Ps4 slot limit patch

Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Re: Ps4 slot limit patch

Post by Stegei »

The problem with the bales is, that you can all move them to the same place, which is a nightmare for the physics simulation. Already, if you stack up 50-100 bales, the game would start to have performance issues. So we limit this to a reasonable number which still makes sense for gameplay, but also avoids extreme situations, where the game would become completely unplayable. And the limit is already double to the limit in FS15, where it was 100.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Yeah thats true too, do computer people get unlimited bales?
Xtry_online

Post by Xtry_online »

Stegei wrote:The problem with the bales is, that you can all move them to the same place, which is a nightmare for the physics simulation. Already, if you stack up 50-100 bales, the game would start to have performance issues. So we limit this to a reasonable number which still makes sense for gameplay, but also avoids extreme situations, where the game would become completely unplayable. And the limit is already double to the limit in FS15, where it was 100.
Thanks for clearing this up Stegei :)
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

I'm just happy they separated the bales from the pallets. Keeping track of the # of bales + number of pallets to stay under 200 was a chore.
Last edited by manosaurus on Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Thanks for the reply, I will definitely buy the game now.

I want to have another wind farm!
The_Big_JC

Post by The_Big_JC »

Stegei wrote:The slot limit is set to 500, although the map itself will use about 20% (dependent on which map you're playing on), so you have about 400 slots to spend on vehicles. Unfortunately, in the current version there is a bug, so that the number of vehicles is limited to about 50, dependent on what kind of vehicles you bought. Also it fails to show the remaining slots and how many slots a new vehicle would use, because we only show that from 80% usage on (which you have not really reached yet with only 50 vehicles).

An update is currently pending at Sony and Microsoft for testing/release that will fix this. However, this will probably take at least 1 week until it is available for you to download.
That's really shady to both lower the limit AND to have the map itself count towards that number, and have it such a large percentage of it (around 20% as you describe). Mods are one thing, but base/vanilla is completely different thing.
Derping on the PS4
Mystic

Post by Mystic »

Stegei wrote:The slot limit is set to 500, although the map itself will use about 20% (dependent on which map you're playing on), so you have about 400 slots to spend on vehicles. Unfortunately, in the current version there is a bug, so that the number of vehicles is limited to about 50, dependent on what kind of vehicles you bought. Also it fails to show the remaining slots and how many slots a new vehicle would use, because we only show that from 80% usage on (which you have not really reached yet with only 50 vehicles).

An update is currently pending at Sony and Microsoft for testing/release that will fix this. However, this will probably take at least 1 week until it is available for you to download.
Thank you for this most welcome information!
namerifrats

Post by namerifrats »

namerifrats wrote:Today was my first time messing with the game. After reading this, I decided to mess around with it and buy a lot of stuff by doing a test game by exploiting the Sell Glitch. Actually bought a significant amount of equipment. 6 large tractors, 10 implements, 2 trucks, 2 pick ups, couple forestry items, 2 slurry tankers, 2 combines, 1 forage harvester, 2 large wheel loaders, telehandler, 2 flat bale trailers, 2 low boy trailers, log trailer, several tippers, and a sprayer. No placeables yet, no potato/beet equipment, or baling equipment or anything to do with livestock. Haven't hit a limit yet.....will grab some more tomorrow.

So I messed with it some more today on the XB1, and definately hit a limit that feel way less than the XB1 on FS15. Added a few more more pieces of equipment, plow, 3rd combine with header, fuel trailer, baler, bale collector, small JCB tractor with front and rear mowers, slurry reader, slurry storage, and a couple weights. Still no placeables, livestock, livestock trailers, feeding equipment, beet or potato equipment. Could probably use 5-6 other misc pieces of equipment as well. Looking forward to the patch
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

Is this slot limit a permanent thing, or is there a chance that it will be removed or raised as the game matures? Also having never needed to worry about a slot limit in FS15 on console I don't quite know how limited this is? As a general ball park idea how much equipment could you have with the 400 slots? I love the series and I just want an idea if I will have to down size my farms.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Umm the awnser is in your quote..
Ubercooter

Post by Ubercooter »

Any idea when/if a patch is coming to fix the slot issue?
Guil

Post by Guil »

Ubercooter wrote:Any idea when/if a patch is coming to fix the slot issue?
Are you too lazy to read the thread or blind?
Ubercooter

Post by Ubercooter »

I read it...several days ago someone took a guess as to when it might be....
Since you are so bright....why don't you just let everyone know when it will be fixed.....
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

Ubercooter wrote:I read it...several days ago someone took a guess as to when it might be....
Since you are so bright....why don't you just let everyone know when it will be fixed.....
Someone from Giants said that a patch has been sent to Microsoft and Sony for cert testing which usually takes a week. So around Nov 3rd or later we could see the patch.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Guil

Post by Guil »

Ubercooter wrote:I read it...several days ago someone took a guess as to when it might be....
You're hilarious the way you make things up. Stegei posted it in this thread less than 24 hours before you originally asked. Are you living in virtual reality and you fast forwarded several days in those 21 hours?

Go see an optometrist cos you need glasses.