Scania back attacher.

sebmoc

Scania back attacher.

Post by sebmoc »

I am looking for some help from someone experienced as I am not. Relatively new to FS and have recently downloaded a Scania as the stock Man truck lets the trailer drive the truck. My problem is I have been trying for a couple of days without success, many forums and hours searching but any form of tutorial on adding a tow hitch (back attacher) to the rear of this Scania is non existent. I have managed to place it in GE but for coding and placement of files is seriously letting me down. The truck loads and runs but still no tow hitch.

Would it be possible for someone, in words of one syllable, describe the process for me. I am sure I am not alone in this quest and your answer would help others also.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in anticipation.
thunderhawk

Re: Scania back attacher.

Post by thunderhawk »

well for starters does the hitch you installed on it have attacher joint with it the hitch alone wont work it has to have a attacher joint added to the point where trailer would connect and the correct code line put in xml.file exsample below Id be more than willing to add it for you if you want PM me and I will send you my email or give me your email and the download link where you got it

Code: Select all

<attacherJoints>
        <attacherJoint index="0>27" jointType="trailer" allowsJointLimitMovement="false" allowsLowering="false" lowerRotLimit="12 175 12" enableCollision="true" >
            <schema position="1 0.5" rotation="0" invertX="false" />
        </attacherJoint>
      </attacherJoints>

But If it have attacher joint already for semitrailer hitch you will need to note the node id for it and replace all with it like this then replace node id with the id from old line then save file you will need id for trailer to by clicking on it in scenegraph then In Atrubutes window Look at index path for the id

Code: Select all

<attacherJoints>
        <attacherJoint index="0>27" jointType="semitrailer" allowsJointLimitMovement="false" allowsLowering="false" lowerRotLimit="12 175 12" enableCollision="true" >
            <schema position="1 0.5" rotation="0" invertX="false" />
   </attacherJoint>

<attacherJoint index="0>23" jointType="trailer"    lowerRotLimit="10 80 80" upperRotationOffset="0" allowsJointLimitMovement="false" >
	        <schema position="1 0" rotation="0" invertX="false" />
	   </attacherJoint>
     </attacherJoints>

Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
sebmoc

Post by sebmoc »

Hello Thunderhawk. Thanks for taking the trouble to help. At this point, to be totally honest with you, I have no idea. I took it from a Man truck. The hitch on the Man had the normal height one and a lower one. I removed the lower one and the from hitch and lift. I am thinking of taking the one from the stock Lizard TX415 and transplanting it to my Scania. I have the coding here so I can play. I would imagine you know the Scania mod I have. It is the scaniaR Priester Edit.

I shall play once I finish my harvesting and let you know how I get on.

Thank you again.
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

ok good luck i will help how i can still if you get tired of messing with i will be more than glad to do it for you im currently between jobs and sort of making a vacation out of it but here lately I cant seem to find anything but modding to keep me from being bored
and I'm not the best at telling someone the steps how to do it I could do it myself in 5 min but explaining the process I'm not that good at that
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
sebmoc

Post by sebmoc »

Hello again Thunderhawk. Thank you for the offer of doing it for me but I have it fitted and working. I did take the one from the TX415 and with your help it actually showed in game and with 'tweeking' it works. Just shows, you are never too old to learn! After all that time of trying it finally took me about half an hour to start fresh and complete it.

Thanks again for taking the trouble. :biggrin2:
Last edited by sebmoc on Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

sebmoc wrote:Hello again Thunderhawk. Thank you for the offer of doing it for me but I have it fitted and working. I did take the one from the TX415 and with your help it actually showed in game and with 'tweeking' it works. Just shows, you are never too old to learn!

Thanks again for taking the trouble. :biggrin2:
No Problem Yep sometimes it helps to find out how yourself glad you got it going
Nvidia GTX 660ti