Modhub

canadafarms

Re: Modhub

Post by canadafarms »

Tycoonspaceman wrote:<--------------thinks canadafarms is ok for a Canadian :D I am assumng he/she is Canadian :?:
:lol: Thank you, and yes very much Canadian and very much a HE :lol:
PS4
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Tycoonspaceman wrote:I am assumng he/she is Canadian :?:
Yes @canadafarms is Canadian, hence the name "canadafarms". :smileynew: Nothing wrong with that. *thumbsup*
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
Tycoonspaceman wrote:I am assumng he/she is Canadian :?:
Yes @canadafarms is Canadian, hence the name "canadafarms". :smileynew: Nothing wrong with that. *thumbsup*
:lol: Yes a proud Canadian .....maybe I should change my name, might be too much maybe :confusednew: when I went to register I drew a blank on a name and I just came up with that :lol:
PS4
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

canadafarms wrote:
BigC92 wrote: Appreciate what you got man, if you go doing that we'll have no mods, so thats a big no no.
Don't worry about him BigC he just has hurt feelers over another topic a few days ago. No point even giving him any ammunition. Oh and that wasn't about you Rferigolo either. He's taking a shot at me not you.
No it was bout him CF, you dont demand mods, you can ask, but dont go and say i want this and that, its not right.
Roktaal

Post by Roktaal »

canadafarms wrote:
BigC92 wrote: Appreciate what you got man, if you go doing that we'll have no mods, so thats a big no no.
Don't worry about him BigC he just has hurt feelers over another topic a few days ago. No point even giving him any ammunition. Oh and that wasn't about you Rferigolo either. He's taking a shot at me not you.
I'm not taking a shot at you specifically canadafarms or at BigC92. I am taking a shot at all that think that criticizing mods is bad thing. More than 60% of the mods needs fixing. Is it just minor grammar mistakes or bigger game-breaking bugs it doesn't matter. They need to be fixed. I fix them for myself and I come here and point them out so authors can fix them for some future release. But there is untold rule that criticizing is bad. People think that when you criticize the modder can get his feelings hurt and never submit a mod again. Wrong! Modders should be always criticized so they can improve otherwise they will get lazy and will not care about every single detail. Yes, every single detail is important. Good example is the recently released New Holland T9 with SmartTrax. Yes it has added tracks and they work properly, no issues there, but the modder failed to see the problem with the camera position. He took the base model made by Giants and just copied it without making sure everything is ok. Yes the original model of New Holand T9 has it's outside camera shifted to the right and yes it should be fixed by Giants but that doesn't excuse the lazines of the author to check everything. This doesn't make the mod bad at all. It's just that it's not done 100%.
To recap...I am not criticizing because I am some jerk that has nothing else to do. I am doing it to improve the mods in general. To "keep modders on their toes" so to say. To incite them to take care of everything.
When you do something do it 100% not 60% or 80%!
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Ok that's a fair statement. Not saying you but some get very mean at times too and that's not right either.
PS4
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Roktaal wrote:
canadafarms wrote:
I'm not taking a shot at you specifically canadafarms or at BigC92. I am taking a shot at all that think that criticizing mods is bad thing. More than 60% of the mods needs fixing. Is it just minor grammar mistakes or bigger game-breaking bugs it doesn't matter. They need to be fixed. I fix them for myself and I come here and point them out so authors can fix them for some future release. But there is untold rule that criticizing is bad. People think that when you criticize the modder can get his feelings hurt and never submit a mod again. Wrong! Modders should be always criticized so they can improve otherwise they will get lazy and will not care about every single detail. Yes, every single detail is important. Good example is the recently released New Holland T9 with SmartTrax. Yes it has added tracks and they work properly, no issues there, but the modder failed to see the problem with the camera position. He took the base model made by Giants and just copied it without making sure everything is ok. Yes the original model of New Holand T9 has it's outside camera shifted to the right and yes it should be fixed by Giants but that doesn't excuse the lazines of the author to check everything. This doesn't make the mod bad at all. It's just that it's not done 100%.
To recap...I am not criticizing because I am some jerk that has nothing else to do. I am doing it to improve the mods in general. To "keep modders on their toes" so to say. To incite them to take care of everything.
Im not taking a shot at either of you, im telling Rferigolo to not tell modders to make stuff for us console players, its not right.
Roktaal

