[KNOWN ISSUE] Having Lag Issues Bad With The Game

canadafarms

Re: Having Lag Issues Bad With The Game

Post by canadafarms »

I can confirm the above posters issues. I have a save going on GCV with about 400 slots remaining in the store. I am getting the rubber band effect where the machine jerks back and forth when I have more than two or three workers hired and the more time I spend on this save and the more equipment I have the worse it gets. This is single player, i dont play multiplayer at all. I do have a fix for you if you are willing to listen..... find the map "gifts of the causcus coin" and see the shed system they implemented. The equipment you park in the shed is not rendered on the map until you take it out of the shed again. We can only have 6 things working at the same time so it is kind of pointless to have everything rendered at once and obviously the hardware can't handle it. This is not a new issue, I have played since FS 13 and it's always been this way. I will say that what I am experiencing now is the worst I have ever seen it though. Please consider implementing a system like I mentioned above, I do believe this will help a great deal with this issue.

Thanks
PS4
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi canadafarms!

Currently there really is nothing we can do with this hardware issue - we will keep improving the game and the way we use our resources in the next installment of the game. But for now - as you said in your post - we won't be able to do anything about this specifically, I'm afraid.

Regards,
Lethian
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
canadafarms

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] Having Lag Issues Bad With The Game

Post by canadafarms »

Yes I understand the hardware is limited but if you consider what I said with a system where everything wouldn't have to be rendered all at once I believe this would solve the issue. It's already been created and implemented on at least one map so take a look at that.

Thanks
PS4
TurboFarmer

Post by TurboFarmer »

x Lethian x wrote:Alright - can you take a look at your store page and tell me how many free "slots" you still have left? It's an indicator in the upper right corner. Also: When you're talking about lags you're probably referring to a decrease in your framerate, am I right? Or does this also happen in MP?

Regards,
Lethian
I cannot see the slot count as I don't currently have enough equipment for it to show up. I have to play several saves on a single map, each one for each aspect of FS17, so as to help with framerate by keeping the vehicle count low. But regardless of vehicle count, an animal farm will be laggy(decreased framerate) when you drive near the pens or experience the same effect near a forest. I also got the rubber banding issue when I hired multiple workers on my original big farm save.

The rubber band issue makes multiplayer unplayable. Example: It is frustrating to raise the arm on a wheel loader and have the bucket raise a couple of seconds later. Or, pick up a log with the forks and put the vehicle in reverse and the fork and log float a couple of meters away from the attachment point on the arm until you come to a stop, where it rubber bands back into place.
x Lethian x wrote:
Currently there really is nothing we can do with this hardware issue - we will keep improving the game and the way we use our resources in the next installment of the game. But for now - as you said in your post - we won't be able to do anything about this specifically, I'm afraid.

Regards,
Lethian
I would really like the current version to work properly since it is the one I have most recently spent money on. If it doesn't work properly now, how am I to be a confident consumer and continue to purchase DLC's let alone the next version of the game?

canadafarms gave a solid suggestion:
canadafarms wrote:I do have a fix for you if you are willing to listen..... find the map "gifts of the causcus coin" and see the shed system they implemented. The equipment you park in the shed is not rendered on the map until you take it out of the shed again. We can only have 6 things working at the same time so it is kind of pointless to have everything rendered at once and obviously the hardware can't handle it.
This is one of the biggest problems and the way I currently handle it is to have multiple saves on the same map and have each save for a different activity in FS17. This is not how I prefer to play the game. If I want to do something and then switch to another job, I have to load a different save.
Everything on the map really should be load on demand for consoles.
Another suggestion could be to have some "lite" maps that have far less town area and needless objects that don't pertain to farming.
I also read that someone working on a mod found that the shadows cast by the trees to be very resource hogging, perhaps another area on console that could use work to help framerates.

Please, please take all of this as constructive suggestion because I really do love the Farming Simulator series and want to see it continue to grow!
Also as a side note, I am a mod tester for a few respected mod authors on Fallout4. I typically spend several hours a week troubleshooting and helping discover glitches and incompatibilities in their mods for the Playstation4 and XBox1 versions of the game.
PS4 Farmer
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

TurboFarmer wrote: I would really like the current version to work properly since it is the one I have most recently spent money on. If it doesn't work properly now, how am I to be a confident consumer and continue to purchase DLC's let alone the next version of the game?
I totally agree, the next version of the game is a long ways away and it would be nice to find some solutions to the problems with this version before we look to the next version!
TurboFarmer wrote: Please, please take all of this as constructive suggestion because I really do love the Farming Simulator series and want to see it continue to grow!
Same here, I love this game and spend the majority of my free time playing it! As TurboFarmer said these suggestions are only trying to help the game run better for us.
PS4
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

We will definitely keep this in mind and I can promise to forward this to our developers ;) The only problem is that currently we're not quite sure if the loading of all vehicles is the exact cause of the problem really - so it's hard to say "we will/can definitely implement" a fix. But I'll promise, we'll keep a lookout.

Regards,
Lethian
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
Guil

Post by Guil »

Have either of you got any mod maps installed and activated on the mod screen?
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Guil wrote:Have either of you got any mod maps installed and activated on the mod screen?
No only the one I am using is activated Guil.
PS4
TurboFarmer

Post by TurboFarmer »

@x Lethian X
Thank you for listening and helping! But, please check unused objects and tree shadows with that too.

@Guil
The only mod map I have is Old Stream, but it is not checked(activated) in the mod menu that pops up before loading Goldcrest. Those are the only two maps that I play.

Another example: American Outback mod map version 1, I downloaded and started it up and went looking around the farm. I noticed either while panning the camera or moving and looking in a certain direction, I got a decent amount of frame drops. I sold all equipment and it still persisted when looking that direction. I then bought a truck and proceeded to check out the map layout. What I found was that no matter where I was on the map, if I looked at the town the frames would start dropping, with the only equipment being the truck i'm in. I could drive a square around the town and look away and be smooth as butter but look anywhere in town and frame drops. The mod author in his last update of the map made the town smaller and added a field where a part of town used to be. This helped improve framerate a little but didn't stop the stuttering from happening completely, so there has to be something resource hogging in there somewhere. The file size of the map is fairly small so I really don't get why it happens.
Supporting example: On Old Stream map the only time I ever drop frames is if there is too much equipment, i'm near the forest areas, or have animals at the farm. Both this and American Outback have somewhat close to the same file size. Old Stream has nearly no town.

The reason this is such a big deal to me is I love the game, but I have an issue with the frame drops because too much of it and I can't play due to getting motion sickness.
PS4 Farmer
Egoore

Post by Egoore »

I have found that turning off the mini map stops the stuttering on my game (Xbox 1)drumard farm map.
TurboFarmer

Post by TurboFarmer »

Egoore wrote:I have found that turning off the mini map stops the stuttering on my game (Xbox 1)drumard farm map.
Interesting, but I just tried it and it didn't make any difference for me.
PS4 Farmer
Shuffy

Post by Shuffy »

doesnt matter if its mulit or single the fact is the more you do on the game the worse it runs .. as soon as you go anywhere near a cut barley field the fps drops by at least 20fps..
an example 24hrs on new map last night with 4 players ... first start of game 70-110 fps .. now the games runs between 24-50 fps .. this is all down to whats been done how many workers are on the go how many fields need harvesting etc .. we bought every field ... also as soon as you buy over 300 cows or sheep at once the game lags .. too much weight something needs to be lightened .. as for pigs you cant even get to a stage .. you have to store crop .. last game over 3000 pigs the game was unplayable .. too much grain stored potatoes etc . same with cows you cant continue a game as you need to save lots of straw and grass etc... so we find its really annoying .. nearly 500 hours work on one map and then we have to restart .. we tried with no mods too dont make a difference .. THE FACT IS YOU HAVE NOT THOUGHT THIS THROUGH FOR ONLINE ! The concept is all wrong its more a one day game where you cant build up a farm or buisiness with your friends its turning out to be a mess about game so many kids on servers its unreal !
Johndeereman4250

Post by Johndeereman4250 »

x Lethian x wrote:Alright - can you take a look at your store page and tell me how many free "slots" you still have left? It's an indicator in the upper right corner. Also: When you're talking about lags you're probably referring to a decrease in your framerate, am I right? Or does this also happen in MP?

Regards,
Lethian

I am having the same issue I am on xbone though. If i take all hires workers away it gets better. I have 500 cows and sold some down to 250. It got a little better but still lags I have a couple buildings a places like the medium storage shed and a quanzahut and water tower and hayloft. I have only essential equipment to run dairy operation can't exactly remember my left over slots atm but Ik it's not under 300. My xbone is a 1tb Xbox. Haven't had this issue till lately. Went through and sold each mod one by one to rule out a mod malfunction still does it.
All Deere All day
FS19 addict. Ravenport XBONE
🚜🚜🚜🚜
SilverRedman63

Post by SilverRedman63 »

I see the same issue with XB1 - it seems to get worst with helpers hired ( them more of them hired the worst it gets ) and I get around the animal pens while driving a vehicle. I have seen this from time to time on all the maps on Modhub.
PC/Xbox1
SilverRedman63

Post by SilverRedman63 »

I have started a new GCV map and started slowy adding my favorite Mods to see if and when the Frame drop starts - and it did - I had used the longer plows at first till of course tired of the AI not turning them around very well so I bought the "JYMPA subsoil-er " and behold as soon as I turned down the street from the dealer Frame Drops started - I put up with it till I had a field plowed and then sold it - Frame Drops Stopped. I have had this issue with other maps and come to think about it I have had this MOD on everyone of them. Will Test More as I go.
PC/Xbox1