[KNOWN ISSUE] Great Plains YP2425

FordFarmer97

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] Great Plains YP2425

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ It really needs a bigger front weight if you use the 2500KG one as a hitch
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

ErwinR55 wrote:
Earnest Pea wrote:I noticed the other day that there was a 3point adapter specifically for the YP2425 on the list of mods in testing. It left the list and didn't show up on modhub, so it must failed testing. I hope it gets resubmitted.
It didn't say it was for this planter, Great Plains makes 3-point hitch adapters also.
But it would probably be to fix this indeed.
Sorry, I likely saw Great Plains and assumed YP2425.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
3rd pedal

Post by 3rd pedal »

Any updates? Just finally bought the seeder and its pita to drive around in thorton map!
Michslpgt

Post by Michslpgt »

When the patch notes came out for 1.5.1, I immediately looked for a fix to this seeder. Very disappointed to see there was no change listed.

Anyone have a fix they've been using? I converted a mod I had from FS15 (3pt hitch adapter from the Vaderstad seeder) which fixed it. The issue then is I cannot use any tractor without a 3pt hookup. I've pretty much given up on this seeder.

Here's a picture of the attached I used.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Michslpgt wrote:When the patch notes came out for 1.5.1, I immediately looked for a fix to this seeder. Very disappointed to see there was no change listed.

Anyone have a fix they've been using? I converted a mod I had from FS15 (3pt hitch adapter from the Vaderstad seeder) which fixed it. The issue then is I cannot use any tractor without a 3pt hookup. I've pretty much given up on this seeder.
This 1.5.1 patch was for in game stuff not the big bud dlc. So giants still might have an update for the big bud pack to fix it
Michslpgt

Post by Michslpgt »

Oh so there would be a separate update then. Well, I'll remain hopeful.
pfreek
GIANTS Software | Technical Projects Coordinator

Post by pfreek »

Michslpgt wrote:When the patch notes came out for 1.5.1, I immediately looked for a fix to this seeder. Very disappointed to see there was no change listed.
Yes, I'm sorry about this one, but we didn't patch the Big Bud DLC, so there won't be a change in that tool.

Someone send in a 3 point hitch adapter for it to our ModHub at some point in the past and we would have liked him to make it compatible for consoles - but it didn't happen at all. Sadly, the mod just vanished.

PS: I don't think there will be an update for the Big Bud DLC for FS17. :confusednew:
Farmer_S

Post by Farmer_S »

pfreek wrote:
Yes, I'm sorry about this one, but we didn't patch the Big Bud DLC, so there won't be a change in that tool.

Someone send in a 3 point hitch adapter for it to our ModHub at some point in the past and we would have liked him to make it compatible for consoles - but it didn't happen at all. Sadly, the mod just vanished.

PS: I don't think there will be an update for the Big Bud DLC for FS17. :confusednew:
Really? We paid good money for this DLC, which has bugs, and now we find out that's it's not likely to be fixed!? Come on. What incentive is there to buy future dlcs, if the bugs in them will be ignored? I'm perfectly ok with the fact that not everything is perfect on the first try. It's almost impossible for it to be. But not fixing stuff like this is nonsense. Again, sorry if I sound harsh, but this is frustrating. And I know it wouldn't be the end of the world for you guys to fix stuff like this, because updates for the game itself contained bugs which the use of modelling programs were needed, even if just for textures. Also wouldn't be too hard for you guys to get the right data. I get it, you guys were sent the wrong data. But please invest the time to fix your product, and keep your customers happy. And before anyone says it's just me who's not happy, you can easily find many, and I mean A LOT, of examples of people who feel the same way. We're not asking you guys to move mountains, just a simple fix is all we ask. Not too hard I would've thought. Also, sorry for posting this here, my other thread is going nowhere, just a couple of people arguing with me over and over.
TurboFarmer

Post by TurboFarmer »

I feel exactly the same Farmer_S. I paid good money for the DLC and to say they aren't going to fix things is a slap in the face to the customer. If they don't want to fix it fine, give us all who ask a refund. No way I would ever want to spend my money on a future game or DLC that will remain broken. Great customer relations you have there, Giants! The sad thing is, we get much better support from the modders and they are doing this as a hobby.
PS4 Farmer
BlueShadow125

Post by BlueShadow125 »

this is why i abandoned the pc version for the switch;
next to no bugs (as they would have been fixed on pc), no mods which could have bugs and no dlc, just the glorious base game.
you have now lost my future support in the pc version. if you wont fix your damn bugs, why should i waste my money on this franchise.
BlueShadow125

