[KNOWN ISSUE] crops not showing right

flux

[KNOWN ISSUE] crops not showing right

Post by flux »

https://youtu.be/CiRmG4qfRjQ

I know its a small thing, but is there any way to fix this?
Last edited by flux on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: crops not showing right

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi flux!

I'm sorry, but your video isn't available to view - could you re-upload it please?

Thanks!
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
flux

Post by flux »

i updated the link in my first post
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi flux!

So what exacty is the problem - it seems like you aren't able to harvest the field? or are you indeed harvesting (does the tank fill up) and just not seeing the crops change? Did you buy the field beforehand?

Regards,
Lethian

EDIT: Did this happen online or in singleplayer?
flux

Post by flux »

x Lethian x wrote:Hi flux!

So what exacty is the problem - it seems like you aren't able to harvest the field? or are you indeed harvesting (does the tank fill up) and just not seeing the crops change? Did you buy the field beforehand?

Regards,
Lethian

EDIT: Did this happen online or in singleplayer?
The video is one example where crops are shown being mature, but ain't ready for harvest as in still being immature.
Another example is a field's crops changing to mature, then when a harvester is being driven to harvest, a spot changes to immature, as can be seen here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7xmI_ ... sp=sharing

This happens on a savegame on a rented online server
hjvg

Post by hjvg »

i think the problem he is reporting is the desync of the growth status in multiplayer.

the server and client does not Always have the same growth status. whenyour client says its ready to harvest and you come with a equipment near or in the field the plants going back to the growth status it has on the server.

mostly happens when you speed up time alot. to get it ready for harvest. loging out of the game and rejoining gives you the right status or drive in to the field to see if somting g changses(but of course thats not how it should be)

this bug is already in it since realese (but for me it seems to be better with the patches but for sure not 100% fixed)
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi hjvg and flux!

Yes - the problem you are both describing is a known issue: Desyncing can happen between the host and the client while playing online - this also can affcet crop growth status. Currently there is not much we can do about that - playing with sped up time is known to increase the chance of these problems occuring. We suggest saving and reloading the save very quick if this happens ;)

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Lethian
flux

Post by flux »

x Lethian x wrote:Hi hjvg and flux!

Yes - the problem you are both describing is a known issue: Desyncing can happen between the host and the client while playing online - this also can affcet crop growth status. Currently there is not much we can do about that - playing with sped up time is known to increase the chance of these problems occuring. We suggest saving and reloading the save very quick if this happens ;)

Lethian
It could be great if this could be pached, or modded away...
BitFarmer

Post by BitFarmer »

Lethian

This is the one bug that is super infuriating to deal with since I play multiplayer pretty much exclusively and it happens all the time. Does "can't do much about that" mean it will not be patched at all?!
machaqueso

Post by machaqueso »

Lethian
I just paid for a dedicated server and I am running into this issue. This is taking away from our enjoyment of the game and I would like to make a few suggestions that might mitigate this:

1. Resync option: call the code which synchronizes the server's field growth stage with the client every time the client "thinks" the field has switched to the next growth stage.
2. A full resync button: add an option in the ESC menu to "resync with server", this will just reset the client to whatever state it is when it just connects to a server.

The second option is not ideal but might be easy to implement and would spare us from the 16 keystroke sequence to disconnect and reconnect to a dedicated server which we have to do several times per session.

For those reading this, here is the disconnect/reconnect sequence you have to follow. You can setup a macro with your gaming keyboard, autohotkey or voiceattack to do this:

Esc
Right
Enter
Pause 10 secs
Down
Enter
Enter
Enter
Right
Enter
Pause 5 secs
Down