Really don't like the bumpy silage of fs17

SenSeo

Really don't like the bumpy silage of fs17

Post by SenSeo »

Let me rephrase,i hate it! It's like the tractor has the weight of a box of matches.To much in the pit and you get stuck,the wheels don't even turn and that with the biggest and most powerfull tractor.It's not all bad i really like the idea of manual tipping in the pits BUT...the leveling is a disaster.Compacting takes ages too.I'm sorry but i'm done with this whole silage thing.
[Windows 10 Pro running from Kingston ssd,Asus Maximus IX Hero,I7 7700K,Crucial 16gb RAM,MSI GTX 960 4gb,PS4 controller via usb]
BigC92

Re: Really don't like the bumpy silage of fs17

Post by BigC92 »

SenSeo wrote:Let me rephrase,i hate it! It's like the tractor has the weight of a box of matches.To much in the pit and you get stuck,the wheels don't even turn and that with the biggest and most powerfull tractor.It's not all bad i really like the idea of manual tipping in the pits BUT...the leveling is a disaster.Compacting takes ages too.I'm sorry but i'm done with this whole silage thing.
Looks like your going to be baling alot.
Mr.Smoke

Post by Mr.Smoke »

Why fill it so much then? There are 5-6 silos at the biogas plant.....
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Mr.Smoke wrote:Why fill it so much then? There are 5-6 silos at the biogas plant.....
How do you get stuck in a silage pit? Is it even possible?
Mr.Smoke

Post by Mr.Smoke »

BigC92 wrote:
Mr.Smoke wrote:Why fill it so much then? There are 5-6 silos at the biogas plant.....
Apparently it isnt very hard. I wouldnt know though as ive avoided doing anything silage related thus far due to all the known issues surrounding it.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Mr.Smoke wrote:
BigC92 wrote:
Apparently it isnt very hard. I wouldnt know though as ive avoided doing anything silage related thus far due to all the known issues surrounding it.
Lol, i just drive over it to compact it, but i guess a tractor can get stuck, so i might need an extra tractor and a tow rope near by.
Alexandro

Post by Alexandro »

The new silage silo is so bad that I decided to use it as a storage place, and from now on I will wrap up round bales of hay. And BTW, here in Switzerland small farms use bales, in fact I've never seen a silo of that kind.
RogsR35UK

Post by RogsR35UK »

I have almost got stuck in the compactor. That was after depositing a single load of grass cuttings (56,000 litres). The leveller does help but pushes the grass out of the compactor. One of the two Challenger caterpillar tractors seems the best option!