what is the Best legit way to make money

techpad1642

what is the Best legit way to make money

Post by techpad1642 »

I am looking for a real legit way to make money on fs2017 since silage sells for about 98% less then it use to what is the best crop to get the most money i know missions is an easy way but i need a crop to sell so what is it and where is the best place to sell it
Guil

Re: what is the Best legit way to make money

Post by Guil »

Been a bit dramatic saying it's 98% less. If it was that much it would only sell for 32 per 1000L
Mr.Smoke

Post by Mr.Smoke »

Everything is supposed to be balanced now, so i dont think any one way or crop is going to be all that much more valuable than another.

As for which crop(s) sell for the higest prices, its soy beans and canola, but they yeild less than the others.
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

Silage is still the best way to make money from corn. First off, your harvesting the whole plant, not just the grain, much more volume. This is pretty much the way it is in real life. My grandfather raised corn for silage and animal feed, usually hogs, and never as a grain crop. To much cost and labor per ton, unless your doing it on a massive scale. His big money crop was cotton, and I've picked a bit of cotton in my younger days. He had three big silos back of th emain barn, and that stuff stinks when fermenting I can tell you, but the cows love it. He sold it to other farmers for good money too, because not every farmer has the money to run a silage operation, despite what life magazine and Norman Rockwell panting depicts. ;-)
PaulDuPouy

Post by PaulDuPouy »

Best way is missions for the other farmers, I made around $300k in 2 hours or so.
mtx95sho on XB1, Oct. '17 convert to the master race :hi:
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

PaulDuPouy wrote:Best way is missions for the other farmers, I made around $300k in 2 hours or so.
Yeah, but that takes time away from getting your own farm going, if that is what you want to do. I could see one setting themselves up as a contractor too, and buying the equipment that will bring you the most money. They do this in real life. My grandfather used to pay an old man down the road, who had an old Massy-Harris with a belly mower, to cut his fields because it was cheaper for him because it took away from more important task. My cousin makes good money with a dump truck, trailer, and a tractor with bush hog, frontend loader, and backhoe attachments. This would be great for multiplayer. You could setup as a contractor for other farmers to do what ever task you have the tools and equipment for.
Xtrememaster

Post by Xtrememaster »

If you just started a new game.. I would prefer some harvest missions first.. They are easy to do i give you plenty of money the buy the first starting gear.
Also getting rid of the Case IH combine with to much hours on it, because it will cost you a lot to remain it.. Then the money goes faster out, then it comes in.
From the money you earned on the harvest missions you have to options.. With a low budget i would prefer the purchase the comia c6 harvester. But its better to buy the red case IH again with lesser hours on it.. This would differently help..

Its also help to have your setting right.. In this game a helper can use its own seeds so it buy`s from the store.. The downside on this is, that your are the one that paying those costs as well.. (better refill it your self when the seeder goes empty..)

Also a good tip is, dont sell al your crops at once, and produce the ones there has the most value, or are needed to fill up your storage, and then take your crops for there when needed.
Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese:
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

PaulDuPouy wrote:Best way is missions for the other farmers, I made around $300k in 2 hours or so.
Yeah thats great in all, but thats too much money way too fast, i could see doing one or 2 missions or while your fields are growing, but space them out a little bit, holy stuff.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Cajunwolf wrote:
Yeah, but that takes time away from getting your own farm going, if that is what you want to do. I could see one setting themselves up as a contractor too, and buying the equipment that will bring you the most money. They do this in real life. My grandfather used to pay an old man down the road, who had an old Massy-Harris with a belly mower, to cut his fields because it was cheaper for him because it took away from more important task. My cousin makes good money with a dump truck, trailer, and a tractor with bush hog, frontend loader, and backhoe attachments. This would be great for multiplayer. You could setup as a contractor for other farmers to do what ever task you have the tools and equipment for.
Thats true too, sometimes people forget about their own fields, like i said, do 1 or 2 missions, get good money flowing.
JTaylor801

Post by JTaylor801 »

Just be balanced about it. Do some missions, work your own fields. Doing the missions and earning reputation from the local farmers will cause the selling price for the fields to drop.

Do silage if you want, do logging as well. I'm glad things are more balanced.

You can also find all the 100 gold nuggets for 1 million in cash.
Happy Farming!

Check out my Farm Sim Blog
http://grizzlybearsims.com/
Realism through Simulation

YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/c/grizzlybearsims

Follow me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/GrizzlyBearSims
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

BigC92 wrote:
Cajunwolf wrote:
Thats true too, sometimes people forget about their own fields, like i said, do 1 or 2 missions, get good money flowing.
I think you and I share the same idea that it's a farm simulation game, and the ultimate goal being to get ones own farm up, running how you want, and making a profit. That being said, I can fully appreciate the other sides of the coin too, because in real life farmers do hire not only workers, but contractors to do work in order to save their time for more important matters. We do it in game when hiring a worker to work a field for us while we attend to other task we can't use them for. I also fully agree, that compared to real life, these wages appear too high, but one has to remember that because it is a game, things have to be scaled to compensate for time. This is what what seemed to be outlandish silage, and in logging to some degree too, prices. The purpose being you cannot get your basic farm up and going fast enough to buy all the (here it comes) really cool equipment you can buy, with the acreage, and limited equipment they give you to satisfy a very large number of impatient to get there hands on it players. Does that makes sense, and was it PC enough. Chuckle .. :wink:
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Cajunwolf wrote:
BigC92 wrote:
Cajunwolf wrote:
I think you and I share the same idea that it's a farm simulation game, and the ultimate goal being to get ones own farm up, running how you want, and making a profit. That being said, I can fully appreciate the other sides of the coin too, because in real life farmers do hire not only workers, but contractors to do work in order to save their time for more important matters. We do it in game when hiring a worker to work a field for us while we attend to other task we can't use them for. I also fully agree, that compared to real life, these wages appear too high, but one has to remember that because it is a game, things have to be scaled to compensate for time. This is what what seemed to be outlandish silage, and in logging to some degree too, prices. The purpose being you cannot get your basic farm up and going fast enough to buy all the (here it comes) really cool equipment you can buy, with the acreage, and limited equipment they give you to satisfy a very large number of impatient to get there hands on it players. Does that makes sense, and was it PC enough. Chuckle .. :wink:
Yeah, i honestly dont know how people run farms, my dad lived/helped on his uncles farm and his grandfathers farm, and he got hired outside of a town where we use to live, he dont tell me how they run their farm, he just tells me what he did, and the good old days, he drove a Stieger tractor with a chaser wagon, but i play like if i were to have a farm, if i make bad decisions, i live with them, i make good decisions, then i go along with them, but if i have enough money to buy a good tractor, like you said, ill buy it, i wont run out and do 300k worth of field work, it takes the fun out of the game if you ask me, ill do missions here and to have some good money flowing, but yeah, i work hard to get where im at, my dad says, if you aint working hard, you aint working at all.
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

