[KNOWN ISSUE] Video recording of the game is dark [Nvidia GeForce Experience]

tobra

[KNOWN ISSUE] Video recording of the game is dark [Nvidia GeForce Experience]

Post by tobra »

Record game with Nvidia GeForce Experience, after recording, I review the video and it is dark tinting. I note that my last version of the driver for my graphics card is 381.89. I can happily record other games without problems, any game. Note that this happens only with FS17.

The attached video clip with the problem.
https://youtu.be/0ubQc7UuwSY

Picture settings.

In support of this post you send log files and DxDiag.
Log
DxDiag

Thank in advance.
Sorry for bad English.
:wink3:
Image Image Image
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: Video recording of the game is dark [Nvidia GeForce Experience]

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi tobra!

I'm afraid that recording Farming simulator with Shadowplay is not supported at the moment, since there is a problem with that (has something to do with shaders I think) - it's a known issue with us though. You could try another program like Open Broadcaster software, Bandicam or Fraps.

Regards,
Lethian
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
tobra

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] Video recording of the game is dark [Nvidia GeForce Experience]

Post by tobra »

Thank you for the quick answer.
Unfortunately, of the aforementioned recording software must be purchased and Nvidia got free. Otherwise use their graphics card.
Do you work on repairing the errors?

Thank in advance.
Sorry for bad English.
Image Image Image
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] Video recording of the game is dark [Nvidia GeForce Experience]

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi tobra!

Try Open Broadcaster Software - it's free ;)
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
aklein

Post by aklein »

OBS works great, i use it as do many others on youtube. Its a little bit of setup but once you get the hang of it its very easy to use.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

or try MSI afterburner (free)(NOT tied to MSI hardware, so will work with any make GPU be they Nvidia or AMD)

while it is primarily a GPU overclocking utility, it dose have video capture ability using a couple of different formats and a recording buffer that can be set to x mins of video or x MB of disk space, or x MB of RAM, etc etc, and dose have a tickbox to override video capture that would otherwise be dark.

it is also a small download, and with respect to CPU use dose sit between shadowplay on the one hand and OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) on the other.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
tobra

Post by tobra »

Guys Thank you for your help.
Yesterday I tried OBS (Open Broadcaster Software), and when you choose to capture game. And after that play back, recording is black.
When you choose displey capture, then it's a good recording.
In short, I hope that you will solve problems with GeForce Experience. In my opinion the GeForce Experience is such a good program to capture desktop games etc.
Image Image Image
Borealis

Post by Borealis »

There is a work-around I've successfully used in the past with GeForce Experience. I'm going to test to see if it works with the latest version of GeForce Experience...
Borealis

Post by Borealis »

OK. If you run the game in windowed mode and start your recording on the desktop, it works absolutely fine. It's just that you'll have the task bar at the bottom unless you let it auto-hide - in which case you get a slight border at the bottom.

Before it became the whole GeForce Experience thing, there was a separate section for shadowplay and it allowed you to select either desktop capture or in-game capture. As long as you had it set to desktop capture, it would work fine. With the more recent iterations, Nvidia have gchanged something and it no longer works this way...
tobra

Post by tobra »

@ Borealis: Yes... That I just now tried to turn windowed mod, and captures the game without problems. The only problem is as you described and it is task bar at the bottom.

Thank you for your advice. I hope that Giant Software soon eliminate the error.
:wink3:

Sorry for bad English.
Image Image Image
Borealis

Post by Borealis »

No problem, happy to help. A similar issue occurs with DayZ. I found that work-around on a DayZ forum whilst googling this FS17 issue! In the case of DayZ it was proven to be a gamma correction issue, which made everything very dark.

Of course, if you're handy with Adobe Premiere or something similar, it is possible to correct the darkness issue. It's a lot of work getting the balance just right and your PC has to be fairly powerful to get it to render at a decent speed.
*TurboStar*

Post by *TurboStar* »

If I'm not wrong, at the moment you can't record game in OBS when antiliasing (should be that) is enabled. Try to disable it.
tobra

Post by tobra »

Ok. whether Giant Software is planning to correct the error?
Image Image Image
tobra

Post by tobra »

Good news, now the FS17 in Nvidia Ge Force Experience included. Today I updated Nvidia Ge Force Experience.
But unfortunately the video capture still a problem.
GIANTS Software Please fix errors.

Thank in advance, greeting
:biggrin2:
Image Image Image
pfreek
GIANTS Software | Technical Projects Coordinator

Post by pfreek »

I heard about the problem in Dayz .60

They solved it like changing the resolution while capturing or tabbing out and back into the game.

Thanks for your feedback, though.