[FS17] Bug Collection Thread (Version 1.3 and up)

baty1985

Re: [FS17] Bug Collection Thread (Version 1.3 and up)

Post by baty1985 »

- PS4
- Object: STOLL Universal bucket
- Issue: stuck animation, more on video
- Single
- Steps to reproduce: Loading chaff. It happened to me so far only once. (40h played)
https://youtu.be/EBQYkChov9g?t=1s
c171

Post by c171 »

HerbVick wrote:ABOUT THE FLICKERING issue as reported by someone else on this thread.

iMac 27" Late 2013, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 12 GB RAM, NVIDIA, GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB, macOS Sierra

Flickering happens when trying to modify fields. Either plowing, harvesting or whatever, but especially harvesting. Oddly, it will flicker like crazy sometimes and other times not at all. It seems to be related to image masking or improper swap procedure. No similar problem elsewhere, at least on my machine. Note that the flickering doesn't happen on my iMac 27" Mid 2011, 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5, 20 GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB. Both are running the same OS and version of Farming Simulator, 3.1.0.

The 2011 iMac did have issues. It wasn't quite fast enough and that caused the rendering to suddenly slow to a crawl intermittently, and then recovering. Playing around with the graphics settings didn't help, and the results were sometimes worse.

Love the game! It raises the standard for other game makers to follow. From the detail work in the tractors and farm equipment to the exquisite attention to detail in the physics, the game is completely immersive! I hope this franchise serves you well, and feel certain that it will. Thanks, from a fan!
G'day

I might have been the one that reported the flickering previously, although it was more weird shadows appearing. Patch 1.3 seems to have eliminated the shadows but i too am also getting the flickering.

I've particularly noticed it with using a tedder, you get flickering between the textures and black around the tedder needles where it meets the grass. I've noticed it whilst mowing, however this time it seem to be whole tiles that flicker. It appears as though the tiles immediately around the tractor 1x wide fiicker between the unmowed grass texture and mowed grass texture. If you are close to a ploughed field the ploughed field texture will flicker between that and a grass tile.

I haven't been able to get a screenshot as it happens so quickly and rapidly. When it does happen i feel like i need to look away as it dazzles my eyes.

I also use an iMac, same specs as per above.

cheers.
HerbVick

Post by HerbVick »

Thanks for the feedback. Now that I've been playing a lot more and observing this painful flaw in the rendering more, there are a few things I have noticed.

That it flickers in the feed when filling a wagon, as well as flickering the patches of field.

In one large field I noticed that it would flicker the rectangular patches of field when reaching either end of the field, but not while in the center. As you know, it takes many passes to finish a harvest, and in every pass the pattern was the same. Middle of field rendered correctly. Ends flickering strong enough to invoke seizures. Fortunately, I'm not susceptible.

It happens while mowing wild grass as well as harvesting, so it isn't just fields.

I tried to capture it in video using Snapz Pro X. While playing the game, the field rectangular patches flickered all around the combine as it progressed. In the video, it never once appeared.

If this is fixable in software, I hope they come out with it soon. It is really bad. I hope it's not a flaw in this model computer with this video card. If that's the case, I'd like to know so I can take the issue up with Apple, or just upgrade to something else.

It does cause me to look away, too. It also causes me to miss when the combine gets a little off course, since it is combining images of unharvested plant with that of harvested in the process of flickering.

The reason I have two computers right now is because I was trying to get better performance from this game. But, except for the render speed, the older computer is doing a better job. Also, now I don't trust any Mac for the gaming I want to be able to do. Yet, I prefer the OS for all other things. My mind keeps flickering the possibility of a Windows machine just for games. … Yuck!
iMac 27" Late 2013, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 12 GB RAM, NVIDIA, GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB
farmerthinking

Post by farmerthinking »

PC
Siloking TrailedLine Duo 1814
When unloading the Siloking with TMR, the game registers a part of the load as power food and the other part as silage. Is TMR not the same as power food?
If they are different things and TMR = straw + hay + silage, then what is the power food made of?
Also, the green bar which represents the silage/hay level in the menu is always full but the numbers indicating the quantity go up and down.
Single player
Prepare TMR in the Siloking and feed the cows. Watch how much of the TMR ends up being recorded as power food.
SenSeo

Post by SenSeo »

HerbVick wrote:Thanks for the feedback. Now that I've been playing a lot more and observing this painful flaw in the rendering more, there are a few things I have noticed.

That it flickers in the feed when filling a wagon, as well as flickering the patches of field.

In one large field I noticed that it would flicker the rectangular patches of field when reaching either end of the field, but not while in the center. As you know, it takes many passes to finish a harvest, and in every pass the pattern was the same. Middle of field rendered correctly. Ends flickering strong enough to invoke seizures. Fortunately, I'm not susceptible.

It happens while mowing wild grass as well as harvesting, so it isn't just fields.

I tried to capture it in video using Snapz Pro X. While playing the game, the field rectangular patches flickered all around the combine as it progressed. In the video, it never once appeared.

If this is fixable in software, I hope they come out with it soon. It is really bad. I hope it's not a flaw in this model computer with this video card. If that's the case, I'd like to know so I can take the issue up with Apple, or just upgrade to something else.

It does cause me to look away, too. It also causes me to miss when the combine gets a little off course, since it is combining images of unharvested plant with that of harvested in the process of flickering.

The reason I have two computers right now is because I was trying to get better performance from this game. But, except for the render speed, the older computer is doing a better job. Also, now I don't trust any Mac for the gaming I want to be able to do. Yet, I prefer the OS for all other things. My mind keeps flickering the possibility of a Windows machine just for games. … Yuck!
It's not your computer the problem lies with the game i run Windows and i also have the flickering patches.I'm fed up with it i just stopped playing this game there are plenty of other games to play.Bought two games in the ps store at greatly reduced prices my ps4 is finally getting some use now.
[Windows 10 Pro running from Kingston ssd,Asus Maximus IX Hero,I7 7700K,Crucial 16gb RAM,MSI GTX 960 4gb,PS4 controller via usb]
farmerthinking

Post by farmerthinking »

PC
Horsch Maestro 12 SW
The front lights do not work.
Single player
Check front implement lights when they're on.
Jay911

Post by Jay911 »

Kind of surprised that my list of issues hasn't been raised... or maybe they've been raised and declared "will not fix", but even then I would think I'd have seen evidence of them thru the forums.

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PC via Steam
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: All skid steer vehicles
- Issue: Skid steer steering does not behave as it should
- Single- or Multiplayer: Both
- Steps to reproduce: Use of a skid steer should not produce the same kind of steering behavior that a front axle steered vehicle does. I appreciate that it would be difficult if not almost impossible to build in the completely different way that skid steers operate (with two forward/reverse levers instead of a steering wheel), but a good compromise might be for the skid steers to re-center their steering when no directional input is given, by default. In other words, if I am steering left, and release the left direction key, the vehicle should immediately start going straight ahead. This is most noticeable if you stop moving (forward or backward) while in the middle of a turn; if you resume forward or backward motion, the skid steer vehicle will continue turning as if it is a front axle steered vehicle with its steer wheels still turned.

- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: All vehicles/implements
- Issue: Make it possible for me to say 'no' forever to "look backwards" option
- Steps to reproduce: It seems like every time I get into a vehicle, or at least once per vehicle every time I enter a game save/multiplayer game, I have to disable the "look back" camera view (Shift+B) so that when I reverse to connect to a trailer, my carefully prepared view of the hitch doesn't get replaced with a view of the windshield of the truck/tractor. Please make this setting able to be permanently configured off.

- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: All vehicles/implements
- Issue: Can't reset vehicles in water/unplayable situations when no MP admin is present/active
- Single- or Multiplayer: Multiplayer
- Steps to reproduce: Far too many multiplayer games are littered with immature users driving all the vehicles into the water and rendering them unusable. When no game admin is present, this makes the game impossible to play. Consider a mode/option which will allow any player on a server to reset a vehicle or object, only if it is in a place such that it cannot be interacted with by normal means (i.e. if it's in the water).

- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: All
- Issue: Feature request - deliver newly purchased/leased vehicles/objects to home farm
- Steps to reproduce: I seem to recall in FS15 you could have your equipment purchased delivered to your farm rather than have to go get it at the store. Would like to see this ability return.

- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Picking up objects by hand
- Issue: Carrying objects too twitchy when close to other objects
- Steps to reproduce: When trying to lift or carry an object, if it is close to another object, any perceived contact with that object causes you to lose your grip and drop the item you're carrying. Example - if you are picking up a log from a pile of logs, if it brushes up against another one (or the invisible collision box surrounding another one), you drop the log. Similar actions occur if trying to pick up, for example, a log that fell under the wood chipper - it is extremely difficult to pull it out from under there.

- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: N/A
- Issue: Intermittent/inconsistent reloading of game upon quitting
- Steps to reproduce: When leaving multiplayer (either by quitting a game or being denied/unable to connect/etc), and when quitting a game on single player, sometimes you are immediately returned to the main menu, and sometimes you are returned to your desktop for a period of 5 to 90 seconds, after which the "loading" screen (with the sunflowers) reappears and re-presents the main menu. This is not a complete crash to desktop and reload, i.e. the FOCUS splash screen and etc are not being displayed. For some reason, some times the game feels the need to completely exit and restart. Same kind of behavior was recognized with FS15 by this reporter on multiple different PC platforms.

- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: All
- Issue: Popup of 'high demand' messages and similar notifications, as well as chat message boxes, halts vehicle
- Steps to reproduce: When a 'high demand' message pops up, I'd prefer that the game allow the player to continue doing what they're doing like FS15 did. Vehicles should still be controllable and moving (if they were moving when the message came up). I know this was already listed above but I thought I'd add my two cents. In a similar vein: When a vehicle is in motion and the player hits 'T' to open the chat window, do not stop the vehicle - especially if it is in cruise control mode. If the player is driving a trailer beside a combine to catch its product on the run, when the trailer driver wants to report their load level (i.e. "90%"), their vehicle should not come to a stop, disrupting the harvesting operation.

- Issue: Feature request - flag servers/games as favorites in multiplayer, either during play or when viewing the server list
- Steps to reproduce: Many times I've enjoyed a multiplayer game and forgotten what it was called by the time I wanted to take note of it for returning to it later. I can't find a mechanism to do so. If there is one, please let me know where - if there isn't, please add one.

- Issue: Feature request - similar to "don't show full games", add filter option to "don't show empty games" and/or specify a minimum number of players
- Steps to reproduce: Would like to see all the zero-player games and 1-player games masked from view. The zero-player games are pointless since the point of joining multiplayer is to play with others, and most of the 1-player games are people who have been idle for hours and hours on end and aren't responsive.
HerbVick

Post by HerbVick »

SenSeo wrote:
It's not your computer the problem lies with the game i run Windows and i also have the flickering patches.I'm fed up with it i just stopped playing this game there are plenty of other games to play.Bought two games in the ps store at greatly reduced prices my ps4 is finally getting some use now.
Thanks Man! That's a relief.

For what it's worth, I did figure out how to stop the flickering of field patches while harvesting. It has to do with the angle of camera view in relation to the ground. Raise the camera to increase the viewing angle and the flickering will stop. Titrate to discover the precise angle at which it stops, and leave it just above that to harvest all fields without flicker.

I've got the X Box 360. Wore myself out on Skyrim. Have a couple of other games that I might be able to get into.
iMac 27" Late 2013, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 12 GB RAM, NVIDIA, GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB
farmerthinking

Post by farmerthinking »

PC
JCB 260 with manure fork
The controls for opening and closing of the manure fork are reversed.
Single player
Equip a 260 with the manure fork. Open and close the fork and compare it with all the other similar tools for tractors, telehandlers, wheel loaders and skeed steer loaders.
Jarod997

Post by Jarod997 »

Dogface wrote:- PC: Steam
- Vehicle/Tool: Grimme SL 80-22 Quantum, Lizard 2-710
- Issue: Rolls away when you turn it on and leave
- Singleplayer
- Steps to reproduce:

On a number of occasions and locations I have set up my two converyor belts to move a pile of chips. Loading goes fine until I have to move the belts. After I move the belts and get out of the Grimme SL 80-22 Quantum, it starts rolling away on it's own!

There is no worker in it, and it is rolling away from the pile of chips, not back and forth in an arch (ie change angle). I did not leave cruise control on, but it should stop when I get out anyway.

viewtopic.php?f=893&t=103750
I had the Jenz BA 725 Woodchipper start rolling TOWARD the tree I had stuck in it, on its own, and away from the tipper. The woodchipper kept eating the tree and I lost a bunch of chips (yes, they disappeared: 1 tree nets me about 27,500 liters of chips, I got 21,795 off that one).
- FS 17 & FS 19 [English]
- Ottawa, ON – Canada
Jarod997

Post by Jarod997 »

- PC/Steam
- UI/Game
- Price incorrect for woodchips
- Tested in single player, 99% sure it's in multi too
- Steps to reproduce:

The price for selling woodchips in the game shows price per liter, but it's actually price per THOUSAND liters -- otherwise I'm making $7.2m per tipper load instead of actually $7,287.
- FS 17 & FS 19 [English]
- Ottawa, ON – Canada
DukaSoft

Post by DukaSoft »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: Pc
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Animals
- Issue: Animal animation breaks when running more than 60 FPS
- Single- or Multiplayer: Single
- Steps to reproduce: Start game, buy animal, look at animal (walks fine), press F3 to unlock FPS. look at animal (Slides over the terrain instead of walking)
PC User
Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @4.00Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
16GB - 2133MHz RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
thediabl0

Post by thediabl0 »

When new update?
PC Specs:
- i5 4690 3.5 Ghz
- GTX 1060 O6G
- 16 GB Ram DDR3
- Win 7 Pro
- Xbox One Controller
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

thediabl0 wrote:When new update?
Nobody really knows, GIANTS will give us a heads up when it releases.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
SenSeo

Post by SenSeo »

HerbVick wrote:
SenSeo wrote:
Thanks Man! That's a relief.

For what it's worth, I did figure out how to stop the flickering of field patches while harvesting. It has to do with the angle of camera view in relation to the ground. Raise the camera to increase the viewing angle and the flickering will stop. Titrate to discover the precise angle at which it stops, and leave it just above that to harvest all fields without flicker.

I've got the X Box 360. Wore myself out on Skyrim. Have a couple of other games that I might be able to get into.
I'm playing Chellington17 V2 at the moment and there are no flickering patches YESSS i can start playing again :)
While i was not playing fs17 my ps4 was seeing some use again.Bought a action and horror game at discount price...but...i have already finished both :/
That's what i like about farm sim we can keep on playing this game like forever *thumbsup*
[Windows 10 Pro running from Kingston ssd,Asus Maximus IX Hero,I7 7700K,Crucial 16gb RAM,MSI GTX 960 4gb,PS4 controller via usb]