Combine head trailers problem

WolfeUK

Combine head trailers problem

Post by WolfeUK »

These could do with some work, every time i try to take the head off the trailer i end up dragging the trailer sideways, i have to get a tractor to pull the trailer out from under the combines head,

The trailers need to be alittle lower or have hydraulic suspension where i can lower it so place or remove the head
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen:
eric21

Re: Combine head trailers problem

Post by eric21 »

I reverse straight when on combine or it could be thatbthe header isnt sat on the trailer. Header trailers dont have hydrolics
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

I don't like those trailersat all, thats why i try to switch to the NH or IHC with integratet trailer as fast as possible.
However in the german forum were some post about that topic aswell and the solution seems to be to put the trailer with the header on flat terrain.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Mr.Smoke

Post by Mr.Smoke »

The small header trailer is difficult. Even on flat ground its not easy to work with. Ideally tyou want the trailer slightly lower than the combine and then it will lift it high enough to clear the trailer. I tend to pull the header around with a pickup truck, so one i attach the header to the combine i simply drive the truck forward to pull the trailer out from under the header.

The larger header trailer seems to work better in the little bit of testing i did with it. Different combines and headers may lift higher than others too.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Giants ... just fix this ... please!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
krol85

Post by krol85 »

When you use combines like the smaller MF and Fendt, unfold them before attaching the header. Those combines drop their rear end which sets the front a bit higher? works a bit better this way
xboxone
gt: krol85
Belgium (dutch)
xbox club: Vlaamse boerkes
turbodave

Post by turbodave »

These trailers seemed to work just fine in FS15, but are certainly broken in FS17.

After playing on Lossberg and Chellington the last few weeks I've gotten much better at using them. The trick is to not load the header all the way onto the trailer, just detach it when it makes contact and don't try to push it up past the hook like you would in real life. Doing that I don't have any problems with it regardless of the terrain I have it on.
FS17 on XB1, FS15 on PS3 and PC
jaker85

Post by jaker85 »

I find if you unattach the header just before it reaches the locking pins it stays on the trailer and doesn't get stuck or just pull the header trailer with a tractor and drive out once the combine has connected the header.
Alshain

Post by Alshain »

krol85 wrote:When you use combines like the smaller MF and Fendt, unfold them before attaching the header. Those combines drop their rear end which sets the front a bit higher? works a bit better this way
Gave it a try, but it doesn't work. Still too low, still gets stuck on the trailer.
jaker85 wrote:I find if you unattach the header just before it reaches the locking pins it stays on the trailer and doesn't get stuck or just pull the header trailer with a tractor and drive out once the combine has connected the header.
I've noticed that as well but that still leaves it in the position of being too annoying to be useful. If you don't get it just perfect, you have to reset the trailer and that is just stupid.
Last edited by Alshain on Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

Alshain wrote:
krol85 wrote:When you use combines like the smaller MF and Fendt, unfold them before attaching the header. Those combines drop their rear end which sets the front a bit higher? works a bit better this way
Gave it a try, but it doesn't work. Still too low, still gets stuck on the trailer.
Done the same with same problem, dont slide it on enough it falls off, slide it on too far and it wont come off, ive come to the conclusion this is a really good excuse to use the first smallest tractor, i dont use the combine for pulling the trailer anymore
Alshain

Post by Alshain »

WolfeUK wrote:
Alshain wrote:
Done the same with same problem, dont slide it on enough it falls off, slide it on too far and it wont come off, ive come to the conclusion this is a really good excuse to use the first smallest tractor, i dont use the combine for pulling the trailer anymore
What good would using the tractor do? This issue has nothing to do with pulling the trailer with the combine.
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

Alshain wrote:
What good would using the tractor do? This issue has nothing to do with pulling the trailer with the combine.
Because you can pull the trailer from underneath the header once its on the combine, only way ive managed to separate the 2 so far without dragging the trailer half way across the map
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

WolfeUK wrote:
Alshain wrote:
Because you can pull the trailer from underneath the header once its on the combine, only way ive managed to separate the 2 so far without dragging the trailer half way across the map
I do the same the little Hurlimann is great for this...

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Alshain

Post by Alshain »

WolfeUK wrote:
Alshain wrote:
Oh I see, well that's not a real good solution. I'd rather just consider the MF a piece of junk and not waste money on it as long as it is broken. Sometimes I wonder if anyone from the companies actually play the game. If I worked for Massey Ferguson I'd be pi** that this game make my product look like ****.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

but its a workable solution..

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2