Making corn chaff on single player?!?

wildflower

Making corn chaff on single player?!?

Post by wildflower »

Dear,

I'm playing on console, and just came to realisation, how can i make corn chaff if i'm playing on single player, the AI farmer is far from intelligent and
i'm playing on Lossberg, so square fields are rare here :'(

solutions?!?

:hi: chazz
XBOX1 player: feel free to add: bonjolino :hi:
ErwinR55

Re: Making corn chaff on single player?!?

Post by ErwinR55 »

Hook the trailer to the chopper if you want to do it yourself in not trusting the AI.
PS4 player
mespalin

Post by mespalin »

I have two tippers, 45,000 and 47,000l capacity. I hook one to the forage harvestor (Krone BigX) and hire a worker. I then wait until he is full dismiss that worker. Then pull up behind him in Fendt 927, swap tippers, get him lined up and rehire worker. Then proceed to bunker silo, or wherever you want to put your chaff. Repeat as needed. I run Fields 22, 23 and 24 on GCV for my corn silage, as well as field 11, and I find I can make it to the BGA, unload, compact that load and get back before he has filled the next tipper. Sometimes just barely, especially on field 24, but it works pretty will. I have found if I get a good path or two on the field first, the AI workers will do pretty will. They do need some direction though :)
FS17/PS4/CPF/OSF/Oakfield/Lone Oak/Seasons
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

mespalin wrote:I have two tippers, 45,000 and 47,000l capacity. I hook one to the forage harvestor (Krone BigX) and hire a worker. I then wait until he is full dismiss that worker. Then pull up behind him in Fendt 927, swap tippers, get him lined up and rehire worker. Then proceed to bunker silo, or wherever you want to put your chaff. Repeat as needed. I run Fields 22, 23 and 24 on GCV for my corn silage, as well as field 11, and I find I can make it to the BGA, unload, compact that load and get back before he has filled the next tipper. Sometimes just barely, especially on field 24, but it works pretty will. I have found if I get a good path or two on the field first, the AI workers will do pretty will. They do need some direction though :)
I think the OP's original concern was that playing on Lossberg...small irregular fields... AI workers are a no go

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
mespalin

Post by mespalin »

Thats a drag. Haven't played that one yet, knowing that AI is a no-go will probably keep me away from that map. They are such an important part of the game. Sorry about my useless advise!
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

mespalin wrote:They are such an important part of the game.
are they.?..I have been playing since FS13 and I don't use them at all... I prefer to do it myself

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
mespalin

Post by mespalin »

For me they are. I know everyone plays differently, for me they really allow us to farm bigger. I don't adjust the time, so having help to keep up is really useful.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I do big farming myslelf and small tasks ai
wildflower

Post by wildflower »

Thank you guys for the opinions, the problem is that the AI worker stops on really strange places sometimes. There should be some field detection and workers should be able to do circles around the field or upside down. That is really what i miss in consoles.

I think, the best solution is doing the outside tours with the trailer on the forage harvester, and once the outer edges are done, i can still try to let the worker finish the rest and enjoy some realistic gameplay.
XBOX1 player: feel free to add: bonjolino :hi:
Bnevyn

Post by Bnevyn »

I hook a trailer to the forage harvestor and do the headlands around the edges of the field myself, then hire the worker and pull the tipper alongside with a tractor. This usually works well for me on Lossberg.
jaro76

Post by jaro76 »

wildflower wrote:I think, the best solution is doing the outside tours with the trailer on the forage harvester, and once the outer edges are done, i can still try to let the worker finish the rest and enjoy some realistic gameplay.
It's exact way i do it. it takes a few runs to find weak spots of every field, then i do 'edging' to make sure AI can handle it. And that's the reason I like this map so much, you have to do a lot yourself to make sure all works.
PS4
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

If you do headlands yourself, maybe 2 with a trailer, the AI does recognize this so will do the rows better
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen:
aklein

Post by aklein »

does follow me work on console? On PC I can see you using the follow me mod and telling the following helper to offset to the side. I dont do alot of chaff work but I could see that working. you drive the harvester and the AI follows you around with a left or right offset.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

That's the way I usually start off, with the following vehicle offset 8m to one side and 5m in front of the harvester, manually drive to the bunker until I've got 2-3 times around the field, then use courseplay for the tractors once they have room to turn at the corners. Unfortunately, since both of these mods use outside scripts they are unavailable for consoles, so no luck there I'm afraid.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc