Error: Cant Read Profile Path

Barons

Error: Cant Read Profile Path

Post by Barons »

Hello,

I recently purchased this game for my dad but he's having issues. Once the game was installed and we tried to launch it he got a pop up saying Error: Can't Read Profile Path. I searched around a bit and then noticed he does not have a My Games folder inside his documents folder.

In short Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2017/ wasn't installed. I created those folders thinking it might fix the issues. It doesn't Instead I get an error message saying something about not being able to copy an xml config file.

I went into steam and done the verify intergrity of game cache thing but it says everything is fine. I was able to install it on another windows 10 pc without issue. I'm in the process of reinstalling the game. If that doesn't work how do I fix this?

Thanks
Barons

Re: Error: Cant Read Profile Path

Post by Barons »

Reinstalled the game and still no joy. Any help would be awesome
Barons

Post by Barons »

Nothing huh? How long should I wait before putting in a refund with steam if you can't respond here? =(
Last edited by Barons on Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

did you try using "run as Admin" or change the User Account Control?
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Barons

Post by Barons »

Yes, the 2nd time I installed it I ran steam in admin and then once finished I opened the game in admin mode. No luck. I noticed on the other computer that the my games folders don't get created until the game is launched for the first time. I'm thinking it has to be something to do with permissions but idk what it could be that running it as admin wouldn't fix.
Lister471

Post by Lister471 »

Try running farming sim it selfs has admin, go to your steam folder locate the farming sim 17 game folder right click on the exe, run has admin see if that work.

Or if you have another drive say D install it there instead see if that works
Barons

Post by Barons »

Bumb