New DLC's

FarmerBob16

New DLC's

Post by FarmerBob16 »

I just have a question, why has Giants not yet approached Spudnik Equipment to include some if not all of their products in FS as a possible DLC pack, as they are also a major farming equipment manufacturer and supplier which I believe to be based in the US? Or is it due to the fact that visually (color scheme and logo's) they are very similar to Grimme although Grimme does not have the same type of equipment as Spudnik, could it be a product licencing conflict or just a case of the current variety of in-game equipment and models not really justifying adding more manufacturers to the base game files or as DLC packages

Would be nice to hear Giants opinion on this topic *thumbsup*
FarmerBob16
Happy Farming ! *thumbsup*
mackintosh

Re: New DLC's

Post by mackintosh »

Do a search on GIANTS' three key markets and therein lies your answer.
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Never heard of Spudnik before, but it looks impressive setups they have.

I know that brands can ask for exclusivity for a product range to be used in the game in their contract, so that might be in conflict.
PS4 player
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Spudnik works with Grimme thats why the colours are pretty much the same and the style. Grimme is mainly aimed at the international market while spudnik is aimed at the US market.
Pensarethebest

Post by Pensarethebest »

mackintosh wrote:Do a search on GIANTS' three key markets and therein lies your answer.
So I assume the implication of this statement is that giants isn't trying to appeal to American customers. A quick Google search turned up nothing concerning targeted marketing regions demographics etc. So using my American logic I deduced that this is not the case and I think it is pretty obvious that giants is appealing to American customers....increasingly as the series progresses. I think you only need to look at the maps included in the last two games to prove this. 15 had included an American map. ( probably not as a primary map.) 17 included a very highly marketed American map as the face of the game. That being said it seems (rather ingeniously I add) that the equipment etc. Is kinda chosen on the basis of being sold in both American and European markets when they can, so as to appeal to the broadest base possible. If you want to make the case most equipment modeled in game is euro spec because of the availability to the team that models them......I can buy that. Which is why you won't see much us only equipment in the game. In my opinion.
FS 22 and loving it.
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

The key markets are Germany, France and Poland. That's where the majority of their sales come from. That's why we mostly get small equipment and European brands. Personally, I hope they finally take the gamble and make a strong play for the American market, but I get the feeling that FS isn't selling there as well as we'd all hope. Time will tell, I'm not holding my breath.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Pensarethebest wrote: I think you only need to look at the maps included in the last two games to prove this. 15 had included an American map. ( probably not as a primary map.) 17 included a very highly marketed American map as the face of the game.
Correct..the main map draw for FS15 was Bjornholm...a Scandavian "themed" map. The FS15 American map.. Westbridge Hills... was the drudgy old squares plopped down map rescued from the dumpster from FS13 given a few tweaks to make it more like new FS15 and played second fiddle.

Fs17's main draw is GCV...which is as far as I am concerned (and this is strictly my opinion) another drudgy squares plopped down anywhere, not very realistic kind of map but appeals to the great unwashed who like to have AI do everything while they eat Doritos.. The second map is Sosnovka.. a rebirthed FS15 DLC map.. that was actually tweaked to be worse than the original...and then released

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Pensarethebest

Post by Pensarethebest »

cr41g_1965 wrote:
Pensarethebest wrote: I think you only need to look at the maps included in the last two games to prove this. 15 had included an American map. ( probably not as a primary map.) 17 included a very highly marketed American map as the face of the game.
Correct..the main map draw for FS15 was Bjornholm...a Scandavian "themed" map. The FS15 American map.. Westbridge Hills... was the drudgy old squares plopped down map rescued from the dumpster from FS13 given a few tweaks to make it more like new FS15 and played second fiddle.

Fs17's main draw is GCV...which is as far as I am concerned (and this is strictly my opinion) another drudgy squares plopped down anywhere, not very realistic kind of map but appeals to the great unwashed who like to have AI do everything while they eat Doritos.. The second map is Sosnovka.. a rebirthed FS15 DLC map.. that was actually tweaked to be worse than the original...and then released
I think that's accurate as far as westbridge hills. Definitely felt kinda tacked on. Still like it. I do like gcv a lot and that is primarily where I play. As for ai..... they can be infuriating at times like when the tractor ends up in a ravine.....
FS 22 and loving it.
Pensarethebest

Post by Pensarethebest »

mackintosh wrote:The key markets are Germany, France and Poland. That's where the majority of their sales come from. That's why we mostly get small equipment and European brands. Personally, I hope they finally take the gamble and make a strong play for the American market, but I get the feeling that FS isn't selling there as well as we'd all hope. Time will tell, I'm not holding my breath.

I guess what I'm saying is that you will see sales strong enough to keep the us marketing strong but not strong enough for us only equipment to be produced. Probably continue to make majority of equipment us and euro.
FS 22 and loving it.
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

I don't think GIANTS expect any PC users to actually play the default maps for a significant length of time. There are so many custom maps for PC that I'm fairly certain that the majority of us have left GCV long ago. Even console users now have options and alternatives. I wouldn't necessarily view the default maps as an indicator of where the franchise intends to go.

GIANTS made maps always feel like just some random fields cobbled together to work with the limited AI. They're enough to get us by until the real stuff starts showing up, and then we forget all about them. Well, maybe except for Westbridge, which paradoxically does feel like a generic American-themed map. I wish they'd updated that rather than GCV.
Pensarethebest wrote: I guess what I'm saying is that you will see sales strong enough to keep the us marketing strong but not strong enough for us only equipment to be produced. Probably continue to make majority of equipment us and euro.
Exactly. Because how much actual US equipment do we really have? Everything that we have in-game is pretty much available and used throughout Europe. Even the Great Plains seeder is sourced from their European division. Everything in game is sold and used here. There are a boatload of Quadtracs and Steigers roaming Polish fields. I've seen more than a couple of Case 9230s, and so on, and so forth. I wish GIANTS would take the plunge and finally give us something truly (North) American. Something that isn't available from their European catalogues. That would be a good indication that they do think seriously about the American market.
Last edited by mackintosh on Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

It easier to deal with European brands when you are based in Europe, annd also brands would like to promte thier products
Pensarethebest

Post by Pensarethebest »

mackintosh wrote:I don't think GIANTS expect any PC users to actually play the default maps for a significant length of time. There are so many custom maps for PC that I'm fairly certain that the majority of us have left GCV long ago. Even console users now have options and alternatives. I wouldn't necessarily view the default maps as an indicator of where the franchise intends to go.

GIANTS made maps always feel like just some random fields cobbled together to work with the limited AI. They're enough to get us by until the real stuff starts showing up, and then we forget all about them. Well, maybe except for Westbridge, which paradoxically does feel like a generic American-themed map. I wish they'd updated that rather than GCV.
I think we are kinda on the same page except I respectfully disagree with the vanilla maps. I think they do use those to kinda market to a region for sales. They marketed gcv pretty heavily. I think if maps were just made to get people by they would be a lot less detailed and tacked on. I really felt like gcv was a fairly accurate depiction of a us style farm found near me. It felt not rushed and tacked on. That's my opinion. But still gcv was marketed heavily as a new and unique map.
FS 22 and loving it.
Pensarethebest

Post by Pensarethebest »

eric21 wrote:It easier to deal with European brands when you are based in Europe, annd also brands would like to promte thier products
That was the point I was making. I think they choose brands aND equipment sold everywhere. Amazone horsch kuhn massey and lemken all have a solid north america presence so they choose to put those in the game as it appeals to multiple markets. And as a bonus that stuff is all easily accessible in Germany to model in a game. Just my guess though.
FS 22 and loving it.
Angryfarmer

Post by Angryfarmer »

I would like to see potatoes get some new equipment. Would be great to see some potato wind rowers and larger harvesters and seeders brought in. As far as some U.S equipment that would be great to go with the big high horsepower articulated tractors. Giants already has Case and Great Plains and they have plenty of large implements just between those two companies that are used here in states. I was really disappointed when I only seen one small seeder from Great Plains offered. Another option themed toward U.S is to be able to run row tires (duals and trips) on any tractor. Really is wish we could use any style tire on any tractor.