New Brands/DLC Wishlist

mackintosh

Re: New Brands/DLC Wishlist

Post by mackintosh »

They never do any official "leaks" until they're ready to announce. Best bet is trade shows, occasionally a manufacturer will have a demo booth with their FS products running. That's how we learned of the Holmer DLC almost a year before it came out. Sometimes these are trade-show specific demos running on the FS engine though - that was the case with John Deere (yep, that's right) and some Krone stuff that never made it into the game.
mayoollie

Post by mayoollie »

There will no JD in game probably ever because they are miserable.

I want a Fendt DLC. 500 series, 800 series, 1000 series and both Fendt choppers plus headers. Nice.
Ace of Spades? Star Trek Online? Chivalry? Farm Sim? Supreme Commander? Add me on Steam: modifiedgenes
ninus17

Post by ninus17 »

mackintosh wrote:They never do any official "leaks" until they're ready to announce. Best bet is trade shows, occasionally a manufacturer will have a demo booth with their FS products running. That's how we learned of the Holmer DLC almost a year before it came out. Sometimes these are trade-show specific demos running on the FS engine though - that was the case with John Deere (yep, that's right) and some Krone stuff that never made it into the game.
is there a video of the JD demo i would like to see it i just googled it but i could not find it
playing on pc
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

@ninus17: here's one in german and probably from a german farming fair, which might be the reason you did not find it

edit: embed the video directly (it finally worked :-))
Last edited by juf.de on Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

ninus17 wrote:
mackintosh wrote:They never do any official "leaks" until they're ready to announce. Best bet is trade shows, occasionally a manufacturer will have a demo booth with their FS products running. That's how we learned of the Holmer DLC almost a year before it came out. Sometimes these are trade-show specific demos running on the FS engine though - that was the case with John Deere (yep, that's right) and some Krone stuff that never made it into the game.
is there a video of the JD demo i would like to see it i just googled it but i could not find it
Yeah I would like to know this too. I tried searching and couldn't find it either.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

All the instances of it I remember have been taken down. It was shown at Agritechnica 2013.

e: There you go, juf.de's already posted it above.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
BigC92 wrote:
FunFarmer wrote:
I just followed this link too. I have the steam version. Could @Giants give any info for this???
They probably could, but they're wait till like the company says no or something, almost like its on the back burner.
I wish GIANTS could give us just a little hint to what the new DLC is going to be and maybe the price of it? :hmm:
We will cross that bridge when we come to it.
mayoollie

Post by mayoollie »

I'm sure the price will be similar as with previous DLCs. Though what they will be adding I have no idea as we have a lot of content from previous games that were in earlier DLCs anyway.

My guess is additional content which features brands already in the game.
Ace of Spades? Star Trek Online? Chivalry? Farm Sim? Supreme Commander? Add me on Steam: modifiedgenes
eric21

Post by eric21 »

mayoollie wrote:I'm sure the price will be similar as with previous DLCs. Though what they will be adding I have no idea as we have a lot of content from previous games that were in earlier DLCs anyway.

My guess is additional content which features brands already in the game.
In fs13 and fs15 dlc added new brands not in game
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

most of the DLCs of FS15 and 13 added new brands, like eric21 wrote. There where however exceptions: the NH Forage harvester and the LinTrac. So it could be possible that the DLC will be the Fendt/Challenger 1050. But more likely a new brand will be added.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
chaseydog

Post by chaseydog »

FunFarmer wrote:The short version of the answer is that the marketing folks at all the above mentioned companies haven't realized the true advertising potential with this game. They still probably think this is just a kids game that hardly anyone plays and especially adults, and more so adult RL farmers with a first month release sales of just over 1 million copies. Once they are told or see the aforementioned logic, I am pretty sure they will jump all over the idea and probably try to double task their IT departments into creating the mods themselves.

I've got to admit I'm a bit vague on the true advertising potential myself. Other than as a goodwill gesture towards a relatively small community of video gamers I don't see how FS really benefits JD. Ask 10 random people to name a tractor brand and I be willing to bet the majority would say John Deere. Ask the same 10 people to name a video game about farming and I'm guessing most would be left scratching their head. I'd love to see JD in FS but let's be honest doing so would benefit Giants far more than it would JD. Giants has had good success with FS17, if they could get JD as a DLC I'd be willing to bet it would sell very well, but it's not going to sell I single tractor. The vast majority of FS players are never going to be in a position to buy agricultural equipment. Of the small cross section that is in a position to actually buy a John Deere, some may do so because it meets their needs better than another brand and some may do so because the family has always bought JD but I can't see any doing so because they played with a JD in FS
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

chaseydog wrote:

Ask 10 random people to name a tractor brand and I be willing to bet the majority would say John Deere.
Depends on where you live.....the only JD i see here are mini-tractor lawn mowers and other small vehicles meant for gardening, light forestry and wildlife protection and such. And i saw a pack of heavier JD's towing sand tippers on a construction site for a tunnel, but JD tractors are rare here.

Out on the farming fields and on farms "blue" is definitely the dominant color where i live. Although i do see Massey's, Steyr's and Deutz Fahr and such too.

But if it is JD it's a probably a mini tractor lawn mower or an electric golf car like transporter. In fact i sometimes drive the latter myself too at the rail shifting yard - it has the deer emblem on it and the vehicle is green, rims and seats are yellow - which is meant for the techs to transport parts for train repair. I'm not a tech, but i have access to it and drive it out of laziness since it is over 1 km walk to pick up some trains at the yard. And sometimes i am being transported in the open pick up hold by techs :lol:

I think JD may not need advertisement in the US and Canada, but in Europe and the rest of the world they might need to reconsider. And an awful lot of FS gamers are no ordinary average gamers but in fact farmers or children of farmers.
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Beastofwar wrote: And an awful lot of FS gamers are no ordinary average gamers but in fact farmers or children of farmers.
Couldn't have been more true about that. *thumbsup*
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Does claas make tracked combines? Do you think claas will be a dlc, i hope so, idk if their partnered with anyone.
crash

Post by crash »

Beastofwar wrote:
chaseydog wrote:

Ask 10 random people to name a tractor brand and I be willing to bet the majority would say John Deere.
Depends on where you live.....
In norway the JD importer/distributors Fk/felleskjøpet have shops in malls selling pet food and accessories, clothing from sthil,Jd and their own brands. Hunting gear and much more. And their tractor dealers are also garden centers kind of. They sell everything an non farmer needs to do their around the house stuff.
And they make epic TV commercials:)

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=vx9WIKe0bxQ
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway