[KNOWN ISSUE] Wheel Loader / Buffalo equipment loosing brakes ...

W1der

[KNOWN ISSUE] Wheel Loader / Buffalo equipment loosing brakes ...

Post by W1der »

I noticed that the vehicles with "mid steer" like the wheel loader and the Buffalo equipment looses the "brakes" for a few seconds, when ever you move the front loader or the crane (even the slightest).

Super annoying when you are working on a slope or uneven ground ... makes it very hard to do anything with precision, as the vehicles starts rolling (even when brake pedal is pushed down).

I am running this game on Win10, bought the digital download through Giants ... and I am using the Logitech G920.
I do not have the ground response mod enabled.

When in the vehicles (on "tilted ground") pushing the brakes, give input on the joystick to move the tool ... and notice that the vehicle starts rolling ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
b101uk

Re: Wheel Loader / Buffalo equipment loosing brakes ...

Post by b101uk »

though both combined or split peddles can be used in FS17 (unlike FS13/15 which required combined peddles), have you tried using the opposing peddle mode, e.g. if your using combined peddles now to maintain compatibility with FS15 too, try changing split peddles (or try the opposite of what you are using at the moment)

FYI: upon the change in peddle mode, you will have to remap your peddle axis in-game, and possibly other wheel axis too.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
W1der

Post by W1der »

b101uk wrote:though both combined or split peddles can be used in FS17 (unlike FS13/15 which required combined peddles), have you tried using the opposing peddle mode, e.g. if your using combined peddles now to maintain compatibility with FS15 too, try changing split peddles (or try the opposite of what you are using at the moment)

FYI: upon the change in peddle mode, you will have to remap your peddle axis in-game, and possibly other wheel axis too.
Thinking about it ... it it was just the same when I was using the Saitek wheel. :hmm:
Also ... I noticed that the vehicle is not coming to a complete stop when pressing the brakes (not giving any inputs on the "tools") ... the brakes seems to stop working for a short moment just before it comes to a stop.

This is a problem, when doing bales ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

W1der the word your looking for is articulated, where it swivels in the middle? It does it on fs15 as well, but i noticed the Puma dont have that good of brakes, did they fix that?
King_royle21

Post by King_royle21 »

It's very annoying considering how precise you could potentially be with anything articulated
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

I was going to suggest drive control, but I notice it no longer has a handbrake function, as it's been integrated into the game, I take it the in game handbrake doesn't help this problem?
Sorry, I'm guessing as I haven't started 17 yet, I'm still having too much fun with fs15!
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
W1der

Post by W1der »

GIANTS ... are you listening?

Is this an issue that you are aware of / trying to fix?
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] Wheel Loader / Buffalo equipment loosing brakes ...

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi W1der!

Thank you for reporting. This is a known issue and we are looking into it.

Regards,
Lethian
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
W1der

Post by W1der »

Great ... happy to hear that!
King_royle21

Post by King_royle21 »

Been screwing around with this and it seems when I have the setting stop and go braking off it seems to work fine and I can hold down the brake and use the loader and it doesn't move, just takes some getting use to
W1der

Post by W1der »

This is with "Stop and Go" set to OFF.
https://youtu.be/eTZV28U_204

And exactly the same thing happens if you give input to the front toll in the same situation.

... I don´t like using the auto load feature on these front tools (I use them for the extra camera that comes with them) but when I tried the auto load function I noticed that this adds to the frustration, as it wont allow you to "unload" unless the vehicle is perfectly still.