Chellington: How do you feed the cows???

Bsm1980

Chellington: How do you feed the cows???

Post by Bsm1980 »

Hi, I'm on ps4! How do you feed the cows in Chellington??? Water, hay and grass is the same as in Goldcrest Valley. When I try to feed by using the mixer wagon (same way as in GV - same mixing ratio), it won't work. Square balls - brown, green and silage. I get the message that the green balls are not supported here, in the mixer. Does anyone know how to feed the correct way here??? Hope you guys understand my english!:)
ErwinR55

Re: Chellington: How do you feed the cows???

Post by ErwinR55 »

Since the update the mixer should not accept dark green grass bales (unwrapped) anymore. Only hay is accepted in the mixer.
PS4 player
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

In Chellington, you can not give them bales directly. None of the animal triggers will take bales.

The feed mixer should work fine. Should be able to unload the mixer next to the long section of troughs by the silage pit...
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
Bsm1980

Post by Bsm1980 »

Hmm...
The mixer works fine but it just won't accept green unwrapped bales - the same way I did it in Goldcrest Valley.
So, I won't be able to feed the cows the way they should be fed then - silage/hay and power food...?? Or am I missing something somewhere...?

Post by 987 »

Since update 1.4 the mixer doesn't accept grass. I assume you'll need hay bales now for mixer to work again.
Bsm1980

Post by Bsm1980 »

Hay bales and silage works fine in the mixer, but I still need the green bales to get the right mixing ratio for the cows. Hope "they" can fix this soon!

Post by 987 »

I'm no farmer, but are you confusing hay and straw bales as the same thing? Straw bales are yellow and grass bales are green. But to get hay bales I think you have to use a teder after mowing to dry the grass and then windrow/bale. Before the update the mixer originally was supposed to only accept hay but or some reason it accepted grass which then changes it to hay once inside mixer. Now after the update it only accepts hay. I'm I wrong on this????
Bsm1980

Post by Bsm1980 »

No, I know (knew) how to feed and I know the difference between the bales. But after the update it won't work as it used to do. I know how to get the yellow bales, you can get it from the wheat straw, the barley straw or you can cut the gras and use a tedder after mowing. And yes, after the upgrade it will only accept the yellow bales.
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

Bsm1980, the mixer used to accept green bales (grass). But this was actually a bug, it is not supposed to accept grass bales.

So the patch didn't mess it up, it actually fixed it! No more grass (green) bales in the mixer!

You can get the perfect mixture by using
1 straw bale, 1 hay bale, 2 silage bales
or
1 straw bale, 2 hay bales, 1 silage bale...

Never a green bale. Not after the patch fixed it.

:)
FS19 - PC version
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
Bsm1980

Post by Bsm1980 »

Ah ok, NOW i understand! Thanks! :)
I haven't been into this feeding process for more than (about) two months, forestry has been my thing to do in FS.
PaulMacca1119

Post by PaulMacca1119 »

Bsm1980 wrote:Ah ok, NOW i understand! Thanks! :)
I haven't been into this feeding process for more than (about) two months, forestry has been my thing to do in FS.

Ok Mate so now help me if you can.
So you said that "and I have the same problem" you could not put hay , "grass", bales into the animal mixer , not accepted .
Then you say you understand now .
Well the mixer will not accept Grass hay bales . So how do you mix the power food .
I don't understand and the problem remains .
PaulMacca1119

Post by PaulMacca1119 »

mdoss wrote:Bsm1980, the mixer used to accept green bales (grass). But this was actually a bug, it is not supposed to accept grass bales.

So the patch didn't mess it up, it actually fixed it! No more grass (green) bales in the mixer!

You can get the perfect mixture by using
1 straw bale, 1 hay bale, 2 silage bales
or
1 straw bale, 2 hay bales, 1 silage bale...

Never a green bale. Not after the patch fixed it.

:)
Hay "green bales" are the same thing and not accepted .
So how can I use any Hay Bales . Hay = Grass
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

No. There is a difference between hay bales and grass bales...
If you mow grass and then bale it, that is a grass bale, not a hay bale..

To get a hay bale, you have to mow grass, then use a Tedder to try it out, then bale it. Then it is a Hay bale!

A straw bale is picking up the swath left over after a wheat or barley harvest..
FS19 - PC version
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
Bsm1980

Post by Bsm1980 »

PaulMacca...
Before the update, yellow bales from the harvester and mowing/teddering bales, were the same bales (at least in my game-Goldcrest Valley).
NOW, after the update (in Chellington - not tried it in GV yet), it's not the same thing... The mowing/teddered bales are now a bit lighter green coloured and I can now forget the darker/"old green bales".

SO, the recipe is:
You have to use the yellow bales from the harvester-"grass" (barley or wheat) and then you have to mow/tedder/bale the green grass - mix it with silage and the power food problem is solved! :)
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

I just used a loading wago and dumped loose straw,grass and hay in the troughs