A few issues for PC

farmerfromdownunder

A few issues for PC

Post by farmerfromdownunder »

Hi,

I have 2 questions:

First question being - is it possible for me to activate my game (FS17 on pc) on the FS site or some place? I purchased the Collector's Edition disc version (I must say, it is well worth the money!), but I just find it quite annoying to put in the disc every time. Plus, the disc will probably gradually wear out overtime. Just wondering if it is possible for me to activate the product key somewhere, instead of having to put in the disc to play each time?

Second question - I get high fps and very smooth gameplay in both of the game maps. No lag at all, no matter where I am. BUT, in 1 area. When travelling along the main road, in the large town on the Goldcrest Valley map. My tractor/car lags back and forth quite a lot. And avoiding the area isn't an option, as there are many things there!

Any help on either of these topics would be greatly appreciated, thanks :P
thunderhawk

Re: A few issues for PC

Post by thunderhawk »

I think the dvd key is for dvd activation only I think but here you cant even download it without a good key so here is the dowload portal site you need the key to download so just try it and see https://eshop.giants-software.com/downloads.php
but even if it lets you download the game there is no Guarantee it would let you activate it when you open game first time
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
farmerfromdownunder

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately it looks like it's for DLC only perhaps. I get to the 3rd 'chunk' of the key, and then it won't let me type anymore. Thanks anyway!
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

farmerfromdownunder wrote:Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately it looks like it's for DLC only perhaps. I get to the 3rd 'chunk' of the key, and then it won't let me type anymore. Thanks anyway!
I was afraid so but never hurts to check
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

@farmerfromdownunder: welcome to the forum!

As you have already found out it is not possible to use the CD-Key do download and activate the online version of the game. If you don't want to buy the online version again you can however avoid wearing out the DVD (and the DVD-drive in your PC) by creating an image of the CD:
http://www.howtogeek.com/228886/how-to- ... and-linux/
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows- ... ows-vista/
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
farmerfromdownunder

don_apple wrote:If you don't want to buy the online version again you can however avoid wearing out the DVD (and the DVD-drive in your PC) by creating an image of the CD:
http://www.howtogeek.com/228886/how-to- ... and-linux/
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows- ... ows-vista/
Above links work fantastically. A big thumbs up for this guy, thanks for your help! For anyone else wanting to do the same, I advise you follow those links :)
farmerfromdownunder

farmerfromdownunder wrote:Second question - I get high fps and very smooth gameplay in both of the game maps. No lag at all, no matter where I am. BUT, in 1 area. When travelling along the main road, in the large town on the Goldcrest Valley map. My tractor/car lags back and forth quite a lot. And avoiding the area isn't an option, as there are many things there!
Would anyone happen to have any ideas or suggestions on how to work around or fix this issue? Thanks in advance :)
danielhawkins

Post by danielhawkins »

farmerfromdownunder wrote:
farmerfromdownunder wrote:Second question - I get high fps and very smooth gameplay in both of the game maps. No lag at all, no matter where I am. BUT, in 1 area. When travelling along the main road, in the large town on the Goldcrest Valley map. My tractor/car lags back and forth quite a lot. And avoiding the area isn't an option, as there are many things there!
Would anyone happen to have any ideas or suggestions on how to work around or fix this issue? Thanks in advance :)
Can you please give us the location that this happens? On your minimap in the top right corner it will give you 2 numbers separated by a comma (,). Give us the numbers of approx. where the lag happens. I'll give it a go my end and see if I can reproduce the problem.
What ever it is I just said; I could be wrong!
Farming on FS17
"PC"
-MSI Gaming Pro Carbon RGB
-Intel i7 6850K Hexacore 3.6gHz-3.9gHz
-32GB RAM
-MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
-Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 1TB
-Win 10 Pro 64-Bit
-Logitech G710+, Corsair M65 PRO RGB
-Samsung SyncMaster B2240
How to find and post your Log.txt