[READ] Crab steering

W1der

Re: Crab steering

Post by W1der »

OK ... but even if this would work it creates another issue with the Holmer ... as it has 4 modes ... and only 3 of them is possible to map in the controls menu.
And the 4th mode is only possible to reach by using the toggle feature ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Andy55411

Post by Andy55411 »

b101uk wrote:it seams the only one that works is the Holmer beet harvester using any of the 4 buttons, while all the others (Telehandlers and Terra Variant) the only key that works is the toggle steering mode key.

(using keyboard, not tried a controller, or un-mapping the toggle steering mode key, which if I recall did fix an issue in FS15 at one point in time that caused the other 3 keys not to work if the toggle steering mode key was mapped to a button.)
thanks for confirming that I'm not the only one with this issue. I mean its not really an issue, just something that has been nagging me and would be nice to have the option to switch to either mode with a press of a button at any given time :lol:. I'll try unmap the cycle button and try again, I'm having a feeling there will be no change but I'll try just about anything at least once haha.
W1der wrote:OK ... but even if this would work it creates another issue with the Holmer ... as it has 4 modes ... and only 3 of them is possible to map in the controls menu.
And the 4th mode is only possible to reach by using the toggle feature ...
Oh yeah I forgot about the 4th one for the holmer, the rigid steering option.
W1der

Post by W1der »

The controls menu is one of the most important features of this game ... and I think it is pretty good the way it is ...
But there is always room for improvement ... :)

And it would be awesome if we where able to access it from within a "savegame" ... the "quit and restart" is a pain.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

both telehandlers etc and the Holmer beet harvester all have 4 steering modes

telehandlers/Holmer Terra Variant:
AWS.
2WS (front only).
left crab (AWS).
right crab (AWS).

Holmer beet harvester:
AWS (ridged).
AWS articulated.
left crab (2WS ridged angled).
right crab (2WS ridged angled).

and with both types, 2WS (front only) & AWS (ridged) would be considered "road" modes, while all the others would be "field/work" modes.

so maybe the 4th action could be done with the AWS key, i.e. hold the AWS key down for >2sec gives 2WS (front only)/AWS (ridged) function, while just pressing and releasing the AWS button (<2sec) gives AWS/AWS articulated, so the constant switching between crab modes and AWS/AWS articulated is still just simple/quick button presses.

else get rid of the toggle steering mode function and replace it as the 4th steering mode key.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Andy55411

Post by Andy55411 »

b101uk wrote:both telehandlers etc and the Holmer beet harvester all have 4 steering modes

telehandlers/Holmer Terra Variant:
AWS.
2WS (front only).
left crab (AWS).
right crab (AWS).

Holmer beet harvester:
AWS (ridged).
AWS articulated.
left crab (2WS ridged angled).
right crab (2WS ridged angled).

and with both types, 2WS (front only) & AWS (ridged) would be considered "road" modes, while all the others would be "field/work" modes.

so maybe the 4th action could be done with the AWS key, i.e. hold the AWS key down for >2sec gives 2WS (front only)/AWS (ridged) function, while just pressing and releasing the AWS button (<2sec) gives AWS/AWS articulated, so the constant switching between crab modes and AWS/AWS articulated is still just simple/quick button presses.

else get rid of the toggle steering mode function and replace it as the 4th steering mode key.
That's some good points there. I'm just glad that its not on my end lol