Tabacco Harvesting Why Not

thunderhawk

Tabacco Harvesting Why Not

Post by thunderhawk »

Ok Why Have We Not Seen Tobacco Harvesting In Fs That's One Thing Missing that should Be In It I meen its not like its manual labor only Job that would not Require equipment They Do Have Harvesters that does this process cuts, racks them 448 plants to a rack then sets the rack in field continues on with next one here is a link one brand out there https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq3oWwyVIPc
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
MrSquealypig

Re: Tabacco Harvesting Why Not

Post by MrSquealypig »

I would imagine that it would change the games rating. They probably want to keep it rated E.
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Don't shoot me because this is not based on me as an opinion, but more reasoning as to why a developer would make the decision ...

Tobacco is usually looked down upon for children to be involved with in a gaming environment, and this game is rated "E" for everyone, meaning all ages. I hate to say it, but include tobacco in the game and the rating would indeed change. All the crazy conservative fanatics out there would go "OMGZ, my kid iz playingz zis game and iz growingz thingz meant for smokingz!!! SUE SUE SUE SUE!" Because ... politics.

Modding, however, still makes this possible. There was tobacco farming in FS15 via mods. There will be in 17 eventually, also.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

Faelandaea wrote:Don't shoot me because this is not based on me as an opinion, but more reasoning as to why a developer would make the decision ...

Tobacco is usually looked down upon for children to be involved with in a gaming environment, and this game is rated "E" for everyone, meaning all ages. I hate to say it, but include tobacco in the game and the rating would indeed change. All the crazy conservative fanatics out there would go "OMGZ, my kid iz playingz zis game and iz growingz thingz meant for smokingz!!! SUE SUE SUE SUE!" Because ... politics.

Modding, however, still makes this possible. There was tobacco farming in FS15 via mods. There will be in 17 eventually, also.
Yeah Your Probably Right It would be cool though Just to have as another sellable harvest
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
SirLANsalot

Post by SirLANsalot »

Faelandaea wrote:Don't shoot me because this is not based on me as an opinion, but more reasoning as to why a developer would make the decision ...

Yet we can plant Barely...which is most commonly used for Beer. Go Figure LOL
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

Cotton Harvesting is another I would Like To see In Fs
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

OH yeah. Cotton was a mod crop in FS15 and as FS17 was getting teased I noticed that some of the mod crops for FS15 were brought in ... so I was SO dearly hoping for cotton at the start.

Giants ... if you read this ... I would happily even pay for a DLC that brings in cotton.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Or sugarcane or carrots or whatever lol
OneAmongOthers

Post by OneAmongOthers »

Growing tobacco is also very hard on the soil I think. Pulls A LOT of the nutrients out of it.
WSavory

Post by WSavory »

They have combines for cotton picking. Check out John Deere's site.
mikeydz

Post by mikeydz »

sootysax wrote:Cotton harvesting requires slaves, not good for a PG13 rating
This is Farming Simulator 2017, not Farming Simulator 1817. You do realize cotton has been grown and harvested even after the Civil War correct? :this:
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Preeeeeety sure he was just trolling LOL.
Faelandaea Dravin
Xtrememaster

Post by Xtrememaster »

Why discussion about other crop types in this game, if there are still a lot of bugs / problems in the game.. That they invest that time to smooth these out..
And iam really not waiting on other new brands, they better add more content to there existing introduced onces.
Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese:
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

Xtrememaster wrote:Why discussion about other crop types in this game, if there are still a lot of bugs / problems in the game.. That they invest that time to smooth these out..
And iam really not waiting on other new brands, they better add more content to there existing introduced onces.
Get Over it Its A discussion About things that could Add Cry Baby
Nvidia GTX 660ti
boboduflachi

Post by boboduflachi »

someone say cotton?