BigC92 wrote:
Cajunwolf wrote:
BigC92 wrote: Thats true too, sometimes people forget about their own fields, like i said, do 1 or 2 missions, get good money flowing.
Yeah, i honestly dont know how people run farms, my dad lived/helped on his uncles farm and his grandfathers farm, and he got hired outside of a town where we use to live, he dont tell me how they run their farm, he just tells me what he did, and the good old days, he drove a Stieger tractor with a chaser wagon, but i play like if i were to have a farm, if i make bad decisions, i live with them, i make good decisions, then i go along with them, but if i have enough money to buy a good tractor, like you said, ill buy it, i wont run out and do 300k worth of field work, it takes the fun out of the game if you ask me, ill do missions here and to have some good money flowing, but yeah, i work hard to get where im at, my dad says, if you aint working hard, you aint working at all.
You see, now that's it in a nutshell right there, and you live with your own decisions, and figure out how to fix them, just like real life, and that is what makes this game really great. I get frustrated at folks who don't see that this is the games real purpose. I was very fortunate that my grandfather, maternal, was a farmer all his life, as was his father, and fathers fathers. I was born in the very early 50's, and as a young lad, was forced to work on this farm during summer vacation instead of running amuck all summer like all of my buddies. My dad was funny that way, and really admired his father in law, my grandfather. I remember at 6 helping to hook up the mules, before breakfast, to lantern light, and the were huge animals. He plowed his smaller fields,and my grandmothers huge garden along side the house, which I had to help with, with his mules. It was cheaper and easier than rigging the tractors for small, no bigger than two acres, fields. He love the mules because that's what got he and his father by during the depression and world war II. You couldn't get fuel, tires, or parts during these times, if you even afford any. The farmers who were dependent on machinery to farm lost their farms, and my great grandfather took advantage of this because they not only had mules, but the implements too. After WWII, that farm was near 4K acres, and it was down to 2100 when sold in 1959. My grandfather then used his share to buy 10 acres just outside Forney, Texas, When asked why, he said, "You can't just quit being a farmer, it's too much a part of your life." He was a very wise old man.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Cajunwolf wrote:
BigC92 wrote:
Cajunwolf wrote:
You see, now that's it in a nutshell right there, and you live with your own decisions, and figure out how to fix them, just like real life, and that is what makes this game really great. I get frustrated at folks who don't see that this is the games real purpose. I was very fortunate that my grandfather, maternal, was a farmer all his life, as was his father, and fathers fathers. I was born in the very early 50's, and as a young lad, was forced to work on this farm during summer vacation instead of running amuck all summer like all of my buddies. My dad was funny that way, and really admired his father in law, my grandfather. I remember at 6 helping to hook up the mules, before breakfast, to lantern light, and the were huge animals. He plowed his smaller fields,and my grandmothers huge garden along side the house, which I had to help with, with his mules. It was cheaper and easier than rigging the tractors for small, no bigger than two acres, fields. He love the mules because that's what got he and his father by during the depression and world war II. You couldn't get fuel, tires, or parts during these times, if you even afford any. The farmers who were dependent on machinery to farm lost their farms, and my great grandfather took advantage of this because they not only had mules, but the implements too. After WWII, that farm was near 4K acres, and it was down to 2100 when sold in 1959. My grandfather then used his share to buy 10 acres just outside Forney, Texas, When asked why, he said, "You can't just quit being a farmer, it's too much a part of your life." He was a very wise old man.
Exactly, you just cant call it quits and give up, you workd hard to get where your at, and you just throw it away, that dont fly with me, i was born in 92, we were taught right from wrong, half butt jobs to hard work jobs, in the future it will pay off, kids today dont value that kind of worksmanship, my mom and dad owned a business back when i was a kid, my old man and his grandfather built my dads shop, my dad fixed anything from a broke lug nut ( Not really) to overhauling engines, also farm equipment, we were well known for that too, so my dad also knows the value of hard work, infact we still have all the equipment from the business today, but we had to move, it *censored* moving from a place that you knew everyone to a place where you dont, dad still regrets moving, sorry got carried away... So i think were on the same page.
PaulDuPouy

Post by PaulDuPouy »

BigC92 wrote:
Yeah thats great in all, but thats too much money way too fast, i could see doing one or 2 missions or while your fields are growing, but space them out a little bit, holy stuff.
Same difference as running a custom harvesting operation really, all I did was harvest the top right 3 & the big one on the right fields. I mainly did it because I cannot stand having a starter combine that a Gleaner F2 might outclass....14ft grain tables are the dark ages for crying out loud. Plus I did get to try out both Massey combines, a Case & the NH 10.90.

Edit: I bought myself the small Fendt w/the 35ft grain table for my starter, although my fields aren't ready to harvest yet, do have soybeans, wheat, & barley planted though to compare yields.
mtx95sho on XB1, Oct. '17 convert to the master race :hi: