[SOLVED] Harvesters

Christopher73

[SOLVED] Harvesters

Post by Christopher73 »

I don't know if someone has brought this up, but the harvesters do this little stutter stop at the end of a pass. It's been that way since the last update. When you multiply each pass it wastes a lot of time.
Playing on PS4
TheGhostGG

Re: Harvesters

Post by TheGhostGG »

I thought it was just the map, I guess it was caused by the update. It's even worse with the Modded beet harvester. It's pretty funny to watch but SO time consuming.
Xbox One.

Add if you'd like, I would like multiplayer friends! GT: TheGhost GG
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I wish when they got done after a pass, they would just pick up the head while still moving and not d*ck around stopping all of the time. :smileynew: (Sorry for my language)
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi Christopher73!

Could you please give the following information:

• What version are you playing on?
  • Are you playing with any mods installed/activated?
  • If no, then does this also happen across Goldcrest Valley/Sosnovka maps?
  • Can you give me an example on what harvester(s) you were using to reproduce the issue?

Thank you!

Regards,
Lethian
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Hi Lethian

I can confirm the same issue and from what I've seen posted its on all platforms and was introduced in the last major update I'm on PS 4

On my GCV save I am using:
MF Delta 9380 W/Helianthus head
NH CR10.90 W/Super flex draper 45ft
Krone Big X 1100 mod w/EasyCollect 1053

They all do it at the end of every row, headland or no headland, with no objects anywhere close that would set off the collision detection. I have lots of mods installed and never tried without but it started after 1.05
PS4
garyst

Post by garyst »

Same here on xbox 1. Most noticeable are the harvesters, but had other tractors do it from time to time too. This is on goldcrest map. I have the Kuhn dlc and a few mods installed but not alot. This started after the latest update.
Jay911

Post by Jay911 »

Happens for me on any map, using the NH CR10.90 harvester with either the corn or wheat header installed. It's like the AI worker senses it's near (~1-2m) the edge of the field/crop, comes to a complete stop, moves forward a half meter, comes to a complete stop again, moves forward a half meter again, and so on, until it's harvested all the crop in that row. As if it's checking repeatedly if it's hit the edge of the field/crop and stopping to do each check. Yes I have lots of mods installed but none of them (I don't think) should be affecting this.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi Jay911!

Could you send me a quick video of you reproducing the issue? I've tried it here in the office but to no avail...

@all: The last update improved a lot with the helper AI, the thing you are most notably seeing is the helper driving backwards in order for the straw swath to stay within the field area - before the update it wasn't limited to the field and the worker would spew out straw all around the edges.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
King_royle21

Post by King_royle21 »

x Lethian x wrote:Hi Jay911!

Could you send me a quick video of you reproducing the issue? I've tried it here in the office but to no avail...

@all: The last update improved a lot with the helper AI, the thing you are most notably seeing is the helper driving backwards in order for the straw swath to stay within the field area - before the update it wasn't limited to the field and the worker would spew out straw all around the edges.
No the helper actually lifts and lowers the header for the last few field rows like it's not recognizing the end of the field properly. The straw swath reverse is fine
Jay911

Post by Jay911 »

Here's a video of the harvester acting exactly as described, and king_royle21 has the behavior correct.

I believe I saw a mod in the beta channel when I started the game this morning that purports to eliminate this behavior by forcing the hired combine to not lift the header when stopping work. Didn't try it.
derSchreiner
GIANTS Software | QA Analyst

Post by derSchreiner »

Hello Jay911,

can you test it with an other header at this hervester, please, and tell us if it is there again.

Can you post here your log.txt, please.
Grüße derSchreiner

How to report a BUG -> German / English | How to post a log file | How to upload images
King_royle21

Post by King_royle21 »

It happens for me with the fendt 6275L and Capello HS8 aswell as all the forage harvesters and corn headers on ps4
derSchreiner
GIANTS Software | QA Analyst

Post by derSchreiner »

OK, on console we have the same to, but now we need more input of the PC version, and the log file, please.
Grüße derSchreiner

How to report a BUG -> German / English | How to post a log file | How to upload images
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

I have noticed the stuttering at the edge of the field on PC. I didn't realize it was a bug. And it was a different combination of tools. I am not sure it was a harvester. I will try to reproduce.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Ran all my field tools, but it did not happen again. If it happens again I will save the log file.