We need more varied Missions

ArizonaSnow

We need more varied Missions

Post by ArizonaSnow » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:52 pm

I'm not saying I don't like the new missions but we need better variety in missions.

When you break down the missions to the basics they are all the same ... Drive in a straight line, turn around, rinse and repeat.

Personally I would like to see the return of the Pallet missions as I used to use them to break up the monotony of doing the farming work, the new missions system does not do that as the missions are doing the same thing you are doing on your own farm.

EagleWolfEddy

Re: We need more varied Missions

Post by EagleWolfEddy » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:16 pm

It would be cool to pick up a delivery, get food and feed animals, clean area, put bedding in, logging. Anything you can do in ur own work, itd cool to be able to do it for other farmers.
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13 :this: :this: :this:

chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:29 pm

I suggested that we have to unload the harvester when we are doing a mission. the game could provide the tipper and tractor or semi and when the harvester is full, you jump into the tractor/semi and unload the harvester. when doing potatoes or beets there could be a place to put a pile of crop on the ground there. chas
90 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing felsbrunn, fs19 on pc

Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:12 am

At least what we got is FAR FAR more than we had for FS15. Missions for FS15: Someone goofed. Go grab this pallet and take it here. Cool, now grab that pallet and take it there. Cool, mow some grass. Great ... oh look! More pallets!!!! It was bloody ridiculous, so I consider these missions a far cry better. My one complaint is that they set it up (on purpose, mind you) so that the game pauses all your own farming progress while you do missions, so it is impossible to use these missions as a filler for time while waiting for crops to grow. At least the idiotic pallet hauling missions in FS15 didn't pause the game.
Faelandaea
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.

Moph

Post by Moph » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:11 am

Faelandaea wrote:My one complaint is that they set it up (on purpose, mind you) so that the game pauses all your own farming progress while you do missions, so it is impossible to use these missions as a filler for time while waiting for crops to grow. At least the idiotic pallet hauling missions in FS15 didn't pause the game.
Sure about that? I often set my harvester going in a nearby field then start a mission, and once I can see on the minimap that it has stopped I tab back to it and quickly unhire the worker. I then tab back to the mission, complete it and come back to deal with the full harvester. Seems to me that farming progress continues, but you just don't have much time to deal with it due to the 10 second mission timer.

WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:25 am

I love doing the missions, yes its abit tedious, but then so is looking after your own fields, not only do you get money for it you also get to buy the field at a lower cost.
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen:

Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:00 am

Moph wrote:
Faelandaea wrote:My one complaint is that they set it up (on purpose, mind you) so that the game pauses all your own farming progress while you do missions, so it is impossible to use these missions as a filler for time while waiting for crops to grow. At least the idiotic pallet hauling missions in FS15 didn't pause the game.
Sure about that? I often set my harvester going in a nearby field then start a mission, and once I can see on the minimap that it has stopped I tab back to it and quickly unhire the worker. I then tab back to the mission, complete it and come back to deal with the full harvester. Seems to me that farming progress continues, but you just don't have much time to deal with it due to the 10 second mission timer.
That's not what's happening to me. Crop progression when i am doing missions is a complete stand-still.
Faelandaea
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.

wildberry

Post by wildberry » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:18 am

Faelandaea wrote:That's not what's happening to me. Crop progression when i am doing missions is a complete stand-still.
With that you mean growth stops? I hire helpers to do things when going on a mission and they do their thing as usual.
MC, aka Master of Cereals

Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:26 am

Yeah AI does seem to continue, but growth ... yeah ... definitely stops. That was a bit of a long test. I spent the last few days on a new profile - I immediately laid down field work for the couple of default fields I start with. Then had nothing to do until something grew there, so I started doing missions. Finally after a couple days of playing that profile I was like "WTF? My crops aren't growing at all." I verified my plant growth is set t FAST. So I started a new profile, did the same thing, but instead of doing missions to pass the time, I just hung out and chopped down a ton of trees to pass the time. Sure enough ... same fields, same conditions, same crops ... the radishes grew.
Faelandaea

wildberry

Post by wildberry » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:31 am

I still have to seed my three starter fields. Will do a test now, no missions, but will speed up ingame time
MC, aka Master of Cereals