Post by BlueShadow125 »

Farmer_S wrote:
pfreek wrote:

Really? We paid good money for this DLC, which has bugs, and now we find out that's it's not likely to be fixed!? Come on. What incentive is there to buy future dlcs, if the bugs in them will be ignored? I'm perfectly ok with the fact that not everything is perfect on the first try. It's almost impossible for it to be. But not fixing stuff like this is nonsense. Again, sorry if I sound harsh, but this is frustrating. And I know it wouldn't be the end of the world for you guys to fix stuff like this, because updates for the game itself contained bugs which the use of modelling programs were needed, even if just for textures. Also wouldn't be too hard for you guys to get the right data. I get it, you guys were sent the wrong data. But please invest the time to fix your product, and keep your customers happy. And before anyone says it's just me who's not happy, you can easily find many, and I mean A LOT, of examples of people who feel the same way. We're not asking you guys to move mountains, just a simple fix is all we ask. Not too hard I would've thought. Also, sorry for posting this here, my other thread is going nowhere, just a couple of people arguing with me over and over.
funny thing is, i have found several GIANTS RELEASED MODS that contained such simple bugs, even a 10 year old could do it; let me put this into perspective - i have no programming/coding skills whatsoever and most of these bugs took 2 minutes to find AND fix. let me list the ones i found and repaired:
Vaederstadt 300c (3m seeder) had a missing sound when turned on, i copied and pasted a line of text and boom, fixed.
the itrunner manure spreader had an incorrect fill level (was 36000 meant to be 24000), i simply changed the value.
then the holmer dlc, the terravariant when bought would display a different power rating in garage, i just removed/changed a couple lines and BOOM fixed.

you see, it take no or minimal skill to fix these issues. i managed to do it...
why cant you?
Farmer_S

Post by Farmer_S »

BlueShadow125 wrote:
Farmer_S wrote:
pfreek wrote:

funny thing is, i have found several GIANTS RELEASED MODS that contained such simple bugs, even a 10 year old could do it; let me put this into perspective - i have no programming/coding skills whatsoever and most of these bugs took 2 minutes to find AND fix. let me list the ones i found and repaired:
Vaederstadt 300c (3m seeder) had a missing sound when turned on, i copied and pasted a line of text and boom, fixed.
the itrunner manure spreader had an incorrect fill level (was 36000 meant to be 24000), i simply changed the value.
then the holmer dlc, the terravariant when bought would display a different power rating in garage, i just removed/changed a couple lines and BOOM fixed.

why cant you?
Excuse me? What point is there to being rude to me? Plus, if you had actually read what I posted instead of just spouting off, you would see that the problems I am having are with the DLC, which put into simpler terms, means I cannot edit it. Otherwise, I probably could fix a few bugs with it.
So please, next time actually read what I wrote before replying. I never once mentioned mods anywhere. Those are easy to fix.
BlueShadow125

Post by BlueShadow125 »

Farmer_S wrote:
BlueShadow125 wrote:
Farmer_S wrote:

why cant you?
Excuse me? What point is there to being rude to me? Plus, if you had actually read what I posted instead of just spouting off, you would see that the problems I am having are with the DLC, which put into simpler terms, means I cannot edit it. Otherwise, I probably could fix a few bugs with it.
So please, next time actually read what I wrote before replying. I never once mentioned mods anywhere. Those are easy to fix.
this was not directed towards you, sorry but more towards giants. it wasnt meant to be taken as an insult or anything.
SilverRedman63

Post by SilverRedman63 »

pfreek wrote:

You don't need a 3 point hitch adapter - make the tongue about 1 meter longer on the seeder ( your Mod ) and it will fix the issue.
PC/Xbox1
Farmer_S

Post by Farmer_S »

BlueShadow125 wrote:
Farmer_S wrote:
BlueShadow125 wrote: funny thing is, i have found several GIANTS RELEASED MODS that contained such simple bugs, even a 10 year old could do it; let me put this into perspective - i have no programming/coding skills whatsoever and most of these bugs took 2 minutes to find AND fix. let me list the ones i found and repaired:

why cant you?
this was not directed towards you, sorry but more towards giants. it wasnt meant to be taken as an insult or anything.
Oh, ok. Sorry about that then. I wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying. In that case, I perfectly agree. *thumbsup*