Wheel types

Passel88

Wheel types

Post by Passel88 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:16 pm

Hello,

I was wondering when in real life you would be choosing a certain type of wheels. I know you use the thin ones to avoid damaging the crops but when would you opt for let's say wheel weights, …

:search: thanks!

JohnDeere318

Re: Wheel types

Post by JohnDeere318 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:53 pm

In the USA, we don't. All we have is row crop wheels, for duals anyway. For singles, they are just like the game. We can have wheel weights on duals and tractors that had duals, but were taken off. My grandpa when he sprays, he uses a tractor that had rear duals (JD 8310) but he took them off and they have wheel weights on them. It is just that the axle its sticking out because you don't have the duals on anymore.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt

Johndeereman4250

Post by Johndeereman4250 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:59 am

In real life a farmer would put wheel weights on the rear of the tractor for weight distribution mainly for high speed travel like a manure spreader that sees a lot of road time or a tractor running a grain cart also he would add weights on the rear for tilling to reduce power hop. At least here in Michigan that's why my family and I add wheel weights.
All Deere All day
FS19 addict. Ravenport XBONE
🚜🚜🚜🚜

crash

Post by crash » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:22 pm

In norway the max allowed trailer axel weight is 1.5 times the actual weight of the tractor. So if you have a 10tonn tractor, add 1tonn on each rear wheel. and the trailer transfers 3 tonns to the hitch. Your trailer axel weight can be 1.5x15=22.5 tonn. If the max total weight on the tractor, max road train weight and axel load on the tractor allows it that is. There is also a horsepower limit but it is met by most tractors.. And the trailer must have brakes, and tractor must travel at atleast 40km/h. That's one way to use wheel/front weights.
Pc
In Norway