Trains

enterprisemjs

Trains

Post by enterprisemjs »

Is there anyway to increase the number of cars a train can have?
JohnDeere318

Re: Trains

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I don't think so, you would probably have to add them through GE, via copy and paste.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
E.R

Post by E.R »

You add them by making a new copy of the trainsystem and add the cars there and what order they should be in, same with locos.
You also need to edit the spline of the train in GE to point to the new trainsystemfile so you need to make a modmap and make the changes to it since you dont want to edit the originals.
enterprisemjs

Post by enterprisemjs »

what is the spline?
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

E.R wrote:You add them by making a new copy of the trainsystem and add the cars there and what order they should be in, same with locos.
You also need to edit the spline of the train in GE to point to the new trainsystemfile so you need to make a modmap and make the changes to it since you dont want to edit the originals.
Cool. :smileynew:
enterprisemjs

Post by enterprisemjs »

Which file do i need to edit in order to add the amount of cars i want?
E.R

Post by E.R »

Spline is the path trains, cars pedestrians follow. Can be found in the i3d-file.

map01_trainSystem01.xml and/or map01_trainSystem02-xml is edited with the added traincars or locos.
Dont edit the original map.
Leonara

Post by Leonara »

The easiest way to add locomotive cars is to edit these files:
map01_trainSystem01.xml or map01_trainSystem02-xmlas mentioned abaove. Just search the install directory of you FS17. With a one line cut and paste you can add cars on the next launch off the game.

Adding cars here will make them available in every FS17 map that has support for trains.
enterprisemjs

Post by enterprisemjs »

Thanks, i found the files that you said to edit to add additional trains. i will do one map at a time. i will edit the map in a directory set aside for doing such things. i will make a copy of all the maps before i edit the just in case it does not work. again my thanks for your help.