SEARCH FIRST!!!!! QUESTIONS LATER!!!!

FunFarmer

Re: SEARCH FIRST!!!!! QUESTIONS LATER!!!!

Post by FunFarmer »

Guil wrote: You have good intentions but it's funny that you are trying to advocate rules by breaking them, one of the rules is no cross posting threads in different forums but you have done just that. Also I think you have very little chance of becoming a moderator when you are trying to create a clique, I've been a mod on a few sites and it isn't what admins want from a mod.

Finally in my experience as a mod, stickies are always just overlooked and the question will be asked regardless.
My intention of putting this in two places was to put it in the two most common places where the problems happen. Secondly, you might see it as "creating a clique". But I am actually trying to work towards bringing back the TEAM of frequent members that all have different talents and abilities that they can contribute to the COMMUNITY. When you put a negative spin on everything, you tend to get negative results. And when it comes to what the admins want, I am pretty sure they want results that keep the forum alive in the most productive way possible and running efficiently wherever possible. And while I do appreciate your experience as a previous mod, a lot of how a game forum runs is uniquely based on the type of game it is and how those players function as a group. When the posts are in total disarray it is hard to find anything even if someone wanted to search for things. But I have several plans that will make it a lot easier to find things that are common and relevant. Most of all, I have a positive outlook on what can happen here. When you treat people like failures, you will get failure. And when you think they have "little chance" why would they bother trying if they know you don't have any respect for their potential before they are even given the chance?
Just a guy, playing the game of life, and this game.
"PC" player. Modded to the teeth.
FS15/17, Saitek 3 piece, and a crappy lappy.

:hi: :gamer:
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

These forums are run and moderated perfectly fine. Don't try to reinvent the wheel.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

FunFarmer wrote:
thumbwiz wrote:So many moderators and so little patience. If you don't like reading the same questions and have nothing to offer then just move along.
I think it would be better if everyone followed the forum rules set down by MadMax. They are pretty simple rules really. If people can't follow the rules of our community I think they should just move along...
I was just saying. We all know how fast threads go off topic. Like my who would like a horse thread that turned into a military thread, and you talking about your 2 Search First threads. No big deal, just saying it can be hard finding what you're looking for sometimes and it maybe easier to create your own thread.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Soles2023

Post by Soles2023 »

mackintosh wrote:These forums are run and moderated perfectly fine. Don't try to reinvent the wheel.
^^ This right Here ^^

@FunFarmer I'm not sure how much you frequent the forums but I've never seen any of your post until this one. It is a very good point that has been reiterated numerous time in my time on the forum. While these are the rules and they need to be enforced, the reality is we live in world of 140 character tweets and 6 seconds vines, people want answers and they want them NOW, especially when their game isn't working as indented. I think this is what leads to multiple threads being created in the same topic. I've seen multiple frequent user kindly answer their question point them to the appropriate thread and remind them to use the search function, the OP obliges and move on and the thread is lock and removed. I've also seen members just go on a rant about search features and duplicate post and not answer the users question (which I think is a little unbecoming to new users). From your original post, to your replies to other members with a differnt opinion than yours, you seem to be very arrogant and sarcastic which (IMO) doesnt make you a very good candidate for a Mod on this forum. I can think of handful of people I see reply to post and help console and PC in very respectable manner. In short I think this forum is ran just fine with old post being deleted in timely manner and everybody gets along except for a few bad apples. Enjoy your time on the forums and don't go over thinging how this forum should be ran.
XB1/PC
Guil

Post by Guil »

FunFarmer wrote:
Guil wrote: You have good intentions but it's funny that you are trying to advocate rules by breaking them, one of the rules is no cross posting threads in different forums but you have done just that. Also I think you have very little chance of becoming a moderator when you are trying to create a clique, I've been a mod on a few sites and it isn't what admins want from a mod.

Finally in my experience as a mod, stickies are always just overlooked and the question will be asked regardless.
My intention of putting this in two places was to put it in the two most common places where the problems happen. Secondly, you might see it as "creating a clique". But I am actually trying to work towards bringing back the TEAM of frequent members that all have different talents and abilities that they can contribute to the COMMUNITY. When you put a negative spin on everything, you tend to get negative results. And when it comes to what the admins want, I am pretty sure they want results that keep the forum alive in the most productive way possible and running efficiently wherever possible. And while I do appreciate your experience as a previous mod, a lot of how a game forum runs is uniquely based on the type of game it is and how those players function as a group. When the posts are in total disarray it is hard to find anything even if someone wanted to search for things. But I have several plans that will make it a lot easier to find things that are common and relevant. Most of all, I have a positive outlook on what can happen here. When you treat people like failures, you will get failure. And when you think they have "little chance" why would they bother trying if they know you don't have any respect for their potential before they are even given the chance?
I'm not putting a "negative spin" on everything but whether you like it or not you are trying to create a clique, I have nothing against you or any of the others you want in your team but be realistic, it hasn't a snowballs chance of happening given the fact that a few of those members got banned recently. I don't agree with the reasons for the bans but your whole idea of creating a team is at a dead end.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

