SEARCH FIRST!!!!! QUESTIONS LATER!!!!

User avatar
FunFarmer
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:39 am

SEARCH FIRST!!!!! QUESTIONS LATER!!!!

Post by FunFarmer » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:28 am

Before you ask any questions or make any new posts...... use the little box in the upper left corner of your screen that says "Search..." you type in one or two words related to your question and then just like magic, every instance of those words in this forum will appear on your screen. And I bet you a free copy of the next DLC that every single game question you have about Farming Simulator will be answered by those search results. If you thought of it, there is a very good chance that several other people did too. So please, before you make a mockery of our forums by asking the same worn out questions a hundred times a day, have a chat with the search bot and see what you can learn. If you try that first and you still don't quite have the answer you are looking for, DO NOT MAKE A NEW THREAD, put your question onto the end of a related thread. Every new post will make the topic go red again for all of us to see and it will bring it up to the top of the page.
Just a guy, playing the game of life, and this game.
"PC" player. Modded to the teeth.
FS15/17, Saitek 3 piece, and a crappy lappy.

:hi: :gamer:

Farmer John 16
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:27 pm

Re: SEARCH FIRST!!!!! QUESTIONS LATER!!!!

Post by Farmer John 16 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:54 am

Once again, good advice! This should be permanently stuck at the top of every category!
Playing on PS4

User avatar
FunFarmer
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:39 am

Re: SEARCH FIRST!!!!! QUESTIONS LATER!!!!

Post by FunFarmer » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:57 am

Farmer John 16 wrote:Once again, good advice! This should be permanently stuck at the top of every category!
That is what I am hoping for.
Just a guy, playing the game of life, and this game.
"PC" player. Modded to the teeth.
FS15/17, Saitek 3 piece, and a crappy lappy.

:hi: :gamer:

BrettDavid
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:05 am

Re: SEARCH FIRST!!!!! QUESTIONS LATER!!!!

Post by BrettDavid » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:00 am

I haven't received a bill for any redundant posts I have inadvertently posted. Do they charge each member of the board for every new post?
If not...I'm not sure what the issue is "funfarmer". I think this game is great and most of the people on this message board are very friendly
And helpful. I'm relatively new to this game and this board so a big "thank you" to giants, mothers, and helpful members of this board.
That being said...the rest of you who complain about mods, Giants, mothers, redundant posts, etc,etc, etc; IT'S A GAME! It's fun, relaxing,
and stress relieving for me and I assume others.
My advice: if any facet of this game causes you anger or anxiety simply stop playing. Find a new hobby. The rest of us enjoy the game
And the board and don't feel it necessary to constantly complain about one aspect or another of this GAME.
Have fun...relax...enjoy

canadafarms
Posts: 1291
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:51 pm

Re: SEARCH FIRST!!!!! QUESTIONS LATER!!!!

Post by canadafarms » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:34 am

BrettDavid wrote:I haven't received a bill for any redundant posts I have inadvertently posted. Do they charge each member of the board for every new post?
It's right in the forum rules not to open redundant topics and it gets really old when the same question is posted ten times a day

Edit:+1
Last edited by canadafarms on Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
PS4

User avatar
JohnDeere318
Posts: 6878
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:49 am
Location: Iowa, USA
Contact:

Re: SEARCH FIRST!!!!! QUESTIONS LATER!!!!

Post by JohnDeere318 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:56 am

canadafarms wrote:
BrettDavid wrote:I haven't received a bill for any redundant posts I have inadvertently posted. Do they charge each member of the board for every new post?
It's right in the forum rules not to open redundant topics and it gets really old when the same question is posted ten times a day
Yeper, @canadafarms is correct. @FunFarmer has really good reason, so I don't see why you don't think it is a problem @BrettDavid. Us daily users get tired of it when people do those sort of things.

Again, +1 from me @FunFarmer. :)
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt

User avatar
FunFarmer
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:39 am

Re: SEARCH FIRST!!!!! QUESTIONS LATER!!!!

Post by FunFarmer » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:58 am

Thanks for all the support everyone!!
Just a guy, playing the game of life, and this game.
"PC" player. Modded to the teeth.
FS15/17, Saitek 3 piece, and a crappy lappy.

:hi: :gamer:

BrettDavid
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:05 am

Re: SEARCH FIRST!!!!! QUESTIONS LATER!!!!

Post by BrettDavid » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:31 am

I stand corrected. Cheers mate!

User avatar
mdoss
Posts: 787
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:21 pm
Location: South USA

Re: SEARCH FIRST!!!!! QUESTIONS LATER!!!!

