[SOLVED] Forage Harvester turns hay into grass

RODHA

[SOLVED] Forage Harvester turns hay into grass

Post by RODHA »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PS4
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Forage Harvester and pickup header (any)
- Issue: Forage harvester pickup header converts hay into grass. In the shop menu, pickup headers are shown as they can pickup both grass and hay. But when you pickup hay with those headers they just convert it into grass.
- Single- or Multiplayer: Single
- Steps to reproduce: Take any forage harvester and any pickup header and try to pickup hay from the gorund. It unloads the hay to any tipper as grass.
PS5 / FS22
Golfcartjockey

Re: Forage Harvester turns hay into grass

Post by Golfcartjockey »

This is such a stupid glitch it makes me angry. How has this never been tested? I just wasted a whole lot of time
pfreek
GIANTS Software | Technical Projects Coordinator

Re: Forage Harvester turns hay into grass

Post by pfreek »

I'm sorry for the let down, but it was a game design decision. It's intended this way.

Maybe as an excuse: We didn't want to offer new fillTypes and it wouldn't be hay anymore ... neither we allow to use straw swaths with the forage harvester.

I hope, that you'll forgive us! :chinese:
Specialt

Re: [SOLVED] Forage Harvester turns hay into grass

Post by Specialt »

Just came across this issue today. What I don't understand, is the header says it can pickup hay or grass and is only viable with a forage harvester. If the decision was to not allow hay to be picked up, you would think the header would only show the grass symbol, not also the hay symbol. Rather frustrating. I would hope it could be changed in FS19.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Well, that stinks on the straw cause if you have a full storage and the selling price is way down, its wasted, on fs15 i did that, just forage harvested straw swaths.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Specialt wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:16 pm Just came across this issue today. What I don't understand, is the header says it can pickup hay or grass and is only viable with a forage harvester. If the decision was to not allow hay to be picked up, you would think the header would only show the grass symbol, not also the hay symbol. Rather frustrating. I would hope it could be changed in FS19.
Well I mean, it does pick up the hay, so its not wrong...
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

That is what a forage wagon is for. There are some nice big ones for fs19 a couple over 50k.
FS22 season pass, FS19 Platinum and FS17 on PC FS15 on X360
Apache1222

Post by Apache1222 »

gmfarmer420 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:53 am That is what a forage wagon is for. There are some nice big ones for fs19 a couple over 50k.
exactly this, the big forage harvesters are intended to turn crops into chaff which is put into the bunkers and turned into silage. the forage wagons are intended to just pickup the swaths of grass or hay and keep them that way.