Silage Prices?

ArizonaSnow

Silage Prices?

Post by ArizonaSnow »

This question is mainly for Giants.

Why are the silage prices so bad? I realise on FS15 the price was way too high but now you have made it so silage is harder to make with all this leveling stuff and the sheer ridiculous time it takes to compact, but to top it all off once you start selling the silage the price drops at a stupid rate making it only worth selling a couple of buckets worth at a time unlike on FS15 when you could sell it all day long for the same price.

And before someone says use a conveyor belt to sell it --- tried it and that is even more trouble than it's worth (on Chellington). The conveyor belts are unstable when you have to use a long system and they get in the way blocking the route to crop selling point and they constantly stop picking up and have to be realigned all the time.

So Giants can you please stabilise the price so it doesn't drop like it was on FS15 so silage is worth selling using the trusty old bucket method. The silage bale price doesn't drop when you sell bales so why should the sale price of loose silage drop when you sell it?!?!?
Phantoms

Re: Silage Prices?

Post by Phantoms »

Are you on console or PC. On PC, you can follow the advise in the post at http://fs-uk.com/forum/index.php?topic= ... msg1257303 to make the price of Silage stay constant and not drop after every bucket.
Playing on PC
Guil

Post by Guil »

Silage is still very profitable with conveyers. Set them up and make sure you turn off the engine or they can move out of position.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

It is actually better to sell the silage at the barn. The biogas was wanting to give me $500 or $600 for 1000l of silage and the barn (at the farm, near the chickens, where you sell straw) was wanting to give me $900 for 1000l. I never knew you could sell silage there (maybe since after the update?), but boy is a ton easier than the biogas plant. *thumbsup* Not so much messing around and wasting time. :)
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Guil

Post by Guil »

The barn gives about 1800 for a silage bale. Look st daggerwins early let's plays on goldcrest.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Drmattymd wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:It is actually better to sell the silage at the barn. The biogas was wanting to give me $500 or $600 for 1000l of silage and the barn (at the farm, near the chickens, where you sell straw) was wanting to give me $900 for 1000l. I never knew you could sell silage there (maybe since after the update?), but boy is a ton easier than the biogas plant. *thumbsup* Not so much messing around and wasting time. :)
I'm not sure which difficulty level you're playing on but on normal on GCV you get $1764 for a 4000L silage bale, thats $441 per 1000L. So anything over that at the BGP is better.
I am playing on Easy. But sorry, I should've said I am hauling silage in a tipper, not in bale form. I just thought it was neat that the barn is excepting silage now, or maybe the barn has always excepted silage, in that case, I wasted so much time and money trying to get the silage into the two mini-bins at the biogas plant. I used a modded Bergmann GTW430, dumped the silage on the ground, and then used Frase (I hope I spelled that right) mod to throw the silage into the grain cart to sell the silage that way. Selling through the barn is so much more efficient and way more convenient. *thumbsup*

So your saying that barn gives more money for bales than oppose to the biogas plant?
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
ArizonaSnow

Post by ArizonaSnow »

Guil wrote:Silage is still very profitable with conveyers. Set them up and make sure you turn off the engine or they can move out of position.
I'm playing on Chellington and I have tried the conveyors and OMG were they a pain in the ass because of the length of conveyor needed, took ages to set up, got in the way and it didn't like picking up - maybe because it's a mod map - it also needed constant supervision. Believe it or not but it seemed way quicker to sell with the Wheel Loader Silage Fork and less hassle.

I had no problem at all on GCV with the conveyors apart from the hassle of setting up, but on Chellington it don't work anywhere near as good. In some respects these mod maps are not all they are cracked up to be.
Guil

Post by Guil »

The trick is to set the conveyer just at the edge of the pit and then use the wheel loader to constantly move silage up to the catchment area of the first conveyer. Keep doing that and you can sell the whole lot in one continuous go.