Am i mixing wrong?

kneggis

Am i mixing wrong?

Post by kneggis »

Hey fellow farmers,

I bought a siloking selfline.
But i noticed that when i put in the amounts of hay, straw and silage in the tolerances and create the powerfood and then dump it
it seems that not all of it gets to turn into power food?
Am i mixing wrong maybe?

My mix:

My result in feed when it was empty before.
Barons

Re: Am i mixing wrong?

Post by Barons »

Nope your not doing it wrong. It's just complicated. When you make power food you are actuallyl making some power food and some hay/silage food.
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

What you made is TMR. The bars are between the arrows so you did it right.

When you feed them that mix all bars - eventually, there is some lag in it - will go up except grass. You have to feed that seperate from TMR too.

Maybe the thing you are confused about is that feeding reservoir capacity increases with the number of animals. You have 49 cows so you need several loads of that rather small mixer to fill the bars of the cow feeding reservoir. That is why mod mixer wagon versions are up to 3 x larger and have 2 to 3 axles.

The original game vehicles (trailers) have a problem with scaling up capacity anyway. All are excellent for starting conditions, but what if you grow a lot larger ?
Last edited by Beastofwar on Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
crash

Post by crash »

If you fill the through with silage or hay first, then power food/tmr. Then the through will not steal from your tmr and everything stays tmr..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Barons

Post by Barons »

crash wrote:If you fill the through with silage or hay first, then power food/tmr. Then the through will not steal from your tmr and everything stays tmr..
Really? Didn't know that!
crash

Post by crash »

I pretty sure, I had a full mixer wagon with tmr. And only one ingredient was emptied out.. Filled the through with hay(it's easier to make than silage..) and then the tmr was filling the through as it should.
In Norway
crash

Post by crash »

I am pretty sure, Try it:) I had a full mixer wagon with tmr. And only one ingredient was emptied out.. Filled the through with hay(it's easier to make than silage..) and then the tmr was filling the through as it should.
Last edited by crash on Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Norway
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

I have had one kind empty out leaving another to be emptied by itself. I think when they said fill the straw and Grass first then add the TMR that it works best. I'm feeding 1000 cows now so I don't pay much attention to "exact" mix. I fill with straw, then grass, then TMR. I do each one until the sign comes up telling me I reached the 6 day limit.

I'm on a PC so I can put up a storage unit (mod) nearby and put all of my straw, silage, TMR and hay in it. Then I also put up a silage silo (mod) to make the bulk silage. Then I added a mixing station. (mod) It is not as good as the one in fs15 but it works. So I end up with hundreds of thousands of liters of everything so that I can keep up with that many cows.

The result is half a million in milk sales every night at midnight. Its worth all the work.
Al Nixon
When God calls the only correct answer is "Yes Lord"!

Platform PC, Hardware-Dell XPS desktop
crash

Post by crash »

How much does a liter go for?
In Norway
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

Liter of what? Milk? It fluctuates and I don't think I ever looked it up. I will try to watch at 23:59 and see how many liters I'm selling and do the math for you. Can't promise I'll remember.
Al Nixon
When God calls the only correct answer is "Yes Lord"!

Platform PC, Hardware-Dell XPS desktop
crash

Post by crash »

Yeah, I've looked in the menys, but the milk price isent mentioned anywhere AFAIK.
In Norway
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

So with the siloking, the mixed rations wont come out evenly? Like on the Kuhn.
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

TMR brakes down to 65% hay+silage and 35% power food. You can't get just power food out of it. It's always going to be a ratio.
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

mackintosh wrote:TMR brakes down to 65% hay+silage and 35% power food. You can't get just power food out of it. It's always going to be a ratio.
That's the interesting part : if you spill TMR mix on the floor and later pick it up and try to blend in the next TMR mix you won't be able to. Seems TMR "remembers" the ratio it is made of, and won't mix with TMR of another ratio.
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Barons

Post by Barons »

mackintosh wrote:TMR brakes down to 65% hay+silage and 35% power food. You can't get just power food out of it. It's always going to be a ratio.
So you are saying ones you max out 6 days worth of hay/silage you are no longer able to add in mixed rations?