Installing mod maps on steam

Danny844

Installing mod maps on steam

Post by Danny844 »

I previously bought physical copies of FS with the disk but this year I decided to buy on Steam and when i've gone to install the mods it isn't working. I've downloaded the STIFFI 2017 V 1.0 update for goldcrest valley but when i've replaced the files as usual I opened steam to play and it just keeps loading the map and not start the game. I've had to replace all the files by validating in steam because of something going wrong so how do you install mods correctly in steam?
Lister471

Re: Installing mod maps on steam

Post by Lister471 »

You put them in the mods folder witch by default is "Documents/MyGames/Farmingsim17/mods"

Then we you open a saved game or start a new game it asks you what mods you want.
Danny844

Post by Danny844 »

Lister471 wrote:You put them in the mods folder witch by default is "Documents/MyGames/Farmingsim17/mods"

Then we you open a saved game or start a new game it asks you what mods you want.
Is it not different for maps though? Because when I unziped it it had textures and other things to change as well so I changed them in the folders like you would do in FS15 but nothing worked. I know normal mods you would put them in the mod folder but thought it was different for maps.
Lister471

Post by Lister471 »

No you just put the zip file in the mods folder and run the game, Do not unzip it.

Then start a new game and use the green arrows to select the map you want.
Danny844

Post by Danny844 »

Lister471 wrote:No you just put the zip file in the mods folder and run the game, Do not unzip it.

Then start a new game and use the green arrows to select the map you want.
Oh ok thanks, I will try that and see if it works *thumbsup*