Giants, please soften price volatility.

erict43

Giants, please soften price volatility.

Post by erict43 »

First let me say I love this game, please keep up the great work.

One thing that bothers me, however, with 17 is the volatility of prices. Especially on a map like Chellington with only one selling point, it forces some behavior that is not quite realistic. I have seen the price of a commodity drop 10%+ instantly after tipping in a load. Now, I believe that falling prices as a result of satisfied demand is logical. I just don't believe it should happen so quickly for relatively small amounts of product.

With the current system, on a map like Chellington we are forced to diversify our crops, which is a good thing. But with larger fields this pricing system encourages holding onto our produce and selling it in infrequent batches with the largest tipper we can find, which I think is not realistic. If I pull two tippers to the store at the same time, for example, I should get the same price for the whole lot, and not one price for one tipper and a lower price for the next one. The guys at the shop saw both tippers when I pulled in.

I'm not suggesting a return to the FS15 system of price changes on the hour, as that encouraged silly behavior as well (park outside the shop at 59 minutes with a convoy of tippers), but if you slowed down the price changes in 17, I think it would be an improvement.
Beastbubba

Re: Giants, please soften price volatility.

Post by Beastbubba »

+1. I hate the instant drop... It makes all but the largest tipper useless for selling.
PC gamer.
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

+1 definitely needs to be changed
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen:
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Get two large tippers and dump them simultaneously (i.e. back them into the sale trigger, so that they can both be emptied together). You still won't get the initial price for the second one, but the difference will be minimal.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

The fluxuations in the market price of crops in FS17 is a GOOD thing. But the immediate drop in a crop price after you sell a trailer of crop is a BAD thing.

REALISM:
In the real world, agricultural markets are national and global, not local. When one farmer sells a trailer of crop, it does not noticably change the price of the crop.

GAMEPLAY:
This feature makes it more difficult for a player who wants to focus on one crop. Say a player lives in a wheat growing region of the world and wants to be a wheat farmer in-game. He is going to have a hard time making money on wheat, when he is constanly driving the price down.

SUGGESTION: This feature should be removed or be selectable in Settings.
W1der

Post by W1der »

I part of me wants to agree ...
But ... I have been doing it like this.

After a big harvest ... and ... if I get a good deal ... I sell one load.
Then I store the rest, until there is another good deal for it ... or when there is a great demand, I sell all of it!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

+1 from me to changing prices.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

W1der wrote:I part of me wants to agree ...

Then I store the rest, until there is another good deal for it ... or when there is a great demand, I sell all of it!
Problem with that is you will end up harvesting more than you would sell, you cant rely on great demand as its broken, ive not seen it once where its in the top 3 top prices
W1der

Post by W1der »

WolfeUK wrote:
W1der wrote:I part of me wants to agree ...

Problem with that is you will end up harvesting more than you would sell, you cant rely on great demand as its broken, ive not seen it once where its in the top 3 top prices
True ...

I actually ones had it "work as expected" ... giving me a very good deal on soy beans and with the "top price" ... but other than that time ... it has all been very confusing!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

W1der wrote: True ...

I actually ones had it "work as expected" ... giving me a very good deal on soy beans and with the "top price" ... but other than that time ... it has all been very confusing!
It is a shame as this is one of a few ways to make a decent amount of money, and should be the primary way, i would always sit on my stock till a great demand came in

I know FS15 was broke in a few places regarding making money, but feel they have gone too far the other way with FS17, and i dont want to cheat money in,

Hope they fix these prices
sparangao

Post by sparangao »

I like the current prices, and when there is a great demand the price will not go down! it was too easy to make money in LS15
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

The great demand isen't broken and is working as intended. Giants stated before release that they changed great demand to stop ppl from hoarding crops. A great demand now raises the price for a specific crop at a specific location. Which greatly increases the price that location is paying for that crop. If that location was not offering a hugh price before the GD then the GD may nit be the highest price you can still get for that crop.
PC gamer.
Fight-Test

Post by Fight-Test »

It's much better than 15. I think until someone owns all the fields and can manipulate the market by creating demand we should hold back on making a call. Might end up being redicuously easy like 15 at that point.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Beastbubba wrote:The great demand isen't broken and is working as intended. Giants stated before release that they changed great demand to stop ppl from hoarding crops. A great demand now raises the price for a specific crop at a specific location. Which greatly increases the price that location is paying for that crop. If that location was not offering a hugh price before the GD then the GD may nit be the highest price you can still get for that crop.

Really !?

PsychoFarmer

Post by PsychoFarmer »

W1der wrote:
Beastbubba wrote:The great demand isen't broken and is working as intended. Giants stated before release that they changed great demand to stop ppl from hoarding crops. A great demand now raises the price for a specific crop at a specific location. Which greatly increases the price that location is paying for that crop. If that location was not offering a hugh price before the GD then the GD may nit be the highest price you can still get for that crop.

Really !?

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8 ... e=58FC8BA0

This was taken from the Dev Blog and shows the GD being lower than other sell points, the economy is working as gaints intended, the only thing I think needs changing is on how much volume can crash a price or adjust the price.

Here is the Dev Blog: https://m.facebook.com/notes/farming-si ... 799893778/

Also you can't take the help guides as being accurate as it also said you could make chaff from straw but as most people know you can't do that in the game. I think the whole help section was just copied and pasted into FS17 from FS15.
Console: PS4 FS19 Felsbrunn ... UK