2 crops on one field split

BreadedVirus

2 crops on one field split

Post by BreadedVirus »

If I was to cut one big field into two with the SUPERNET 2200A, could I do two different crops on it?
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Preble 818

Re: 2 crops on one field split

Post by Preble 818 »

Should be able too till you plow that section up
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

BreadedVirus wrote:If I was to cut one big field into two with the SUPERNET 2200A, could I do two different crops on it?
You can plant 2 crops on one field without splitting. Heck plant as many crops as you like on it.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
mespalin

Post by mespalin »

yes, no problem. Be careful if you hire a worker to cultivate or plow though. I plowed a border between the two sections (grass one half, harvested soybeans on other half) thinking this would prevent him from crossing this border, then hired them to plow the harvested soybeans. Whoops, dummy plowed a third of my grass field too, so I had to reseed that.
FS17/PS4/CPF/OSF/Oakfield/Lone Oak/Seasons
Fight-Test

Post by Fight-Test »

If you use the roller (field delete) in between where u wanna make the fields the ai will work correctly.
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

But you have to make it wide enough, otherwise they still come to the other side unnoticed of you started from the other side.
PS4 player
Fight-Test

Post by Fight-Test »

ErwinR55 wrote:But you have to make it wide enough, otherwise they still come to the other side unnoticed of you started from the other side.
Very good point. Make it wider than the widest tool you use to insure that the ai won't overlap to next field.
mespalin

Post by mespalin »

Great idea. For now I guess I will just stop him manually when he gets to the boundary as I don't want to leave a long swath of unusable field. My plow is 6m and cultivator is 14m. That would be a lot of useless field.
FS17/PS4/CPF/OSF/Oakfield/Lone Oak/Seasons
summerrider

Post by summerrider »

Or just start them on the boundry, so the "overlap" ends up being at the other end of the field.