Post by mdoss » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:46 am

Sticky +1 !!
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

User avatar
FunFarmer
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:39 am

Re: SEARCH FIRST!!!!! QUESTIONS LATER!!!!

Post by FunFarmer » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:47 am

mdoss wrote:Sticky +1 !!
Thank you!!
Just a guy, playing the game of life, and this game.
"PC" player. Modded to the teeth.
FS15/17, Saitek 3 piece, and a crappy lappy.

:hi: :gamer:

User avatar
mdoss
Posts: 787
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:21 pm
Location: South USA

Re: SEARCH FIRST!!!!! QUESTIONS LATER!!!!

Post by mdoss » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:04 am

Yeah, this is straight from the General Forum Rules:
Spam is strictly prohibited in the forum.
Spam includes, but is not limited to, useless threads, posts with the same content in different areas (cross-posting), meaningless topics and similar content.


Before posting a contribution, decide which sub-forum fits best. In case of doubt, a moderator may be questioned. Further, USE THE "SEARCH" FUNCTION of the forum to find similar threads before you create a new thread.
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

User avatar
FunFarmer
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:39 am

Re: SEARCH FIRST!!!!! QUESTIONS LATER!!!!

Post by FunFarmer » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:11 am

mdoss wrote:Yeah, this is straight from the General Forum Rules:
Spam is strictly prohibited in the forum.
Spam includes, but is not limited to, useless threads, posts with the same content in different areas (cross-posting), meaningless topics and similar content.


Before posting a contribution, decide which sub-forum fits best. In case of doubt, a moderator may be questioned. Further, USE THE "SEARCH" FUNCTION of the forum to find similar threads before you create a new thread.
Oh yes... BoserLowe sent me a PM right after I posted these and directed me to read the forum rules... So I did... AGAIN. I really think the translation problems are a big issue on this board. The PM I got from BoserLowe sounded like I had broken rules. As I had mentioned on the other post like this, I am going to start trying to rally support to become a volunteer English speaking moderator for this board as I have already seen and heard that is a big problem here.
Just a guy, playing the game of life, and this game.
"PC" player. Modded to the teeth.
FS15/17, Saitek 3 piece, and a crappy lappy.

:hi: :gamer:

thumbwiz
Posts: 735
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:14 pm

Re: SEARCH FIRST!!!!! QUESTIONS LATER!!!!

Post by thumbwiz » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:28 am

So many moderators and so little patience. If you don't like reading the same questions and have nothing to offer then just move along.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada

User avatar
FunFarmer
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:39 am

Re: SEARCH FIRST!!!!! QUESTIONS LATER!!!!

Post by FunFarmer » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:31 am

thumbwiz wrote:So many moderators and so little patience. If you don't like reading the same questions and have nothing to offer then just move along.
I think it would be better if everyone followed the forum rules set down by MadMax. They are pretty simple rules really. If people can't follow the rules of our community I think they should just move along...
Just a guy, playing the game of life, and this game.
"PC" player. Modded to the teeth.
FS15/17, Saitek 3 piece, and a crappy lappy.

:hi: :gamer:

User avatar
Guil
Posts: 6269
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:43 pm

Re: SEARCH FIRST!!!!! QUESTIONS LATER!!!!

Post by Guil » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:18 am

FunFarmer wrote:
mdoss wrote:Yeah, this is straight from the General Forum Rules:
Spam is strictly prohibited in the forum.
Spam includes, but is not limited to, useless threads, posts with the same content in different areas (cross-posting), meaningless topics and similar content.


Before posting a contribution, decide which sub-forum fits best. In case of doubt, a moderator may be questioned. Further, USE THE "SEARCH" FUNCTION of the forum to find similar threads before you create a new thread.
Oh yes... BoserLowe sent me a PM right after I posted these and directed me to read the forum rules... So I did... AGAIN. I really think the translation problems are a big issue on this board. The PM I got from BoserLowe sounded like I had broken rules. As I had mentioned on the other post like this, I am going to start trying to rally support to become a volunteer English speaking moderator for this board as I have already seen and heard that is a big problem here.
You have good intentions but it's funny that you are trying to advocate rules by breaking them, one of the rules is no cross posting threads in different forums but you have done just that. Also I think you have very little chance of becoming a moderator when you are trying to create a clique, I've been a mod on a few sites and it isn't what admins want from a mod.

Finally in my experience as a mod, stickies are always just overlooked and the question will be asked regardless.

Locked