Bale shredder how does it work.

benztechnc

Bale shredder how does it work.

Post by benztechnc »

So i drop straw bales in the top with the front loader. You can see them in there. Then get in the shredder and hit unload next to the pigs and it only shows around 500 in the tank, but there are two bales in there. I think it should show more than that? And it won't shred\spray the bales.
Pigs have around 1100 already, and have about 21 pigs.
Alexandro

Re: Bale shredder how does it work.

Post by Alexandro »

The shredder sees one bale at a time, but you can put 3 0r 4 in it. As for the fact that it won't spray, for the pigs there is a third unloading place only for straw.
benztechnc

Post by benztechnc »

Yes, is this the place between the tractor shed and the pigs? If so that is where I am unloading, just like the tutorial.

Thank you,
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Yes, it is the trigger point that is along the fence but not by a feeding trough. By the way ... I found something cool about FS17 ... you can take a tipper full of straw and just unload at that point without even messing with bales :)
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
benztechnc

Post by benztechnc »

Does it matter if you are using round vs square bales of straw?
Nostomania

Post by Nostomania »

If it's anything like the straw point for cows, you don't even need a shredder. You can fork bales right into the tray.

Alternatively, you can tip loose straw in as mentioned above.
benztechnc

Post by benztechnc »

Yep. I understand I can do loose straw, and I haven't tried just forking bales in. I don't want a bale just sitting within the fence if it doesn't disperse. Since I primarily farm on server, there's no way to restart it from a save, from what I know. I am not the server owner, at this time. However since we have baled straw and bought a shredder, I prefer for it to work, and to understand how it works.

Thank you though for the other suggestions.
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Oh absolutely :) I am a server admin for a dedicated server myself, so I completely understand where you are coming from. :) So yes, there are trigger points for both the pigs and the cows to blow hay bales into the pend.

Pigs - Have their own special straw trigger. Works with tipping, dumping or blowing. In your case you just park the blower, put the bales in, and then use the "unload" function which blows the straw into the pen. Also, note, if you have a LOT of animals, it WILL take more than 1 bale to do the animals in for the 6 day limit. If you have more than one bale, the blower will ALWAYS stop after using each individual bale. So for the next bale, simply press "unload" again and it will shred the next bale. I think with the amount of cows I have on one of my profiles it took 4 bales to satisfy the initial feeding for 6 days.

Cows - Same thing as pigs, but they don't have a straw trigger separately. For them you pull along their large feeding trough so you blow the hay into their building. :)

I hope that helps.

EDIT: Forgot to add - be sure the blower is hooked to a tractor during operation. The blower is not self powered, so you need the tractor to operate it just like any other implement.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.