[READ] Crab steering

Andy55411

[READ] Crab steering

Post by Andy55411 »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: pc
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: N/A
- Issue: toggle left,right and all crab steering not working (for an example, left arrow for crab steering left, right arrow for right crab steering, up arrow for all)
- Single- or Multiplayer: both
- Steps to reproduce: go in to controls where you set up your buttons and set buttons to toggle left,right and all crab steering then try to use those modes, it sets up the buttons fine, it just doesn't respond to put it in either mode.
W1der

Re: Crab steering

Post by W1der »

Do you have the same buttons mapped for other inputs (like camera movement or something else) ... ?
If so you might have a conflict ... because it works for me and the buttons I mapped it to.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Andy55411

Post by Andy55411 »

W1der wrote:Do you have the same buttons mapped for other inputs (like camera movement or something else) ... ?
If so you might have a conflict ... because it works for me and the buttons I mapped it to.
I didn't think of that I'll give it a shot thanks a lot :)

edit
I did what you suggested and made sure there were no conflicts, I even went as far as going to my test farm and disabled all mods and I still get the same result. it doesn't work for any of the telehandlers (including the new holland LM 7.42), the KL30.8T, however it does work with the holmer beet harvester (the one that came with fs17, aka the holmer DLC for fs15) :hmm:
Last edited by Andy55411 on Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
W1der

Post by W1der »

When assigning buttons, look at the bottom of the screen ... you will get a warning if it is mapped to something else ...
Some buttons can be mapped to several things (if they are commands that is never used at the same time).
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Andy55411

Post by Andy55411 »

W1der wrote:When assigning buttons, look at the bottom of the screen ... you will get a warning if it is mapped to something else ...
Some buttons can be mapped to several things (if they are commands that is never used at the same time).
I'm aware of that and I watched closely and the buttons I just set them to didn't show any warnings about them being used for anything else.
W1der

Post by W1der »

I noticed that this warning is not always showing (there seems to be a glitch) ...

The first change(s) I do usually have the warning ... but if I do several, the warning is not there (even though I know I have the button mapped for other commands).
I thought this might be because the amount of controllers I use ... they are identified as 6 different devices by the game in the game pad section of the menu.

Another thing ... there is the standard inputs for crab steering that comes with the game ...
If mods with crab steering is installed ... there might be additional lines to look for.
Andy55411

Post by Andy55411 »

W1der wrote:I noticed that this warning is not always showing (there seems to be a glitch) ...

The first change(s) I do usually have the warning ... but if I do several, the warning is not there (even though I know I have the button mapped for other commands).
I thought this might be because the amount of controllers I use ... they are identified as 6 different devices by the game in the game pad section of the menu.

Another thing ... there is the standard inputs for crab steering that comes with the game ...
If mods with crab steering is installed ... there might be additional lines to look for.
I'll have a look through the menu and keep that stuff in mind. thanks again.

these are the controls I'm trying to use inside the red box. I just went through the list and looked for anything else that is using keypad 7,keypad 8 and keypad 9, found nothing. what is it called for the modes for you? (for an example, the one for left crab steering that works for you is it called crab steering left?). also like I said, these buttons work with the holmer beet harvester, nothing else.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Hjm ...

I am at the office right now ... so my hands are a bit tied ... :)
As I recall it,these are the lines I am using for the stock vehicles with crab steering though.
There should also be one for toogle steering mode or omething like that, but that should basically do the same thing as theese lines but everything mapped to the same buttion and you would have to toggle through the different modes (a bit frustrating).

When you try to do this (inside the game) ... do you have the vehicle selected or the "tool"?
If the "tool" is selected these controls might not work ... (you would have to select the vehicle first)!?

Did you check that the "num lock" is activated on your keyboard?

You could also try to use the second kolumn for the keyboard inputs to see if it makes a difference ... :hmm:

And just to be clear ... which vehicles is it that you are trying to apply this on?
Andy55411

Post by Andy55411 »

W1der wrote:Hjm ...

I am at the office right now ... so my hands are a bit tied ... :)
As I recall it,these are the lines I am using for the stock vehicles with crab steering though.
There should also be one for toogle steering mode or omething like that, but that should basically do the same thing as theese lines but everything mapped to the same buttion and you would have to toggle through the different modes (a bit frustrating).

When you try to do this (inside the game) ... do you have the vehicle selected or the "tool"?
If the "tool" is selected these controls might not work ... (you would have to select the vehicle first)!?

Did you check that the "num lock" is activated on your keyboard?

You could also try to use the second kolumn for the keyboard inputs to see if it makes a difference ... :hmm:

And just to be clear ... which vehicles is it that you are trying to apply this on?
you don't have to reply when you're busy :lol:

When you try to do this (inside the game) ... do you have the vehicle selected or the "tool"? : tried both ways, no luck

Did you check that the "num lock" is activated on your keyboard?: tried both ways, no luck

You could also try to use the second kolumn for the keyboard inputs to see if it makes a difference: tried that, no luck

And just to be clear ... which vehicles is it that you are trying to apply this on?: vanilla telehandlers, the vanilla KL30.8T (the 60k front loader)
W1der

Post by W1der »

Who said anything about beeing busy? ... :coolnew:

I did not know that vehicle had crab steering ... !? :hmm:
Must try that when I get home ... (or if someone else can confirm this) ... :this:
Andy55411

Post by Andy55411 »

W1der wrote:Who said anything about beeing busy? ... :coolnew:

I did not know that vehicle had crab steering ... !? :hmm:
Must try that when I get home ... (or if someone else can confirm this) ... :this:

I can confirm this. I have to use the cycle option to get it to work but it does plus other said vehicles. I can deal with the cycle option, it just would be nice to select what crab mode I want at any given moment but if it its a must then so be it :neutralnew:

oh yeah, I said you were busy *thumbsup*
W1der

Post by W1der »

I finally got out of the office and tried this ... and found the same thing as you ... :hmm:
Andy55411

Post by Andy55411 »

W1der wrote:I finally got out of the office and tried this ... and found the same thing as you ... :hmm:
So you now see the problem? so its not on my end? :search:
W1der

Post by W1der »

With this specific vehicle it seems to be an issue ...
If it is intended or a bug (!?) ... lets see if GIANTS picks up on this and gives you some feedback and possibly a fix ...

I did not know that this type of vehicle had crab steering so I never thought about this ...

Did some more testing at the Liebherr and Manitou Telehandlers seems to have the same issue ...

And I also found that these vehicles uses the crane inputs instead of the front loader inputs ... which makes it impractical for me to get a logical setup with my controllers ... as the boom is then operated with my left hand side joystick ... :neutralnew:
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

it seams the only one that works is the Holmer beet harvester using any of the 4 buttons, while all the others (Telehandlers and Terra Variant) the only key that works is the toggle steering mode key.

(using keyboard, not tried a controller, or un-mapping the toggle steering mode key, which if I recall did fix an issue in FS15 at one point in time that caused the other 3 keys not to work if the toggle steering mode key was mapped to a button.)
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge: