Field Mission tractor selection

GhostTigress

Field Mission tractor selection

Post by GhostTigress »

First off I am a big fan of the FS game system since I started playing on FS15. With over 3600 hours playing FS15 and now almost 700 hours on FS17 I am still enthralled with the game.

My issue with FS17 is in the tractor selections for field missions. If I'm not mistaken one of the primary objectives was to showcase some of the new Challenger series, yet I have yet to see one offered in the mission system. The reason I mention this is some observations I have made while using a few of the larger tools. So far the largest tractors I have been offered are the New Holland T8, Valtra S, and the Case Magnum. While the NH and Valtra seem to be decent for most of the jobs, the Case IMO is awful. I'm constantly having to drive it sideways to keep a straight line if there is any kind of slope.

When towing larger soil preparation implements, such as the Horsch Tiger or the Salford 8312, all of these tractors seem well underpowered to pull the tools at speed on a flat surface. Again, IMO, although the tool has a suggested HP and the matched tractor seems to fit this suggestion, I would consider upping the tractor HP by 20% over the tool recommendation. Further, if the tool is over 8 meters wide an articulated tractor, such as the New Holland T9, would be my preferred choice for turning radius.
aklein

Re: Field Mission tractor selection

Post by aklein »

When you enter a mission if you would like a differnt selection of equipment esc out of the screen and go into the mission again. There does seem to be a limited pool of equipment for different kinds of missions on different size fields but you can somewhat pick and choose what equipment you use for a mission by doing this. in addition the price you earn for the mission will change if you end up getting maybe a smaller implement or a slower implement.
GhostTigress

Post by GhostTigress »

Thanks. I figured that out a while ago which is why I have posted this comment. Try getting a tractor that isn't the Valtra S, NH T8, or the Case Magnum while using the big Salford plow. With the new update, I have found all of them woefully inadequate for pulling this implement.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I'm with Ghost. Not that I do missions much anymore, but none of the articulated or tracked tractors show up for missions. I did one on Coldborough the other day (I'm trying to get the field's price down) with the big Salford plow. The Valtra S was the biggest it would give me and it could barely pull it at 6 mph.

The HP requirements for the equipment seems to be the minimum in optimal conditions (perfectly flat, light/ sandy soil) taken from the manufacturer. I always add around 20% or so when matching equipment and HP on my farm.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
MeeaaW

Post by MeeaaW »

ha, ha... with bad tractor I have made- mission failed ;D
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

GhostTigress wrote:Thanks. I figured that out a while ago which is why I have posted this comment. Try getting a tractor that isn't the Valtra S, NH T8, or the Case Magnum while using the big Salford plow. With the new update, I have found all of them woefully inadequate for pulling this implement.
I've noticed the Valtra, upped to 400HP, struggles dragging this down the road post patch let alone on tricky terrain.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons