horrible FPS jumping

lok899

Re: horrible FPS jumping

Post by lok899 »

yeah i have some areas on every map where my FPS start to "jump".The game is playable at 50-40 FPS but its stuttering as fu.. when it jumps.I tried to set my settings from the highest to high and the FPS drop dissapeared so im gonna play with the settings later because for me it has something to do with trees probably when the leaves are moving or something.My GPU usage raises to 90+% when i go to area with the problem but the CPU usage stays the same (tried to set high priority in task manager but that didnt helped) so well im gonna try to play with settings :confusednew:
Btw i have same GPU or CPU usage as you (GPU:50-60% CPU:40-50)
lok899

Post by lok899 »

So report.The problem seems to be fixed for me as i was slowly changing settings from medium to high until i came to shadow quality.On medium i have no problem in forests but on high the FPS started to jump so you can try it.I dont really care about shadows but i think the problem is when the trees or leaves are moving it makes the shadows move too so thats probably the problem.Maybe the shadows are no optimized but who knows :search: :confusednew:
svkb

Post by svkb »

lok899 wrote:yeah i have some areas on every map where my FPS start to "jump".The game is playable at 50-40 FPS but its stuttering as fu.. when it jumps.I tried to set my settings from the highest to high and the FPS drop dissapeared so im gonna play with the settings later because for me it has something to do with trees probably when the leaves are moving or something.My GPU usage raises to 90+% when i go to area with the problem but the CPU usage stays the same (tried to set high priority in task manager but that didnt helped) so well im gonna try to play with settings :confusednew:

I tried this. I lowered the shader quality one notch but for some reason that makes no sense to me, it got much worse. Instead of my lowest fps doping to around 45 it was now dipping down below 30. So I bumped the Shafer quality back to its maximum setting and the fps went back to normal.

Just wish I could figure out why it's dipping down below 60 when neither the gpu or cpu are close to maxed out.
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super
lok899

Post by lok899 »

well thats really strange you can try to set the lowest quality on everything and see if it makes any sense otherwise you can try giants support if they can help you
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

svkb wrote:
lok899 wrote:yeah i have some areas on every map where my FPS start to "jump".The game is playable at 50-40 FPS but its stuttering as fu.. when it jumps.I tried to set my settings from the highest to high and the FPS drop dissapeared so im gonna play with the settings later because for me it has something to do with trees probably when the leaves are moving or something.My GPU usage raises to 90+% when i go to area with the problem but the CPU usage stays the same (tried to set high priority in task manager but that didnt helped) so well im gonna try to play with settings :confusednew:
I tried this. I lowered the shader quality one notch but for some reason that makes no sense to me, it got much worse. Instead of my lowest fps doping to around 45 it was now dipping down below 30. So I bumped the Shafer quality back to its maximum setting and the fps went back to normal.

Just wish I could figure out why it's dipping down below 60 when neither the gpu or cpu are close to maxed out.
I'm picking it must be a mod issue.
I am on a laptop with considerably lower specs than your pc, and I am running all the graphics settings maxed out, but only about 15 mods, including the Rattlesnake Valley map which is all I play now.
I have had absolutely no lag so it is strange that you would be getting lag on a much better pc.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
lok899

Post by lok899 »

yeah try to find the one that does it ;) a lot of mods that arent on the mod hub (workshop) are with some errors cause i found a lot of them and check your log to find it easier
svkb

Post by svkb »

It's strange though that it only does it when my camera is pointed in the direction of my yard where I have all the bales stored. I'll check my logs today and see if something jumps out at me.
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super
lok899

Post by lok899 »

the game acts very strangely i have the shadows on medium so i played on one map i had only 3 tractors and equipment for them and i was doing some grass harvest so i made a tractor to follow me (with follow me mod) then i looked in one direction and FPS was jumping at 60-57 FPS.When i looked away it stopped i even looked at farm where is a lot of bales because the map already had them and not a single FPS drop but im gonna try some more map and test modes cause it seems really strange
lok899

Post by lok899 »

so i tested few more maps+chellington and fichtelberg and the problem isnt solved.The fps are still dropping and idk why
svkb

Post by svkb »

I'm trying the new Rattlesnake Valley map and so far stable FPS everywhere but I can't see myself playing this map very long. I find it incredibly frustrating as everything is so tight. Makes it very difficult to use larger equipment.
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super
lok899

Post by lok899 »

still trying to solve the problem.I tried to play on my save when the game was released and without mods and same problem.Idk what is causing it but its really irritating.It happens on every map i play
svkb

Post by svkb »

Yeah I stated that the Rattlesnake Valley was stable but I'm already starting to see some drops in FPS, although nothing like I was seeing in the other map I was playing. So far in the Rattlesnake Valley map I'm seeing brief dips down to about 57 fps (vsync to 60) and then it usually comes back up. This also appears isolated to certain areas of the map.

I'm not sure if it makes any difference if mods are in the game but I haven't purchased it (ie it's available from the store but I don't own one) or whether I need to take the mods right out of the mod folder.

I also haven't checked the log since I started playing rattlesnake valley. I'll try and remember to do that tonight. (it's just so fun and consuming that I'll probably forget :biggrin2: )
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super