Great demand explanation?

MeeaaW

Great demand explanation?

Post by MeeaaW »

Hi all today.
I have found, that wooden chips are more worth to sell than logs, about 2x more profitable can be if price is ok... So I cut down my 17 planted full growth trees around my single field, made I believe about 300K of wooden chips and thought.. now will be ok for long time till I will sell them... BUT...
Next day I got GREAT DEAMAND for wooden chips! what a luck! And price was ok as well! thought, ok, my plans about long run will disappear in 1 hour!
It was not true, at starting price 189, then it dropped to 187, 185... 183... and 171... all the time while great demand.. so.. actually NO difference, when there was no great demand... or my understanding about great demand is wrong? Price shouldn't be steady for all these hours?

Thanks for explanation in advance :)
FearEile

Re: Great demand explanation?

Post by FearEile »

In a nutshell price changes as soon as you stop selling, be it a bucket, a wagon or a trailer, it doesn't matter if there is a great demand or not.
Great demand will keep the price from fluctuating for the duration of the demand UNLESS you sell something.

Edit
I've seen talk that you can sell a load, save, quit and reload and the reverts back but I not 100% on that.
Eggsbox: FearEile
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Great demand only locks the price for dumping. So it should not drop down per bucket, or wagon loads.
Great demand does NOT lock for normal price fluctuations. If the price was about to go up or down by market price, they will do that no matter the demand.

And yes, you can save and reload to clear out the amount already dropped, but since that is the thing already working on great demand, it has no point. Market price will still go down if you save and reload or not.
PS4 player
MeeaaW

Post by MeeaaW »

ok, that means need to ignore great demands as something special :D
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

If you use the save and quit "cheat" , then great demands are nothing special indeed.
PS4 player
MeeaaW

Post by MeeaaW »

ErwinR55 wrote:If you use the save and quit "cheat" , then great demands are nothing special indeed.
i don't use cheats except mod- sowers without fertilizer :D