[KNOWN ISSUE] Great Plains YP2425

High Cotton

[KNOWN ISSUE] Great Plains YP2425

Post by High Cotton »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: XB1
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Great Plains YP2425
- Issue: hitch collision limited turning radius
- Single- or Multiplayer: single
- Steps to reproduce: purchase planter, attach to tractor, and attempt to turn.

I understand this is a game and won't be exactly like real equipment but this is thing is hard to maneuver. It's very difficult to make 90* turns on the road or get in to fields. It appears as if part of the hitch was left off the model. Compared to actual planters it appears that the attachment point of the model is where the 3 point hitch hitch should mount. In doing so would move the pivot back allowing more clearance for the rear tires and a tighter turning radius.

There is an option that does require a 3pnt but it is a good bit longer than the in game model.

King_royle21

Re: Great Plains YP2425

Post by King_royle21 »

+1 on optional 3 point extension
CanProFarm

Post by CanProFarm »

+1 for a converter 3 points+>pin-hook for this equipment...
This seeder is a P.I.T.A to make turn! I can't set CoursePlay radius below 12m of turning radius with a standard tractor...
Haven't tried with a Jointed tractor, like B.B450, NH T9 or Challenger MT9x My farm is low on cash at this moment...
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Also noticed right tank does not fill only left.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
pfreek
GIANTS Software | Technical Projects Coordinator

Post by pfreek »

Thanks for reporting. We encountered the same problem while testing, but we had wrong data of the machinery. I cannot promise you anything, but this should be fixed somewhere in the future. I mark it as "KNOWN ISSUE" for now.
livesea72 wrote:Also noticed right tank does not fill only left.
This is intended and won't change, as both share the same fillVolume. You're not able to fill only one and afterwards the other one. Therefor, game design decision -> only be able to open one side.
High Cotton

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] Great Plains YP2425

Post by High Cotton »

Any updates on if this will be fixed?
SilverRedman63

Post by SilverRedman63 »

If it were mine I would cut the frame right behind the hitch and add about 2 feet so the front swivel wheels on the seeder don't hit my rear tires on the tractor while making a turn backing up. A simple cut and weld - just a suggestion.
PC/Xbox1
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

At this time, I'm having big doubts about fixes for this minor bug...

Hints to mitigate this physics restriction:
- Use a Jointed Tractor, as the NewHollend T9-565 or the Challengers MT900E(any config). Avoid CaseIH QuadTrak, too expensive, powerful and the tracks are going to far back.
- You turn large(use "Mushroom" pattern), and don't go faster than 10 or 15km/h while turning.

I have used this planter attacthed to many Jointed Tractors with my steering wheel, my Joystick and on keyboard, and If I set cruise control to maximum 15 km/h, and turn on headlands, I have absolutely no problems...

When you can't turn in "U" shape, you turn with the "Mushroom" pattern, that's one of the basic manoeuvers to learn in this game...

I personnally don't see any bug this annoying, it's not even major bugs, simply physics details...
I learnt to work around those, and play with quite well...

Playing on PC, I use GPS to work my fields when it's not on CoursePlay.
The GP YP2425: I use it on a New Holland T9-565 twin-wheeled, I use the "mushroom" pattern and respect it's turning radius.
High Cotton

Post by High Cotton »

That's what I do. Its just aggravating that I paid for a DLC mostly for this planter and the Brent cart to find out that they left part of the hitch off and it doesn't work correctly.
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

I saw something allowing to attach a pin-hook to a 3point:
Some modded wheights have a pin-hook trailer attacher.

Won't work out with BigButts, they have no 3p hitches...

I'll test it right away and come back with my results. If it works as I think it is, it'll fix most of the problem!
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Idk if anyone's said this yet, but I bet they left it off so you could use it with the big buds. I mean, how useful would it be if it came in a pack with a tractor you couldn't use it with?
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

I noticed the other day that there was a 3point adapter specifically for the YP2425 on the list of mods in testing. It left the list and didn't show up on modhub, so it must failed testing. I hope it gets resubmitted.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Yeah I saw that too
#LimeGreenPower
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

I GOT NEWS!!! (If nobody's figured this out yet) Go buy the MF pack 2500KG weight! It hooks to the YP2425!!
#LimeGreenPower
Old Iron Best Iron.
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Earnest Pea wrote:I noticed the other day that there was a 3point adapter specifically for the YP2425 on the list of mods in testing. It left the list and didn't show up on modhub, so it must failed testing. I hope it gets resubmitted.
It didn't say it was for this planter, Great Plains makes 3-point hitch adapters also.
But it would probably be to fix this indeed.

FordFarmer97 wrote:Idk if anyone's said this yet, but I bet they left it off so you could use it with the big buds. I mean, how useful would it be if it came in a pack with a tractor you couldn't use it with?
Nonsense. If they opted for a pull eye version, the should have taken the correct pull eye version. Miscommunication from Great Plains, that's all it is.

FordFarmer97 wrote:I GOT NEWS!!! (If nobody's figured this out yet) Go buy the MF pack 2500KG weight! It hooks to the YP2425!!
Great find, but not really much better, atleast I have not such a big problem with the transport position that this weight would fix it for the better :)
PS4 player