[SOLVED] Tobii EyeX Slow camera movement

knuuud

[SOLVED] Tobii EyeX Slow camera movement

Post by knuuud »

knuuud wrote:I am having a minor issue after the update to 1.4 and 1.4.2. The Tobii EyeX has become impossible to use due to the fact that the camera movement is slow and if you turn from one side to the other it takes about 10 seconds to do that. Before the update it was quick, and it responded to the camera sensitivity settings. Now after the update it is slow, and does NOT respond to changing the camera sensitivity. Also before the update you could not see out of rear window, the change log said that "Fixed maximum camera rotation for Tobii EyeX (predecessor to Tobii Eye Tracker 4C) (1.4.2)" and I find this to be far from the reality. It has actually got worse after the update, now you can barely see out the side window before the movement is at its end.

Has anyone else encountered this? maybe also the same with other head/eye tracking systems? any solutions?

as noone seems to reply to the tech support part of the forum. It is a bug after all and it should be fixed.
pfreek
GIANTS Software | Technical Projects Coordinator

Re: Tobii EyeX Slow camera movement

Post by pfreek »

You're right, it was broken with 1.4 and was fixed in 1.4.4

Get it here: https://www.farming-simulator.com/updates.php
knuuud

Post by knuuud »

pfreek wrote:You're right, it was broken with 1.4 and was fixed in 1.4.4

Get it here: https://www.farming-simulator.com/updates.php
Sorry but no.. It is still acting the same, had 1.4.4 for some weeks and it is still the same. I quoted my own text from the other thread and forgot to update the problem. It is still slow as a snail and no settings affect it. and you can barely see out the side window when it comes to range of turning. (I even reset settings and deleted inputbindings.xml to see if it would fix it.
FarmerJOE

Post by FarmerJOE »

Kann ich bestätigen. Mit Patch 1.4.4 wurde zwar der Fehler von Patch 1.4 gefixt, dass man wieder komplett nach hinten schauen kann.
Aber die Drehgeschwindigkeit wenn man sich nach vorne dreht ist immer noch viel zu langsam. Das ging vor Patch 1.4 viel schneller. So ist Tobii Eyex absolut nicht zu gebrauchen.
pfreek

Post by pfreek »

Ist definitiv langsamer als Head-Tracking, aber im Team haben wir das für OK befunden.

Was genau sollte wie geändert werden, dass wir dort nochmal reinschauen können?

It's slower than Head-Tracking - for sure, but we, as a team thought it's ok like it is.

What do you want to be changed specifically? Only faster? You know, this may is a personal opinion.
FarmerJOE

Post by FarmerJOE »

Das seltsame ist, am Anfang ging das ganze noch schnell, seit einem bestimmten Patch geht das von hinten nach vorne umschauen definitiv viel langsamer. Das ging früher mit einem Schwenk. Vielleicht könntet ihr das ganze mal mit einer älteren Patchversion vergleichen, sollte sofort auffallen. Die englischsprachigen Kollegen haben das ja auch schon festgestellt.
Wenn es geht, solltet ihr die Geschwindigkeit des Drehens stark erhöhen. So wie es jetzt ist, verwende ich es gar nicht mehr, weil es mehr hinderlich als hilfreich ist. Wäre super wenn sich da was machen lässt. Ansonsten hab ich den Tobii Eyetracker umsonst gekauft.
Gruß FarmerJoe
knuuud

Post by knuuud »

pfreek wrote:Ist definitiv langsamer als Head-Tracking, aber im Team haben wir das für OK befunden.

Was genau sollte wie geändert werden, dass wir dort nochmal reinschauen können?

It's slower than Head-Tracking - for sure, but we, as a team thought it's ok like it is.

What do you want to be changed specifically? Only faster? You know, this may is a personal opinion.
I do agree with both of the others here. The eyetracker is now more of a setback than a help. As you say it is a personal thing, but I guess you guys would be able to put in a own tab for the headtracker like in a game called "the hunter" or "Rise of the Tomb Raider"? What I would like is atleast the option to change speed/sensitivity of the camera movement from the Tobii, but also a keybinding to turn it of if you do tasks where you would like it disabled for a short moment.Im sorry but my german is not to good so I cant write in german.
FarmerJOE

Post by FarmerJOE »

Wird das ganze mit dem nächsten Patch noch mal angegangen?
Wäre schön, wenn man Tobii wieder brauchbar verwenden könnte.
pfreek

Post by pfreek »

For now, I cannot promise anything. It probably won't get changed, but we had a talk about it here in the office at least. We tried it again and had a third person who visit us to test it. He thought, it's fast enough.

Thanks for your feedback though, we'll give it some more tests in the future.
knuuud

Post by knuuud »

pfreek wrote:For now, I cannot promise anything. It probably won't get changed, but we had a talk about it here in the office at least. We tried it again and had a third person who visit us to test it. He thought, it's fast enough.

Thanks for your feedback though, we'll give it some more tests in the future.
Well answer me this than: Was it the tobii EyeX you used or the Tobii Eye Tracker 4C? The last one I know works well, but so did the EyeX up until 1.3. After which it is impossible to use. I feel deceived as the Tobii EyeX was the one you guys promoted before the release of the game, henche is why I bought it. It should not be hard for your guys to get a grip on this problem and set in a settings option for sensitivity atleast as the two work differently. or you can send me and the others that bought the EyeX when it was promoted a upgrade, which would cost way to much.

Thanks anyways.
FarmerJOE

Re: [SOLVED] Tobii EyeX Slow camera movement

Post by FarmerJOE »

Hallo liebes Giants-Team,
ich wollte mal nachfragen, ob das Ganze mit dem nächsten Patch behoben wird? Habe den Eye Tracker nach langer Zeit mal wieder getestet, aber das funktioniert immer noch nicht so, wie man es sich wünschen würde. Das Umdrehen geht einfach viel zu langsam. Ich habe in diversen Videos gesehen, dass es mit dem neuen Eyetracker 4C schneller geht und meiner Meinung nach ausreichend ist. Aber das alte Modell Tobii EyeX ist immer noch zu langsam. Falls ihr den neuen getestet habt. Das seltsame ist, bis Patch 1.3 funktionierte der alte Tracker tadellos und war viel schneller. So muss ich sagen, habe ich mir die Hardware umsonst gekauft, da es so einfach keinen Spass macht und zu umständlich ist :sadnew:
Am besten wäre immer noch, in den Optionen die Sensivität einzustellen, wie schnell man es sich wünscht, falls sich sowas machen lässt.

Gruß FarmerJoe