[WON'T FIX] A.I. doesn't recognize proper width of mower combination.

CattleMan

[WON'T FIX] A.I. doesn't recognize proper width of mower combination.

Post by CattleMan »

I haven't been able to find reference to this bug anywhere in forum... My apologies if it has been brought to your attention already.

PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: XB1 fully updated and patched.

- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: NOVACAT 301 ED, NOVACAT X8 ED, any tractor I've tried, any tedder or windrowers I've tried

- Issue: A.I. doesn't recognize width of NOVACAT X8 ED, only the width of NOVACAT 301 ED, when a tedder or windrower is pulled behind tractor.

- Single- or Multiplayer: Single

- Steps to reproduce:
1. Plant grass (any field I've tried... Only tried on GCV)
2. When grass is ready to cut attach NOVACAT X8 ED to the front of tractor.
3. Attach NOVACAT 301 ED to front of the NOVACAT X8 ED.
4. Attach a tedder or windrower (preferably of similar or slightly wider width as NOVACAT X8 ED) to back of tractor.
5. Start A.I. worker on grass field.

When the A.I. worker turns around at end of field he turns as if he only has the NOVACAT 301 ED attached, thereby over lapping 2 thirds of the actual working width of said implement combination. All attached implements function other than sometimes the tedder is raised a few feet before the end of field leaving some grass un-tedded. Just the worker doesn't execute the turn at the proper width.

Hope I have provided adequate information to help you solve this issue. Many thanks Giants for the great game. Please keep up the good work. :hi:
Last edited by CattleMan on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: A.I. doesn't recognize proper width of mower combination.

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi CattleMan!

Do you have any way to film this happening on your XBOX? A video you could send to us?

Regards,
Lethian
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
shynung

Post by shynung »

I experienced this as well. A triple-mower setup and a windrower/tedder one a single tractor would cause helper AI to overlap the runs. It happened with a Valtra T, Kuhn GA 9531, and Poettinger Novacat 301/X8.

I am on PC/Steam, auto-updates enabled (should have the latest patch).
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

x Lethian x wrote:

Do you have any way to film this happening on your XBOX? A video you could send to us?

No I'm afraid I dont
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Maybe shynung can help out with some material from the problem on PC?
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

I know that is has been a persistent problem from day one... I had hoped the most recent patch would fix the issue but to no avail... Last night when I tested it again for the OP I used the MF 8700 tractor and the tedder from the Kuhn DLC.

EDIT: Excuse me it was the MF 7700 tractor with the GF 8702 tedder. A.I. works fine with just the mowers both attached to front, or one on front and other on rear... But as soon as a tedder or a windrower is attached behind it doesn't turn around to the full width.
Soles2023

Post by Soles2023 »

CattleMan wrote:
x Lethian x wrote:

No I'm afraid I dont
If you have internet access, you can recocrd up to a 5 minute clip, you then have 2 options.
1. Go to "My Clips" and share it to Twitter (I you have one) from there you can copy/paste the link to Xbox Live clips.
2. Once the video is recorder you can go to Upload Studio save it to your OneDrive and upload it directly to YouTube (again if you have an account) then go to your channel and copy/paste the YouTube link.

Hope this helps.
XB1/PC
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

Wish it did but I don't have much in the way of online accounts... This is the most internet I have used in along time... Heck I just barely got a smart phone!
shynung

Post by shynung »

x Lethian x wrote:Maybe shynung can help out with some material from the problem on PC?
CattleMan wrote:EDIT: Excuse me it was the MF 7700 tractor with the GF 8702 tedder. A.I. works fine with just the mowers both attached to front, or one on front and other on rear... But as soon as a tedder or a windrower is attached behind it doesn't turn around to the full width.
Exactly like CattleMan said.

I have a feeling that the AI isn't set up to handle more than 2 implements at once. I didn't see it with the Kuhn DLC's subsoiler/cultivator/seeder combo, because those all work the same width. If a tractor was set up carrying a 3m mower+9m double mower+9m windrower, it worked as if all the equipment was working at 3m width, hence the overlapping.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

CattleMan, it seems that I can't PM you anything, but I will just say it here. I have the video and it is in the uploading process to YouTube. I was able to reproduce this problem on PC. Will get the video in tomorrow.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Here you go CattleMan, like I promised. :D

It's also in 1080p60fps, ooooooo. :lol:

How to post your log.txt
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

Hey thanks JohnDeere318 looks great and is exactly what I have experienced. :this:

x Lethian x: Above is a video of this problem that JohnDeere318 posted at my request. As you can see the A.I. helper does not execute the turn at the end of the field properly, thereby only using a third of the working width of the mower combination. This only accures when another implement (tedder or windrower) is attached behind the tractor. It doesn't seem to matter what tractor, tedder, or windrower is used they all have the same results. I have experienced this since day 1 (even before I had any mods installed). I am on Xb1 and this video is on PC so I would assume that it is also a problem on PS4. Thanks for looking into this, please let me know what you and your team discover.

Once again many thanks to JohnDeere318 for the help with the video. :hi:
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Hey no problem man, glad I could help. :)

How to post your log.txt
Guil

Post by Guil »

I had the same issue using a windrower on the back. I think the problem comes from the tool on the back been wider than the mowers so it keeps overlapping. With mine I ended up with a huge windrow on one side of the field from the whole field.
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

Lol yes I have had a few huge windrows too... Bales so close they almost touch!