great demand silage

TheDutchFarmer

great demand silage

Post by TheDutchFarmer »

does anyone know if you can get great demands for silage?
i'am pleas too hear..
Dfarmer36

Re: great demand silage

Post by Dfarmer36 »

Yeah I have had that happen at the biogas plant but the odd thing is that when it happened the price was lower than when it normally was
Dairy farmer by day Xbox/pc user by night
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

as Dfarmer36 said, yes u can get great demands.. but the great demand doesn't always mean that the price will be "better".. in fs17 the great demand simply stabilizes the price so it doesn't drop while the demand is active.. if the price is high when the demand is active then u r in luck.. if not u just kinda have do decide if its still profitable for u to sell at that time.. hope this helps
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

Was wondering this myself. Good question DutchFarmer.
And thanks for the answers...
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

Yes, that works for creating a Great Demand as long as you're on PC. You can also stabilize the prices or affect how much they drop by following this post and the one right below it (http://fs-uk.com/forum/index.php?topic= ... msg1257303).
Playing on PC
PureMassacre187

Post by PureMassacre187 »

I was really disappointed with the huge price drop on silage in FS17. They made everything for silage operation better. Yet made the prices almost not worth the effort. On FS15 i had a four into one field for corn chaffing. The easy collect forage harvester and 8 semis with full size krampe's. Id pack a couple bunkers full. And wait for the demand. Big boy money. Now not likely. I think i may run a test game. Just to see what kinda profits i could pull to see if its worth it on the larger scale.
:arrow:Andy Ps4 Fs17 :this:
clw2147

Post by clw2147 »

right now, i just run silage as a supplementary income. i haven't invested in any foraging equipment , i just use any leftover grass i don't need for my animals. i usually cut about 800,000 per day and use only about 200,000 each day for making food for my cows(produces about 600,000 each day which is more than enough for my current needs) i ferment each day and just keep selling it off. i don't get a ton of money from it, but its not much extra work for some easy money
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

PrincessJessi84 wrote:as Dfarmer36 said, yes u can get great demands.. but the great demand doesn't always mean that the price will be "better".. in fs17 the great demand simply stabilizes the price so it doesn't drop while the demand is active.. if the price is high when the demand is active then u r in luck.. if not u just kinda have do decide if its still profitable for u to sell at that time.. hope this helps
This raises a question, you know in fs15 when you sell a grain type, you sell loads of it, next hour comes by, and the price takes a long walk off of a short pier, does it do this in fs17?
Guil

Post by Guil »

It happens as soon as the "selling" stops so every bucket you sell at the bga the price drops. That's why it's a good idea to use conveyers once the price is high. You can use a wheel loader or telehandler to keep the silage up at the conveyer pickup and have a continuos stream.
clw2147

Post by clw2147 »

Guil wrote:It happens as soon as the "selling" stops so every bucket you sell at the bga the price drops. That's why it's a good idea to use conveyers once the price is high. You can use a wheel loader or telehandler to keep the silage up at the conveyer pickup and have a continuos stream.
this is easier than it sounds, since the conveyors are slow as hell
Guil

Post by Guil »

It's very easy to do, I'm nearly sure I have a video saved on my PS4 showing it. I'll have a look when I get home.
clw2147

Post by clw2147 »

if your into forestry, you can use this method for selling wood chips as well
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Guil wrote:It happens as soon as the "selling" stops so every bucket you sell at the bga the price drops. That's why it's a good idea to use conveyers once the price is high. You can use a wheel loader or telehandler to keep the silage up at the conveyer pickup and have a continuos stream.
So your saying, if i were to sell wheat, next hour comes by, the price will drop?
Guil

Post by Guil »

Every trailer load the price drops a bit.
clw2147

Post by clw2147 »

BigC92 wrote:
So your saying, if i were to sell wheat, next hour comes by, the price will drop?
no, that is the old system. the way it works now is: you take a trailer of wheat to the sell point, you sell it, AS SOON AS YOUR DONE SELLING THAT LOAD THE PRICE DROPS. it no longer gives you a full hour. the ONLY time you get longer is during a great demand, which locks the price in place till the end of the great demand.