I wouldn't want to be a moderator, I've got enough stress in my life but if it's in the rules then this also needs to be enforced somehow. I recently got the ban hammer for not following rules so why is this something that people are willing to overlook? I've been on this forum for a while now and you know how many threads I have opened?....one ....because most of the time it is very easy to find the answer you are looking for with only a couple minutes of your time. Just because some people today have no attention span or patients does not excuse them from following the rules. Otherwise lets just just throw them out the window and have at it. Just let the hostility run wild....OTSS,only the strong survive :lol:
PS4
Jet

Post by Jet »

mackintosh wrote:These forums are run and moderated perfectly fine. Don't try to reinvent the wheel.
Absolutely +1 *thumbsup*
.......Jet :hi:

>>>> FS-17 Gaming on the PS4 <<<<
Jet

Post by Jet »

Soles2023 wrote:
^^ This right Here ^^

@FunFarmer I'm not sure how much you frequent the forums but I've never seen any of your post until this one. It is a very good point that has been reiterated numerous time in my time on the forum. While these are the rules and they need to be enforced, the reality is we live in world of 140 character tweets and 6 seconds vines, people want answers and they want them NOW, especially when their game isn't working as indented. I think this is what leads to multiple threads being created in the same topic. I've seen multiple frequent user kindly answer their question point them to the appropriate thread and remind them to use the search function, the OP obliges and move on and the thread is lock and removed. I've also seen members just go on a rant about search features and duplicate post and not answer the users question (which I think is a little unbecoming to new users). From your original post, to your replies to other members with a differnt opinion than yours, you seem to be very arrogant and sarcastic which (IMO) doesnt make you a very good candidate for a Mod on this forum. I can think of handful of people I see reply to post and help console and PC in very respectable manner. In short I think this forum is ran just fine with old post being deleted in timely manner and everybody gets along except for a few bad apples. Enjoy your time on the forums and don't go over thinging how this forum should be ran.
^^ This right Here Too^^ +2 *thumbsup*
.......Jet :hi:

>>>> FS-17 Gaming on the PS4 <<<<
Phloid

Post by Phloid »

So you want to be a moderator?

Maybe you can start by banning everybody who starts a thread with all CAPS and excessive exclamation points?
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Phloid wrote:So you want to be a moderator?

Maybe you can start by banning everybody who starts a thread with all CAPS and excessive exclamation points?
Hey, quit putting people down just because they have a dream they are working for.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
FunFarmer

Post by FunFarmer »

JohnDeere318 wrote:

Hey, quit putting people down just because they have a dream they are working for.
Just let it go JD. I am done with this. Thank you for trying.
Just a guy, playing the game of life, and this game.
"PC" player. Modded to the teeth.
FS15/17, Saitek 3 piece, and a crappy lappy.

:hi: :gamer:
NVillers86

Post by NVillers86 »

This happens with every iteration of the game.... A new "regular" crowd takes over the board and wants it to be perfect so it doesn't annoy them. What no one thinks about is the duplicate posts are more often than not posted by people that have never been here before and are just looking for help from the more experience players. I don't know why it is so hard for everyone just to answer the question. It would take 2 seconds out of the hours most spend refreshing this board. Shouldn't you feel good that people are coming here for your help? Plus, you act like this board is so quick moving with topics getting buried and moved to page 7 or something.... In reality this board traffic is peanuts compared to some other online communities. HAHA sorry your topic got pumped down 3 spots and its harder to find because some one asked how to feed the pigs. My suggestion is let this board be what it is.... a way for players to ask their questions and gain info to play the game. Hang out with your buddies in the off topic thread or DM them. Also, who can blame people for not using forum search functions... they are the worst...
MAC/PC Version
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

Look at all these people who I've never seen before anywhere else.... wow funfarmer you really draw them out of fields.
Guil

Post by Guil »

JohnDeere318 wrote:

Sorry jd but it comes across as you been aggressive with that post. Let's be clear as well, it's not a dream that anyone is working for either. It's simply delusional.
Guil

Post by Guil »

manosaurus wrote:Look at all these people who I've never seen before anywhere else.... wow funfarmer you really draw them out of fields.
Just because you don't regularly see someone post doesn't make their points less valid. Funfarmers "vision" is crazy. Not a hope in hell will he be made a mod here or any other forum as long as he shares his idea of creating a "team", if that was what giants or other admins wanted they would simply make a couple of users mods. It's fairy land stuff.