Broken sowing machine in 1.4

Ceram

Broken sowing machine in 1.4

Post by Ceram »

To be sure the devs see this. I posted also at Steam Forum.

It's not working properly. Tried to seed canola at field 5 at Goldcrest Valley default and it was not working. I tried various fields and seeds. Broken. I'm using the Horsch 9 DC sowing machine. HOTFIX PLEASE!
Changed to latest Hagenstedt map and after a while it crashed. Never happened before.
So now I want to go back to 1.3.1 How can I do that?
juf.de

Re: Broken sowing machine in 1.4

Post by juf.de »

Please post bugs in the bug forum: viewtopic.php?f=876&t=107856
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

PC or console? I did a quick run with the 9DC on field 5 in my PC save. Sorry to report it worked fine with all seed types. Have you tried resetting it? You'll lose your seeds and fertiliser and you'll have to refill it, so perhaps do a test run first.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

what mackintosh said ^^^ my mod sower did that on rattle snake and i reset and refilled it and its working like a charm
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Ceram

Post by Ceram »

Im on PC win 10 and Steam-version of FS17 1.4

Sorry, but reset is not working. Still broken. I will do a verification check in Steam to see if any files are missing or corrupt.
Maxxum 135

Post by Maxxum 135 »

Ceram wrote:Im on PC win 10 and Steam-version of FS17 1.4

Sorry, but reset is not working. Still broken. I will do a verification check in Steam to see if any files are missing or corrupt.
Hi Ceram
Pop over to General questions and have a look at the problem I posted in the Patch 1:4 thread and see if it resembles yours at all. Mackintosh has just confirmed it
by trying it out on Goldcrest Valley.
Hope it may provide some answers.
Cheers
Maxxum 135
Ceram

Post by Ceram »

I've been testing now for a couple of hours with a new default map - Gold Crest Valley. No old saves.

The patch is corrupt indeed. And the problem is the Helper functionality. If I manually start with the sower Horsch 9 DC on an already cultivated field it works fine. If I start on none cultivated field it's not working at all.
When using the startup sower (cant recall the name) it will be broken because of earlier problem with Horsch 9 DC! As soon you use Helper it will brake.

It's really a mess.

If you cant use a sowing machine, the game is not playable. And god knows how long time it will take before Giants will solve this. As they dont seem to use betatesters we can expect a long interesting spring...
Farmer694

Post by Farmer694 »

On Xbox 1 the problem isn't just with helper. No simple reset on Xbox.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

Direct sowing machines don't work if you try to sow directly on a harvested field with the same fruit again. Everything else should be working (sowing a different fruit, cultivating first, etc.). We'll release another patch with this and some other smaller fixes soon.
SenSeo

Post by SenSeo »

jeeez why you guys are always so quick to update don't you know,with GIANTS that's always a bad idea.
[Windows 10 Pro running from Kingston ssd,Asus Maximus IX Hero,I7 7700K,Crucial 16gb RAM,MSI GTX 960 4gb,PS4 controller via usb]
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Stegei wrote:Direct sowing machines don't work if you try to sow directly on a harvested field with the same fruit again. Everything else should be working (sowing a different fruit, cultivating first, etc.). We'll release another patch with this and some other smaller fixes soon.
Did you do ANY testing on this patch? How does something like that slip past QA? I'm not having a go at you, I just find that unbelievably careless. You've now left us with a game-altering mechanic and a vague promise of a fix "soon".

Can you please make patch 1.3.1 available for download so that we can revert until you fix things?
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

mackintosh wrote:
Stegei wrote:Direct sowing machines don't work if you try to sow directly on a harvested field with the same fruit again. Everything else should be working (sowing a different fruit, cultivating first, etc.). We'll release another patch with this and some other smaller fixes soon.
Did you do ANY testing on this patch? How does something like that slip past QA? I'm not having a go at you, I just find that unbelievably careless. You've now left us with a game-altering mechanic and a vague promise of a fix "soon".

Can you please make patch 1.3.1 available for download so that we can revert until you fix things?
How so typically Giants is this, I have pre ordered the Khun pack.....I am wondering if I dare download it.

Yes Lets have patch 1.3.1 back in the mean time please.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Cannot believe what I'm reading here, Giants release a patch to break a game!
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Yeah I just got in here and I was about to fire up the ps and DL the update but now I'm thinking I better not :lol: I thought I better check the forum to see if there was issues and I am glad I did *thumbsup*
PS4
Bradleyson

Post by Bradleyson »

Wait so if I update I can't seed anything? :lol:

Saaaay whaaaaaat?!? :shock: :confusednew:
Xbox one: bradleyson666
Any questions, ask away.
be polite and respectful.