Reason for animal farm placement

matains

Re: Reason for animal farm placement

Post by matains »

W1der wrote: There was only "so much" things they where able to do, within the "time frame" for FS17 ...
Maybe for FS19 ... *thumbsup*
well i'll have to disagree on this one.
I'm pretty disappointed by this product to be honest. I still like it because i'm addicted to these series and i'll take anything they offer, but if we throw fanboyism out of the window, the facts are pretty bad. If you compare FS15 and FS17 side to side and realize you payed 35 euros for these changes, its pretty sad. Objectively speaking, this is the same game with some tweaks and addons integrated into core. It is not even gone too far from FS13 which is 4 years old.
Given how successful was FS15, i was expecting them to expand their staff and make a new game from scratch. Fingers crossed for FS19 xD
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Fs15 was good, but it didnt reach peoples expectations. Fs17 however has and more peoplw like it than fs15
Vaupell

Post by Vaupell »

strkrace86 wrote:Is there a reason why animals are always placed far away? Is that common in Europe? I am not used to that as all of the farms I have been on here in the midwest always have their animals on the main farm.
Danish farmer here..

Here we have our animals and fields as close to the farm as possible.
Nothing like in this game. Only if you "buy out another farm" then you might have them at that place.

Both large and small farms here have the animals close to the "house" due to the fact the animals have a very
high priority, and needs daily attention. Not like Farm simulator is showing.

Remember this is a simulation, made by "non-farmers" based on videos and photos of farms and farm equipment.
or just bad consulting.
Vaupell

Post by Vaupell »

Vaupell wrote:
strkrace86 wrote:Is there a reason why animals are always placed far away? Is that common in Europe? I am not used to that as all of the farms I have been on here in the midwest always have their animals on the main farm.
Danish farmer here..

Here we have our animals and fields as close to the farm as possible.
Nothing like in this game. Only if you "buy out another farm" then you might have them at that place.

Both large and small farms here have the animals close to the "house" due to the fact the animals have a very
high priority, and needs daily attention. Not like Farm simulator is showing.

Remember this is a simulation, made by "non-farmers" based on videos and photos of farms and farm equipment.
or just bad consulting.

P.s. Where i live now, we breed horses and cattle.. Previously worked at both milk ranches and pig farms.
Regardless ALL of them had a lot of land to take care of. It's not uncommon to drive 20-30 minuttes by tractor to get to the field
but animals are always close by.
matains

Post by matains »

This is partly adressed in FS17 since you can buy silos and garages and stuff to place near the animal farm you want to focus on. It is very expensive though and makes you leave 3 starting fields behind.
Danny844

Post by Danny844 »

W1der wrote:
matains wrote:
W1der wrote: Well ... I was thinking about this, kind of in the line of what you said ...
Typically a farmer would do only one type of "animal" ...

If I wanted to do cows ... I would set my "farm" up around them ...
Thinking of it it would actually be better ... If we had the possibility to choose to start without starting equipment and fields ... and have more money ... to be able to have greater options, as to how one would like to go about this ...

Ones I had my cow operation up and running, and making some serious cash out of it ... it would be easy to expand, doing more animals in the same game.

Or am I not thinking straight? ... :confusednew:
This was what i suggested the devs in the suggestion thread i made this spring. Unfortunately they didn't listen, or maybe it was too late to change stuff. Starting with no fields and choosing specialization would make so much sense. Another solution could be placing the animal farms where you want them.
There was only "so much" things they where able to do, within the "time frame" for FS17 ...
Within the time frame? Come on, they had 2 years. You can't tell me they didn't have enough time to do these things.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Danny844 wrote:
W1der wrote:
matains wrote: This was what i suggested the devs in the suggestion thread i made this spring. Unfortunately they didn't listen, or maybe it was too late to change stuff. Starting with no fields and choosing specialization would make so much sense. Another solution could be placing the animal farms where you want them.
There was only "so much" things they where able to do, within the "time frame" for FS17 ...
Within the time frame? Come on, they had 2 years. You can't tell me they didn't have enough time to do these things.
Well ... I thought so to ... But then I watched the documentary (the making of FS17).
The changes they made ... i´s not something you do "over night" ... also ... they had set higher goals ... but was not able to make it.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
W1der

Post by W1der »

matains wrote:
W1der wrote: There was only "so much" things they where able to do, within the "time frame" for FS17 ...
well i'll have to disagree on this one.
I'm pretty disappointed by this product to be honest. I still like it because i'm addicted to these series and i'll take anything they offer, but if we throw fanboyism out of the window, the facts are pretty bad. If you compare FS15 and FS17 side to side and realize you payed 35 euros for these changes, its pretty sad. Objectively speaking, this is the same game with some tweaks and addons integrated into core. It is not even gone too far from FS13 which is 4 years old.
Given how successful was FS15, i was expecting them to expand their staff and make a new game from scratch. Fingers crossed for FS19 xD
What where you expecting?
As I understand it, they had to do a lot of changes, that we can not even "see" (regarding the "game engine" and so one) ...

And If you are paying attention to the details in this game compared to FS15, the difference is huge!
When all the bugs has been sorted out ... I will be more than pleased with what they came up with ... :smileynew:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

Probably to help reduce lag in game, having all the animals in one place would be taxing, specially on consoles

No, its not like that in European farms, we keep cattle and sheep close to the farm, but pigs, they do stay away, guess cause of the smell lol
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen:
matains

Post by matains »

W1der wrote: What where you expecting?
A new game for the most part.
W1der

Post by W1der »

matains wrote:
W1der wrote: What where you expecting?
A new game for the most part.
Well ...
I hear a lot of "complaining" about how different this is to FS15 ... so they must have given us just that ... !?

The game is about farming ... based on real life equipment ... I am not sure how much different they could have made it actually ... :confusednew:
matains

Post by matains »

There is so much discussion about this subject in this forum that i won't go that far offtopic here. Check those topics, alot to think about.
strkrace86

Post by strkrace86 »

I see where people like to drive to the animals because the map is really cool but with how spread out the selling points are you have to drive the map a lot as it is. The thing that gets me is having share equipment with the different farms or buy separate for each. It would be nice to only have to buy one of each piece of equipment and then you don't have to transport stuff around. Tractors aren't a big deal but some of the other specialty items are quite slow going. Just my two cents. I am loving this game and I appreciate the forum and fellow "couch farmers," thank you all for your replies.
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

WolfeUK wrote:Probably to help reduce lag in game, having all the animals in one place would be taxing, specially on consoles

No, its not like that in European farms, we keep cattle and sheep close to the farm, but pigs, they do stay away, guess cause of the smell lol
I can't see how having all the animals on your farm would cause much lag if you spread the farm out just a tad (cramped together - yes). All the animals don't have to be wall to wall. But I seriously don't think the animals need to be as far apart as they are.
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

muzickmage wrote:
WolfeUK wrote:Probably to help reduce lag in game, having all the animals in one place would be taxing, specially on consoles

I can't see how having all the animals on your farm would cause much lag if you spread the farm out just a tad (cramped together - yes). All the animals don't have to be wall to wall. But I seriously don't think the animals need to be as far apart as they are.
That was the reason in FS15, so dont see why it would be any different in FS17
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen: