queston about weeder

Faelandaea

Re: queston about weeder

Post by Faelandaea »

Nostomania wrote:
  • If you use the expensive weeder, you can weed (1x fert) and plant the oilseed in one pass.
Now I seriously need to try that. The game tutorials have been explicit that weeding does absolutely no good unless it is done on a crop that is in the first stages of growth, so honestly I have been confused as to the purpose of a weeder that also happens to plant grass or radishes. If that DOES work, then I can change one of the steps I've been doing and officially be completely green on farming. So instead of plow-->Plant radishes with fertilizer-->cultivate with slurry-->plant crop, I could change it up and go plow-->plant radishes with weeder-->cultivate with slurry-->plant crop. Nice! Totally green farming while still getting the plowing stage plus all three stages of fertilization done before planting!
Last edited by Faelandaea on Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
Lysa

Post by Lysa »

LOL misquoting there. wasn't me that typed that sentence ;)

So do you actually plow after every harvest then? Instead of every 3rd?
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Fixed. Deleted the wrong name bracket when trimming the quote. Honestly I wish this forum were like every other forum on the internet ... if you quote someone you only get that someone ... not their quote plus every other quote they ever made. LOL.

And yeah, I do plow after every harvest. I guess it gets me into a rhythm.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Faelandaea wrote:
Nostomania wrote:
  • If you use the expensive weeder, you can weed (1x fert) and plant the oilseed in one pass.
Now I seriously need to try that. The game tutorials have been explicit that weeding does absolutely no good unless it is done on a crop that is in the first stages of growth, so honestly I have been confused as to the purpose of a weeder that also happens to plant grass or radishes. If that DOES work, then I can change one of the steps I've been doing and officially be completely green on farming. So instead of plow-->Plant radishes with fertilizer-->cultivate with slurry-->plant crop, I could change it up and go plow-->plant radishes with weeder-->cultivate with slurry-->plant crop. Nice! Totally green farming while still getting the plowing stage plus all three stages of fertilization done before planting!
That is very interesting to hear. I've not had time to try all the combinations of fert x 3 yet. It's these little things that I think add to the value of this game.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

I love the method I use because I get a fully charged field before I even plant. This is probably the most useful also to those who use crop destruction mod, as it saves you from unnecessarily trampling stuff as it is trying to grow. One doesn't need to worry about touching the crop as it grows until it is time to harvest. And as mentioned it is a completely green solution - no chemicals :)
Faelandaea Dravin
Nostomania

Post by Nostomania »

Yep. My current method is:

1. Cultivate (10%)

2. Weeder while planting oilseed (30%)

3. Pronto 9 - cultivate the oilseed / plant crop / fert in one pass (60%)

Edit: (for root crops i'm not sure i'll do the same, as you need an additional cultivation step)
Last edited by Nostomania on Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Nostomania wrote:Yep. My current method is:

1. Cultivate (10%)
do you mean plow... ? cuz I don't think cultivating gives you 10%

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
W1der

Post by W1der »

Oh ... this is just getting more and more confusing ... :confusednew:

I just thought of the weeder with sower as a "two in one" machine.
Not expecting it to actually weed and sow, at the same time ... :hmm:

But ... getting rid of the weed, "before" sowing, kind of makes sense!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Nostomania

Post by Nostomania »

cr41g_1965 wrote:

1. Cultivate (10%)
No, not plow. Plowing doesn't give you anything (it's just an added difficulty option having to plow every three yields).

Common confusion as they use the terms interchangeably - but cultivation is what gives you the 10%.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Nostomania wrote:
cr41g_1965 wrote:

1. Cultivate (10%)
No, not plow. Plowing doesn't give you anything (it's just an added difficulty option having to plow every three yields).

Common confusion as they use the terms interchangeably - but cultivation is what gives you the 10%.
I'm pretty sure you are wrong.... quick someone back me up :ubergeek:

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Nostomania

Post by Nostomania »

W1der wrote:Oh ... this is just getting more and more confusing ... :confusednew:

Well, it wouldn't make sense to sow on top of a crop that was already growing.
Nostomania

Post by Nostomania »

cr41g_1965 wrote:
Nostomania wrote:
cr41g_1965 wrote: do you mean plow... ? cuz I don't think cultivating gives you 10%

So ... if you have 'Require Plowing' turned off you only get 90%? Nah. Drop your Fert Stages to 1x and cultivate a field (the 10% counts as the whole 100).
CosmicNite

Post by CosmicNite »

cr41g_1965 wrote:
Nostomania wrote:
cr41g_1965 wrote: do you mean plow... ? cuz I don't think cultivating gives you 10%

I agree *thumbsup* haha it clearly says ploughing adds 10% just don't ask me where :lol:

Let's clear something up, ploughing is often the first stage of cultivation followed by tilling the soil.
Ex-farmer who should know better enjoying farming simulator.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrCosmicNite
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Nostomania wrote:
cr41g_1965 wrote:

1. Cultivate (10%)

Uh ... it's been all over the forums and I believe even the game tutorials do state that plowing does give the 10% boost.
Faelandaea Dravin
W1der

Post by W1der »

Nostomania wrote:
W1der wrote:Oh ... this is just getting more and more confusing ... :confusednew:

Well, it wouldn't make sense to sow on top of a crop that was already growing.
Well ... I agree to that ...
Must start testing this out on my won, to better understand it ...

I have not been doing them radishes yet ... :blushnew:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5