ArizonaSnow

Post by ArizonaSnow » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:19 am

Faelandaea wrote:At least what we got is FAR FAR more than we had for FS15. Missions for FS15: Someone goofed. Go grab this pallet and take it here. Cool, now grab that pallet and take it there. Cool, mow some grass. Great ... oh look! More pallets!!!! It was bloody ridiculous, so I consider these missions a far cry better. My one complaint is that they set it up (on purpose, mind you) so that the game pauses all your own farming progress while you do missions, so it is impossible to use these missions as a filler for time while waiting for crops to grow. At least the idiotic pallet hauling missions in FS15 didn't pause the game.
At least the pallet missions were something different to what you do on your own fields and the grass cutting job on Sosnovka was great as you got to keep the grass for yourself, I did that mission well over 200 times and always did it when it popped up.

Plus on 15 you could buy all the fields and still do missions, you can't on this version, once you buy all the fields no more missions and not only that missions were not disabled in multiplayer on 15. Missions in multiplayer can give the multiplayer people something to do while w8ing for things to do just like in single player.

W1der

Post by W1der » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:21 am

ArizonaSnow wrote:Drive in a straight line, turn around, rinse and repeat.
I think you just described "farming" ... :blushnew:

But some forestry missions would be nice ... and maybe some transportation mission !?
[Win10] Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz / GTX1070 Dual OC 8GB GDDR5 / 32GB 2133MHz DDR4 SDRAM

Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:24 pm

ArizonaSnow wrote:
Faelandaea wrote:At least what we got is FAR FAR more than we had for FS15. Missions for FS15: Someone goofed. Go grab this pallet and take it here. Cool, now grab that pallet and take it there. Cool, mow some grass. Great ... oh look! More pallets!!!! It was bloody ridiculous, so I consider these missions a far cry better. My one complaint is that they set it up (on purpose, mind you) so that the game pauses all your own farming progress while you do missions, so it is impossible to use these missions as a filler for time while waiting for crops to grow. At least the idiotic pallet hauling missions in FS15 didn't pause the game.
At least the pallet missions were something different to what you do on your own fields and the grass cutting job on Sosnovka was great as you got to keep the grass for yourself, I did that mission well over 200 times and always did it when it popped up.

Plus on 15 you could buy all the fields and still do missions, you can't on this version, once you buy all the fields no more missions and not only that missions were not disabled in multiplayer on 15. Missions in multiplayer can give the multiplayer people something to do while w8ing for things to do just like in single player.
I did forget about those perks. I was actually thinking about that just today ... "What happens if I own all the fields but want to do a mission as a change of pace?" Wondering if the developers though, "If they have enough money to own all the fields, they sure don;t need missions." But for me it's not about the money ... okay it is when first starting out ... but in the long run it's about having more stuff to do all the time.

I have another thread going in that regard, because I have an observation that while the game doesn't "pause" during a mission (Ai workers continue to work), crop growth gets set to "off" during a mission (and someone else seems to have noticed that as well). So what happens if, regardless of how many fields I own, I get all my field work and animal work done and I want something to do besides forestry?

I like the current missions. But really after reading the replies here and remembering some of the perks of the old missions, I do wish we had them back as well.
Faelandaea

matains

Post by matains » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:33 pm

To me, missions are totally broken economy-wise. Why would you be payed more than what you pay to your own workers? Why would you be payed HUNDREDS times more? Why would the farmer be that stupid to hire you when there are people working for hundreds times cheaper?
But even if we "imagine" this is all fine, missions are pretty repetitive. I'd suggest adding missions which you would do with your own equipment - doing contracting jobs for other farmers. This could justify buying better equipment sooner because you know you can make the money back by contracting this equipment allows you to do.
It could work in a manner that you work for other famers while you have small equipment, but as soon you buy some serious stuff you can earn more money by doing contracting with your own equipment.

Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:39 pm

matains wrote:To me, missions are totally broken economy-wise. Why would you be payed more than what you pay to your own workers? Why would you be payed HUNDREDS times more? Why would the farmer be that stupid to hire you when there are people working for hundreds times cheaper?
Because I am a better worker? OH! And not ALL farmers believe in hiring folks from down south who are here illegally ;)

Sorry ... I had to :)

But now that you mention it ... yeah ... looks like the game is simulating the American economy just fine. Hehe.
Faelandaea