »

Just curious, but where can you sell Slurry? I normally just use fertilizer in my sowing equipment....I have it set to only fertilize once. Limited time to play, so I don't have time to fertilize fields multiple times. The only thing I ever use slurry or manure for is on my hay field. Other than that, I sell manure to the Biogas. Didn't know slurry could be sold.
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

namerifrats wrote:Just curious, but where can you sell Slurry?
You can sell slurry at the Biogas Plant (same spot you sell silage)
or at the in-ground slurry pit at Wright Agribusiness..

This guy makes great tutorials, and this one tells everything you need to know about slurry. :)

Enjoy!

FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
Nestoche

Post by Nestoche »

mdoss wrote:

This guy makes great tutorials, and this one tells everything you need to know about slurry. :)

Enjoy!

He sure does!, He has a great friendly voice which is a joy to listen and watch.
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

mdoss wrote:

Enjoy!

THANK YOU!!!! For the video. I have the Zunhammer slurry tank for a long time and was always thinking: "It has a working width of 14 meters and the cultivator to connect is only 6 meters, so it would fertilize 14, but cultivate only 6 meters." I had no idea it reduces the slurry tank workign width. I'm deffinitely buying the cultivator first thing I start the game today. :-)

Anyway did anybody do the math on selling slurry to the BGA? We already know we get around 70 money for 1000 liters of it. But how many digestate do we get? Do we get 1000 liters of digestate for 1000 liters of slurry?