Installing mods

Stephen_25

Installing mods

Post by Stephen_25 »

I am having trouble installing mods on my pc. I cant get them to appear in my game. I don't unzip the file, I just download the mod and copy into my mods folder for Farming Simulator 2017 and it is not working. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Farmer2B

Re: Installing mods

Post by Farmer2B »

They should work then unless they are zip files or packs which need to be opened then all of the subfolders placed into the mod folder. Where are you looking for them that you can't find them?
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

And Just so you know there are no mods category in store anymore all mods are in it's own category(Such as A Tractor will will be in tractors category) at end of list with the rest of default vehilces and equipment mods will always be at far right of the the category list with MOD written in red under it
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
Stephen_25

Post by Stephen_25 »

Farmer2B wrote:They should work then unless they are zip files or packs which need to be opened then all of the subfolders placed into the mod folder. Where are you looking for them that you can't find them?
They are not packs they are just the mod itself and I copy the mod into my mods folder under my game without unzipping it. They are not appearing in my game anywhere.
Stephen_25

Post by Stephen_25 »

thunderhawk wrote:And Just so you know there are no mods category in store anymore all mods are in it's own category(Such as A Tractor will will be in tractors category) at end of list with the rest of default vehilces and equipment mods will always be at far right of the the category list with MOD written in red under it
I found that out but I still cant find them in the game.
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

Stephen_25 wrote:
thunderhawk wrote:And Just so you know there are no mods category in store anymore all mods are in it's own category(Such as A Tractor will will be in tractors category) at end of list with the rest of default vehilces and equipment mods will always be at far right of the the category list with MOD written in red under it
Did you activate them on activation screen of map when loading map
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Stephen_25

Post by Stephen_25 »

thunderhawk wrote:
Stephen_25 wrote:
Did you activate them on activation screen of map when loading map
They don't show up there
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

You Sure Sure your putting them in right folder if so unzip one it should unzip to a file folder and if you open that folder you should see all the mod files such as texture folder moddesc.xml the mod i3d.file the mod xml.file and some others if you open this folder and there is another folder this is the issue someone has zipped file up wrong open folders till you find the files I talked about the second folder should be it but find files now take that folder and put in mods folder dont worry about zipping it right now it does not have to be zipped if not playing on mp we are just testing anyway
we will get into zipping them back up right after you check all the mods that is not show up I bet they are zipped up wrong start with one first
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Stephen_25

Post by Stephen_25 »

thunderhawk wrote:You Sure Sure your putting them in right folder if so unzip one it should unzip to a file folder and if you open that folder you should see all the mod files such as texture folder moddesc.xml the mod i3d.file the mod xml.file and some others if you open this folder and there is another folder this is the issue someone has zipped file up wrong open folders till you find the files I talked about the second folder should be it but find files now take that folder and put in mods folder dont worry about zipping it right now it does not have to be zipped if not playing on mp we are just testing anyway
we will get into zipping them back up right after you check all the mods that is not show up I bet they are zipped up wrong start with one first
I just tried that and it still didn't work. The only mods that I can get to work is the mods that you can download in the game. Any mod that isn't apart of that I cant get to work.
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

you sure your putting them in fs 17 and not fs 15 mods folder Post a copy of your log Text Please
Nvidia GTX 660ti
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

@Stephen_25: please check the log.txt file of the game for errors or warnings related to the mods you are trying to install. If you are not sure what to look for in the file then please post it here so that others can take a look (see the link 'log.txt' in my signature for instructions).
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

It might help to post links to the mods that aren't working, so one of us can make sure it's not an issue with the mod itself.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Stephen_25

Post by Stephen_25 »

don_apple wrote:@Stephen_25: please check the log.txt file of the game for errors or warnings related to the mods you are trying to install. If you are not sure what to look for in the file then please post it here so that others can take a look (see the link 'log.txt' in my signature for instructions).
Is this what you are looking for?
C:\Users\Me\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2017\mods
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

in that same folder there is a file that says log click on that and copy and paste the contents of that folder to a spoiler we will see whats going on and what mods are doing this
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Stephen_25

Post by Stephen_25 »

thunderhawk wrote:in that same folder there is a file that says log click on that and copy and paste the contents of that folder to a spoiler we will see whats going on and what mods are doing this
Game vehicle types loaded
Load mod: FS17_GMC_Sierra
Error: Unsupported mod description version in mod FS17_GMC_Sierra
Load mod: FS17_placeable_floodlight
Last edited by Stephen_25 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:10 am, edited 2 times in total.