Wind Turbine Speed

Faelandaea

Wind Turbine Speed

Post by Faelandaea »

Does anyone know how to adjust the speed of the blades on Wind Turbines in FS17? I have a great wind turbine I made as a personal mod but really want to slow down the blade turn rate to about 1/3 of the current speed. I searched the i3d and xml files and can find no reference at all in there to speed for the turbine.

Thanks
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
Faelandaea

Re: Wind Turbine Speed

Post by Faelandaea »

Okay this is driving me bonkers. Nothing in the moddesc. Nothing in the XML. Nothing in the i3d. Are the speed of these things hard coded into the game or something?
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

I'm in the process of converting the windmill form FS15 Westbridge, it has some warnings I'm chasing down, and in it's id3, under user attributes is has a script callback for "onCreate -> rotator.onCreate. Now it works so the "rotator script" is still in FS 17, and might have something to do with the wind turbines too since they are both doing the same thing. just a thought.

Edit, yea, your right, there ain't diddly squat on those wind turbines anywhere, and no hint what so ever in the i3d. A mystery for sure.
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Yeah I even did an episode on the issue tonight and no one in my viewers could trace it either. I guess I'll have to stick to super-fan on steroids. LOL
Faelandaea Dravin
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

Are you a member of the FS-UK boards? Lots of not only helpful, but very knowledgeable folks. I'll ask over there when I ask about the shape errors I'm getting from my windmill, and see if anyone knows anything about it.

You know there's something tickling the back of my head about the "rotation" properties in the animatedObjects.xml file for most gates. There is a speed setting for how fast the gate rotates .... just thinking ... because that's what it needs, is an xml file.
chrisben

Post by chrisben »

Stevie has a wind turbine mod, go to his facebook page and ask him there.

Placeable wind turbine for FS2017. New textures, blinking red blade lights, cheaper to buy in store and faster blade rotation.

https://www.facebook.com/StevieFSMods/?fref=ts

Here's a short video 36 secs. It's hard to notice any difference but Stevie claims his goes faster. Stevies wind turbine is on the left, Giants default wind turbine on the right. If you can make it go faster then the opposite would be true.

https://youtu.be/v1lfiJqCU_o
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

chrisben wrote:Stevie has a wind turbine mod, go to his facebook page and ask him there.

Placeable wind turbine for FS2017. New textures, blinking red blade lights, cheaper to buy in store and faster blade rotation.

https://www.facebook.com/StevieFSMods/?fref=ts

Here's a short video 36 secs. It's hard to notice any difference but Stevie claims his goes faster. Stevies wind turbine is on the left, Giants default wind turbine on the right. If you can make it go faster then the opposite would be true.

https://youtu.be/v1lfiJqCU_o
Thanks for the lead, but I already dissected his mod. It's the default wind turbine with lights, pretty much. No extra values at all in his files. The only change he made at all to the machine was adding lights. Not sure why he claims he changed the speed, but his code has no reference at all to any script or code that controls animation. So he made no changes to speed at all on that mod. Also watched the YouTube video ... both turbines went the precise same speed the entire clip. The lights are pretty cool, though :)
Cajunwolf wrote:Are you a member of the FS-UK boards? Lots of not only helpful, but very knowledgeable folks. I'll ask over there when I ask about the shape errors I'm getting from my windmill, and see if anyone knows anything about it.

You know there's something tickling the back of my head about the "rotation" properties in the animatedObjects.xml file for most gates. There is a speed setting for how fast the gate rotates .... just thinking ... because that's what it needs, is an xml file.
Unfortunately there is no animated objects file at all in the wind turbines :( That was pretty much the first thing I looked for, because ... well ... animated object LOL.
Faelandaea Dravin
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

Have you looked at the i3d file by opening it up in xml format? Sometimes there is animated object properties within the i3d that are difficult to find while in the editor.
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Procobator wrote:Have you looked at the i3d file by opening it up in xml format? Sometimes there is animated object properties within the i3d that are difficult to find while in the editor.
Yup. No entries in the i3d at all except for lights and materials. That's it. No references at all to animation in either the i3d or the xml.
Faelandaea Dravin
masseyharris

Post by masseyharris »

Is there any chance it is controlled by one of the shaders, in the same way the tree movement uses windshader.xml?
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Oooh. Good thought. now THAT is cool. But ... unfortunately, the only shaders I see the wind turbine using are Additive, Falloff and Lights and searching those the only thing they reference is color, not speed. :(
Faelandaea Dravin
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

you could try the forum in the Giants Developer Network for such a question https://gdn.giants-software.com/ or PM one of the Giants employees
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

juf.de wrote:you could try the forum in the Giants Developer Network for such a question https://gdn.giants-software.com/ or PM one of the Giants employees
I've already tried there.