Can't select instalation folder and game wont install in x64 folder

elgranjerou

Can't select instalation folder and game wont install in x64 folder

Post by elgranjerou »

The installer doesn't let me select the instalation folder even when I select custom instalation. And also it install directly in the x86 folder rather than x64 folder.

Does this happen to anybody else?

I preordered the game (direct download version) yet still can't play it.

Support keeps me waiting with no solution.
SenSeo

Re: Can't select instalation folder and game wont install in x64 folder

Post by SenSeo »

elgranjerou wrote:The installer doesn't let me select the instalation folder even when I select custom instalation. And also it install directly in the x86 folder rather than x64 folder.

Does this happen to anybody else?

I preordered the game (direct download version) yet still can't play it.

Support keeps me waiting with no solution.
The game always installs in Program Files (x86).You cannot install in Program Files/Giants Software?
[Windows 10 Pro running from Kingston ssd,Asus Maximus IX Hero,I7 7700K,Crucial 16gb RAM,MSI GTX 960 4gb,PS4 controller via usb]
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

What's wrong with it being in the "Program Files (x86)" folder?
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
elgranjerou

Post by elgranjerou »

That it doesn't launches in x64.
Anyway, I can't select a different instalation folder or any custom installation. Since the installer doesn't work properly I don't know if the game itself works as it should. (It works only in C: and in the x86 folder)
danielhawkins

Post by danielhawkins »

elgranjerou wrote:That it doesn't launches in x64.
Anyway, I can't select a different instalation folder or any custom installation. Since the installer doesn't work properly I don't know if the game itself works as it should. (It works only in C: and in the x86 folder)
You just install it into the program files x86 folder than after installation you will see that one of the folders in the installation files is called "x64". Inside this folder is the x64 executable for the game. All you have to do is point the shortcut from your desktop to this location so it uses the x64 .exe rather than the x86 (32bit) .exe.
Let me know if this does not make sense
What ever it is I just said; I could be wrong!
Farming on FS17
"PC"
-MSI Gaming Pro Carbon RGB
-Intel i7 6850K Hexacore 3.6gHz-3.9gHz
-32GB RAM
-MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
-Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 1TB
-Win 10 Pro 64-Bit
-Logitech G710+, Corsair M65 PRO RGB
-Samsung SyncMaster B2240
How to find and post your Log.txt
elgranjerou

Post by elgranjerou »

danielhawkins wrote:
elgranjerou wrote:That it doesn't launches in x64.
You just install it into the program files x86 folder than after installation you will see that one of the folders in the installation files is called "x64". Inside this folder is the x64 executable for the game. All you have to do is point the shortcut from your desktop to this location so it uses the x64 .exe rather than the x86 (32bit) .exe.
Let me know if this does not make sense
It makes sense, but doesn't work. It ask for the "disc", like if there wasn't any instalation.
danielhawkins

Post by danielhawkins »

So you obviously have the disc version right? And the game starts with x86 version without asking for a disc?
Remember you have to have the disc in the drive to run the disc version of the game, or you can make an image of it and mount it on a virtual drive so you don't need your disc in the drive therefore you won't wreck your disc.

Install the game to where it automatically wants to install too which is "C:\Program Files (x86)" then after it installs go to your shortcut on your desktop, right click and select "Properties" then in the line for "TARGET:" change it to this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Farming Simulator 2017\x64\FarmingSimulator2017Game.exe"

NOTE: Leave the "START IN:" line as it is!! It should be something like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Farming Simulator 2017"

If all is installed as the game wants to install it without changing any directories for the install folder and the disc is in the drive or there is a disc image active then changing the target for the shortcut to the x64 folder and .exe then it should work fine. Mine is operating fine that way. Although I am using the digital version. But my FS15 was dsic version and worked fine like this too.
Farming on FS17
"PC"
-32GB RAM
-MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
-Win 10 Pro 64-Bit
elgranjerou

Post by elgranjerou »

Mine is digital too. Don't know why the x64 laucher ask for the disc.
danielhawkins

Post by danielhawkins »

That's weird. So have you tried a re-install?
After that I am sorry but I can't help you any further.
Farming on FS17
"PC"
-32GB RAM
-MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
-Win 10 Pro 64-Bit
elgranjerou

Post by elgranjerou »

Yep. I have downloaded it again with others browsers and reinstalled it and it's the same.

My big mistake was buying this version. I should have bought the steam version and I could be playing the game by now...
mbkuddel2812

Post by mbkuddel2812 »

elgranjerou wrote:Yep. I have downloaded it again with others browsers and reinstalled it and it's the same.

My big mistake was buying this version. I should have bought the steam version and I could be playing the game by now...
you have pm... dont forget to update first :wink3:
elgranjerou

Post by elgranjerou »

I don't know if you even care (giants), but I have noticed that I have the "_ESD" version of the download and others have the "_Multi" version. Maybe the ESD W7 version is not working well when automatically select the spanish lenguage. And then the installer doesn't work as it should.
elgranjerou

Post by elgranjerou »

15 days without responding. 20 days without being able to playing the game even when preorder. Wasted to much time releasing documentation and such but none testing the installers. Don'n like to be rude because I have enjoyed playing previous versions of the game. But since I have no answer and can't play the game, probably this is the last time I buy the game. Even though you don't care about just one more unit sold I don't like to be scammed.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

elgranjerou wrote:15 days without responding. 20 days without being able to playing the game even when preorder. Wasted to much time releasing documentation and such but none testing the installers. Don'n like to be rude because I have enjoyed playing previous versions of the game. But since I have no answer and can't play the game, probably this is the last time I buy the game. Even though you don't care about just one more unit sold I don't like to be scammed.
Wow, I would call that BAD customer service! *thumbsdown*
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
elgranjerou

Post by elgranjerou »

One mont without