Post by Roktaal »

He never "told" modders what to do. He just said that a large truck could be a good addition to modhub for console players...
RFERIGOLO wrote:In my opinion the modders could do more for us console...
Big difference between "should" and "could"
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

BigC92 wrote:
Roktaal wrote:
canadafarms wrote:
Im not taking a shot at either of you, im telling Rferigolo to not tell modders to make stuff for us console players, its not right.
how is it not right? most of us here r grown folk and idk about any of u but i was taught growing up that if u want something u speak up.. wtf is wrong with this entire system if a person cant make a mod request or even in a polite manor tell a mod author that something is screwed up.. yea obviously it involves acting like grown folk.. request dont demand and criticize dont insult.. im gonna have my pc in a couple weeks and im gonna try my hand at modding.. as soon as i feel confident which shouldnt take long im gonna release some stuff for console users that i think would make things a bit more fun.. but its up to u guys to tell me whats missing (more 3m cultivators?).. i will be on pc and wont be "in the know" on console mods.. whats more i will need feedback.. if im doing a great job tell me.. if something needs tweaked or fixed i need to know that too.. its really very simple.. dont be rude.. but communication should always be welcome
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

PrincessJessi84 wrote:
BigC92 wrote:
Roktaal wrote:
how is it not right? most of us here r grown folk and idk about any of u but i was taught growing up that if u want something u speak up.. wtf is wrong with this entire system if a person cant make a mod request or even in a polite manor tell a mod author that something is screwed up.. yea obviously it involves acting like grown folk.. request dont demand and criticize dont insult.. im gonna have my pc in a couple weeks and im gonna try my hand at modding.. as soon as i feel confident which shouldnt take long im gonna release some stuff for console users that i think would make things a bit more fun.. but its up to u guys to tell me whats missing (more 3m cultivators?).. i will be on pc and wont be "in the know" on console mods.. whats more i will need feedback.. if im doing a great job tell me.. if something needs tweaked or fixed i need to know that too.. its really very simple.. dont be rude.. but communication should always be welcome
Hes basically demanding someone to make stuff, i was taught to speak up myself, but i would never ever demand someone to make me something, i can handle pressure, but if someone is demanding it? Hell nah, never, if they ask me to sure, but to demand it, dont fly in my book.
Roktaal

Post by Roktaal »

He never demanded anything. He said that some modder could make a truck mod. Thats politely asking in my book and not demanding.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Roktaal wrote:He never demanded anything. He said that some modder could make a truck mod. Thats politely asking in my book and not demanding.
I thought he said we should make him do this. The way CF saying he was demanding it, sorry, sometimes things get over my head, and make a big deal out of it. Hope that makes sence, im on disability, no im not lazy, i was on it since i was 4 years old. I was def from born til 4 years old.
Roktaal

Post by Roktaal »

BigC92 wrote:
Roktaal wrote:He never demanded anything. He said that some modder could make a truck mod. Thats politely asking in my book and not demanding.
I thought he said we should make him do this. The way CF saying he was demanding it, sorry, sometimes things get over my head, and make a big deal out of it. Hope that makes sence, im on disability, no im not lazy, i was on it since i was 4 years old. I was def from born til 4 years old.
No worries. We all make mistakes and often say what we should not. We all need to make more attention and read with care what others say. Peace
Octopuss

Post by Octopuss »

Can you guys take that offtopic elsewhere? This thread is specifically about the official platform to release and download mods!
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Octopuss wrote:Can you guys take that offtopic elsewhere? This thread is specifically about the official platform to release and download mods!
It was on topic.